Slaughter BOTS (AI drones) Capable of targeting you based on politics, beliefs, social media, etc.

I'm honestly shocked a loony hasn't used drones yet. Drop chemicals, gas, powders, explode, etc. You can synchronize a bunch together as well. Set a GPS route and control them via a laptop. It would be difficult to track that person as well. You would have to see them launch the drones.

It's coming -- unfortunately.

Many a day have I wished for the techno simplicity of 1937. This is one of those days.

2tech_stinger.png

This looks like Trump doing his usual "casually taking a shit" stance when he's doing meet n greets with other politicians

GettyImages-654496670.jpg

A Swarm of Nano Quadrotors

Pentagon Tests Autonomous Drone Swarm

The TERRIFYING Sound of a US Military Drone Swarm

That is horrifying, kind of reminds me of the death whistle.

man’s skull and destroying “the contents" inside.

The video was released earlier this month by the Future of Life Institute, which is backed by Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk.

Wait, I thought they were on opposite ends of the AI debate.

Was that just a ruse?

XBox, Microwave, hair dryer, can opener, rice steamer. See? I can type random technological things too.

Funny part is that there is a smart version of all of those things, that could tell a drone where you are.

The military cant keep from getting rammed by cargo ships. Not overly worried about magic face recognition.
Yet we have crisper(s), neurolink, 3D printing and NASA who has sent men to the moon

Lol, they have rail guns, and tell us about it.
Rail guns? Yawn. Nothing to be concerned about there. Big whop, they are using magnetic energy instead of a chemical reaction, why is that so scary? Just natural evolution to keep turreted weapons relevant. More range, flatter trajectory, and in the case of Rail guns, cheaper ammo.

We are years from mainstream use of them though, as few Naval vessels have the power output to use them. They are hoping for 10 shots a minute.. Hell the lasers they are mounting now could barely dent a car..

Yet we have crisper(s), neurolink, 3D printing and NASA who has sent men to the moon
OMFG you are railing against Crisper now? Let me guess. You are against it, despite the fact that it and other techs like it have actually been used to treat diseases.. Gene editing has the potential to solve every major illness humans have, oh and that pesky degeneration we suffer called aging..

People like you give Christians a bad name. It's no wonder people think we are anti science with loons out there like you who are afraid of every new tech that comes out. Just like ISIS people like you would want to keep humanity locked in the dark age.

When he says, "integrating and miniaturising technologies that we already have" that's not a small step.
In terms of the video's scenario, currently drones that size with no payload or AI have a flight time under 10 minutes (typically much less).
What they are actually looking for the UN to ban, is the further development of things which already exist, like this.

300px-SGR-A1.jpg

They want a treaty to ban Autonomous Killing Machines, equivalent to treaties on chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

This isnt even a creative way to think about murdering someone using tech in the near future.

Program a self driving car to hit a specific liscense plate head on, as hard as possible. Way more feasible. Not as good of a tom clancy book though.

Rail guns? Yawn. Nothing to be concerned about there. Big whop, they are using magnetic energy instead of a chemical reaction, why is that so scary? Just natural evolution to keep turreted weapons relevant. More range, flatter trajectory, and in the case of Rail guns, cheaper ammo.

We are years from mainstream use of them though, as few Naval vessels have the power output to use them. They are hoping for 10 shots a minute.. Hell the lasers they are mounting now could barely dent a car..

It's a rebuttal to the idea that the military is technologically incompetent. Apparently I wasn't direct enough in how absurd that idea is.

This isnt even a creative way to think about murdering someone using tech in the near future.

Program a self driving car to hit a specific liscense plate head on, as hard as possible. Way more feasible. Not as good of a tom clancy book though.

Drone swarms are here today.

I don't understand what you find unlikely here?

I know right? I mean, @mcveteran81 and @Scyther have to know that this is exactly why people think Christians are as mentally deranged as Extremist Isis types. Every time they get wind of a new technology, they get scared and instantly label it as "mark of the beast" nonsense. Every single time. It really gets old. You just can't go around claiming every technology is the work of the devil.

Back