Slick Daddy Club: We're Talking About the Two-Time

She clearly made him do this

The first time I read your post, I got this far and started laughing. "What a crazy defense that would be," I thought, "his wife forced him to have an affair."

That's true. Just reading the reddit post and some guy posted this video

Bill makes a good point

Burr is a legend. His weekly podcasts are blessing unto Mankind.

Side note - He finally lost Sherries Berries as a Sponser. They didn't take too kindly to his comparison of their white chocolate covered berries to Klansmen hoods.... lol

yeah where is this 'clearly' proof that isn't based in yoyr misogyny? i like how the dr is in the wrong, but the wife is being blamed. classic sherdog

Lol.. wtf? Easy there. That's one post in this thread.

As I posted earlier, I don't think she made him do it. I don't think his video confession was for his fans. Honestly I don't think most will care one way or another in the long run. People can separate the celebrity from the person.

I do believe his video was mostly for her though. He's in full damage control with his wife and by making this public he's trying to show his contrition for being a cheating douchbag.

My gut instinct though is that she's already out the door and this was a last ditch attempt. I wouldn't be surprised if she's moved out.

Last edited:
yeah where is this 'clearly' proof that isn't based in yoyr misogyny? i like how the dr is in the wrong, but the wife is being blamed. classic sherdog

You are one confused cookie. Try reading the *entire* post before you respond!

Lol.. wtf? Easy there. That's one post in this thread.

As I posted earlier, I don't think she made him do it. I don't think his video confession was for his fans. Honestly I don't think most will care one way or another in the long run. People can separate the celebrity from the person.

I do believe his video was mostly for her though. He's in full damage control with his wife and by making this public he's trying to show his contrition for being a cheating douchbag.

My gut instinct though is that she's already out the door and this was a last ditch attempt. I wouldn't be surprised if she's moved out.
Can you perhaps give us more information on how their relationship was before the confession video? Based on your gut instinct, of course.

Yeah, well, you're probably not a chick!!! Women just gobble that shit up. It's true that women like to talk about people and men like to talk about things. And those gossip mags at the supermarket / drug store check out counter is definitely there for the ladies picking up the groceries.
This isn't entirely a bad thing.

I recall back in college coming across a study where the researchers discovered that preadolescent and adolescent girls who spent time discussing celebrities often had healthier relationships, higher rates of happiness, and lower rates of suicide. I'm sure it's like porridge, but effectively talking about the decisions and mistakes others have made can be a healthy prism through which women organize their thoughts, their values, and their plans for how to manage their own lives. It also gave them a social touchstone to build more and better bridges with their friends.

Celebrities are a convenient tool that shifts this to a public sphere and also disarms a number of the typical social reservations one might have around a discussion by making it about someone they don't personally know (i.e. it allows them to discuss this impersonally and perhaps a bit more callously without being inappropriate; if they talk about infidelity within the context of a fellow student's parents, for example, then what they're saying could hurt someone's feelings, deeply, fracture their privacy, and ultimately possibly cause problems for those speaking if what they said were discovered by people they didn't want to hear it).

In other words, gossip has a social value, but it's best when it divorces the object and subject.

Can you perhaps give us more information on how their relationship was before the confession video? Based on your gut instinct, of course.

Lol... Dont need to know. Allegedly he fucked around with 4 women over 2 years.

Lol... Dont need to know. Allegedly he fucked around with 4 women over 2 years.
In fact, they've found that old marriages (15+ years) where the husband cheats, but the wife doesn't know, score the highest marriage satisfaction ratings (outside the honeymoon freshmen 5-year window) for couples. And the answer is no, it doesn't work the other way.

Don't tell that to a feminist friend...unless you want them to just be a feminist.

In fact, they've found that old marriages (15+ years) where the husband cheats, but the wife doesn't know, score the highest marriage satisfaction ratings (outside the honeymoon freshmen 5-year window) for couples. And the answer is no, it doesn't work the other way.

Don't tell that to a feminist friend...unless you want them to just be a feminist.

Ritz crackers vs Plain Old Saltines

I recall back in college coming across a study where the researchers discovered that preadolescent and adolescent girls who spent time discussing celebrities often had healthier relationships, higher rates of happiness, and lower rates of suicide. I'm sure it's like porridge, but effectively talking about the decisions and mistakes others have made can be a healthy prism through which women organize their thoughts, their values, and their plans for how to manage their own lives. It also gave them a social touchstone to build more and better bridges with their friends.

Celebrities are a convenient tool that shifts this to a public sphere and also disarms a number of the typical social reservations one might have around a discussion by making it about someone they don't personally (i.e. it allows them to discuss this impersonally and perhaps a bit more callously without being inappropriate; if they talk about infidelity within the context of a fellow student's parents, for example, then what they're saying could hurt someone's feelings, deeply, fracture their privacy, and ultimately possibly cause problems for those speaking if what they said were discovered by people they didn't want to hear it).

In other words, gossip has a social value, but it's best when it divorces the object and subject.
Wow, I never thought of it as anything but a negative. I love having my preconceived notions challenged lol.

Well there goes your invitation to Oprah.

ok guys i know we are fans of the doc but cmon now

Celebrities are a convenient tool that shifts this to a public sphere and also disarms a number of the typical social reservations one might have around a discussion by making it about someone they don't personally know (i.e. it allows them to discuss this impersonally and perhaps a bit more callously without being inappropriate; if they talk about infidelity within the context of a fellow student's parents, for example, then what they're saying could hurt someone's feelings, deeply, fracture their privacy, and ultimately possibly cause problems for those speaking if what they said were discovered by people they didn't want to hear it).

Interesting prism.

Goes to show that most women are crazy and need to invent imaginary situations to have any chance of acting logically in the future. Pretty fucking scary that they are making up fake scenarios in the future in which you are still wrong.

As an aside- the most together, intelligent woman I was ever with (and to be honest the only one I thought seriously may be the one) refused to read women's magazines on the basis that they were toxic to the individual. A real strong, sexually self-assured woman who had a real sense of humour and self. The fucking unicorn.

Interesting prism.

Goes to show that most women are crazy and need to invent imaginary situations to have any chance of acting logically in the future. Pretty fucking scary that they are making up fake scenarios in the future in which you are still wrong.

As an aside- the most together, intelligent woman I was ever with (and to be honest the only one I thought seriously may be the one) refused to read women's magazines on the basis that they were toxic to the individual. A real strong, sexually self-assured woman who had a real sense of humour and self. The fucking unicorn.

And you let her get away?

f6Cs2Yp.gif

Why is everyone so mad? Isn't this just what his character would do?

Back