Small SUV recommendations

Ford Escape

Subaru Forester 2.0 L H4 turbo
2017-subaru-forester-xt-premium-30.jpg

Kia Sportage
maxresdefault.jpg

Hyundai Tucson
18HyuTucGo5drBlueFR1_800.jpg

My last Toyota truck I bought new in 1986 for 12.5k, they’re around 40k now. Never saw that coming, I love that little truck I had and they get that money for them cuz they’re popular and people are willing to pay that price.
I’d still like to get another one some day down the dirt road.
Yeah I am trying to find a reasonably priced Used Tacoma for winter driving - they are frigging expensive new and used...lol. But as with most toyota's they are reliable and built to last.

Just an add in -

I'm trying to find a lightly used, low km tacoma for a decent price but they are really expensive - even the high KM ones.

So my second choice is a Jeep. Just need a winter vehicle.

Volv XC 60 or XC90 best safety ratings, four cameras, driver side blind side alert, back up cam, front cam, driver assist, and comfortable

2018-volvo-xc60-12806-1200x630-c-ar1.91.jpg

Had a wrangler when I lived in Hawaii and got a cherokee when I moved back to the mainland. Wranglers and liberties are good if you don't have much of a work commute cause they only get like 14-15 miles/gallon but are pretty powerful and don't break down, compasses would be better if they didn't have those shitty CVT transmissions. I got a cherokee cause it gets more like 22-24 miles/gallon and has more storage space.

Had a wrangler when I lived in Hawaii and got a cherokee when I moved back to the mainland. Wranglers and liberties are good if you don't have much of a work commute cause they only get like 14-15 miles/gallon but are pretty powerful and don't break down, compasses would be better if they didn't have those shitty CVT transmissions. I got a cherokee cause it gets more like 22-24 miles/gallon and has more storage space.
As far as I can google, the '19 Corolla Hatchback is the only car to have the new Direct Shift CVT that has a gear for start from stopped position. I wonder if it's worth waiting for.

Yeah I am trying to find a reasonably priced Used Tacoma for winter driving - they are frigging expensive new and used...lol. But as with most toyota's they are reliable and built to last.
After the shift towards using eco-friendly plastic, that remains to be seen.

My last Toyota truck I bought new in 1986 for 12.5k, they’re around 40k now. Never saw that coming, I love that little truck I had and they get that money for them cuz they’re popular and people are willing to pay that price.
I’d still like to get another one some day down the dirt road.
Probably $40k for top trim version. $31k for plain version V6.

I own a Mazda Tribute 2011. I don't know what the newer models are like. Even though they are on the same platform as the Ford Escape, don't ever buy that.

Been a really good vehicle. Five speed automatic. 4 cylinder that has a lot of pep and fuel efficient.

What's good to buy? I see so many on the road from so many different makers. A lot of them look alike. I read a small sample size of reports of RAV4 having steering and transmission problems.
This past Xmas we rented an Explorer to haul the family, three of us and two dogs, 400 miles to the in laws. I was skeptical at first because it sat seven and I thought it would be like driving a boat, but in actually it doesn’t look that big from the outside but seats 7 and has plenty of space for cargo.

Only downside is the gas mileage and that it’s a Ford. Wouldn’t expect longevity out of it.

I'm leaning towards top quality Japanese craftsmanship.

What are some good accessories to buy? I'm reading about nylon cargo hammocks/envelopes to prevent stuff from sliding around.

I'm wanting front and back seat covers in case there are stinky passengers, but I don't want them to interfere with airbag deployment.

Those aren’t suv’s Those are lifted cars :/

Looks almost exactly like the AMC eagle from the 80s, a car that was mocked mercilessly. People are sheep.

Back