Slash on Marc Maron's podcast

trident

Water Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Apologies if this is not an appropriate post. I rarely come to this forum.

Appetite for Destruction was the sound track to High School for me but I never really got behind the scenes with GnR.

Decades later Slash shows up on Marons podcast and it's really the first time I have ever heard him talk.

A great interview for anyone who grew up loving these guys, who basically saved rock and roll.

I dont know how to link podcasts but it just showed up today

I’ve never made up my mind on how I view Slash as a guitarist. He’s considered one of the guitar “gods” but when you put him up against people like Petrucci or Satriani there’s a clear difference. Still super talented though and I could learn a lot from him

I was not a slash fan until recently when I heard the album "world in fire" and was
impressed how his playing has improved.

I’ve never made up my mind on how I view Slash as a guitarist. He’s considered one of the guitar “gods” but when you put him up against people like Petrucci or Satriani there’s a clear difference. Still super talented though and I could learn a lot from him
It makes sense he was an early Richard's fan (I guess most of us were at that time) but Keith isnt some crazy fingered maestro. Hes a champion of the riff. And that's precisely what made Slash so great in GnR. I havent heard his new stuff.

I’ve never made up my mind on how I view Slash as a guitarist. He’s considered one of the guitar “gods” but when you put him up against people like Petrucci or Satriani there’s a clear difference

Yep, one has feeling and the other might as well be robot arms playing scales up and down or something

j/k (I like Satriani), just the 'but this guy is faster so he's better right?' style comment is funny ;)

j/k (I like Satriani), just the 'but this guy is faster so he's better right?' style comment is funny ;)
Yeah true, and I realize I mentioned this exact thing in my own thread here lol. I’d say Satriani is one of the more melodic ones.. IMO guys like Malmsteem are the archetypal example of taking shredding too far. The only people who go out of their way to listen to that kinda shit are other guitarists who play that kinda shit.

Back