Small Living Space - Advice Needed

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So in the next couple of weeks i will be moving into a studio apartment (bachelor pad) Which is a ridiculously small living space and i needed some advice on making it a bit more livable. Perhaps some ideas for versatile furniture or how to arrange things to save space.

I was thinking of getting a futon like this. It can be a couch, bed and i can also store some things in the drawers.
sherbrooke-tiroirs-2-base-de-futon-frame.jpg

Or maybe something like this folding dining table
impressive-on-folding-dining-table-and-chairs-set-with-folding-dining-tablea-folding-dining-table-sets-urban-ladder.jpg

SMALL LIVING SPACE BRAHS UNITE!

I've always thought futons were nasty. You lay your head to sleep where somebody's ass has been sitting. I guess it's not turrible if you lay on the backrest side.

Hoe many square feet? I wouldn't get a lot of furniture. Watch that tiny home nation show for ideas. Or some japan se apartment pics.

I've always thought futons were nasty. You lay your head to sleep where somebody's ass has been sitting. I guess it's not turrible if you lay on the backrest side.
It will be mainly my own ass on there but it's good to have more livable space. Besides it's not like anyone's ass is juicing on the futon.

Coffee table that doubles as a table for eating.

You won't even need a table at all. Sit on your couch and eat your meals there.

dwell-transformer-dining-table.jpg

You want a real mattress not something that will spend half its life folded.

If it folds flat to the wall great but youll likely never put it up.

Your place or rental?

I was in a studio or one bedroom throughout college. One year I did not have a bed and just used a couch. My advice would be to not do that lol.

Bachelor pad is code for wife finally kicked his ass out the house.

how much space are we talking about?

Pics of space and sq ft / specs? I've seen studios that are super tiny and other that are very spacious. Depends on your budget too and how much crap you want to buy. Also are you talking owned or rent?

Get a set of bed stilts.

Bed-Stilts.jpg

Then you can store things in totes underneath your bed.

That's a shitload of extra storage space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back