Slayer calling it quits in 2018

One of my GOAT bands of any genre and first live band I ever saw as a kid back on their Rein in Pain European tour in 87. They still brought out some good albums in recent years but honestly that last one, after the first track I thought it fuckin sucked. Kinda sad but if they have really lost their mojo then best to hang em up.

the first farewell tour is always the most special

Saw them live in 2004 with Damageplan and against in 2010 with megadeth and Testament. Both in Halifax

For whatever reason Megadeth decided to play the entire rust in Peace album, while Slayer was advertising playing the entire Seasons in the Abyss album.

Megadeth decided to do the whole album first before branching out into other songs. Slayer opened with World painted blood.

Not sure who enjoys a Slayer show way out back taking vids. I Always need to be in the pit banging.

Got Kerry King and Hanneman guitair picks (and a Mustaine one) from the shows. Kerry King's guitair is usually turned up so loud it hurts and it is awesome.

Great band. Brutal band. However, over the last 10 years or so I have listened/watched this more than real Slayer.

I liked a song here and there but was never a big fan because I hate Tom's voice and find it annoying and hard to listen to.

One of the last tunes of theirs that grabbed me. I dont know if it was a case of me just mellowing out or their newer stuff just wasnt good enough compared to the past, probably both.
I remember a gig in 06 where they had the jet on the screen flying towards it at the beginning of Jihad, oh well SLAYER!

Reign in Peace.

Back