Slap and a Red Card

Diving in soccer is irritating...but it hardly ruins the entire sport. Some of you yanks don't half talk shite tbh, they've got plenty of floppers in the NBA,
This didn't used to be true. Lebron ruined that, but it's still nowhere near the level of vaginitis I see in any soccer league, including the Premier League on the occasion I tune in, and the Premier League tends to be the roughest I've seen. Furthermore, we don't defend it. NBA fans have hounded and ridiculed both players and the league when incidents of blatant flopping have arisen.
hell I have even seen a few in the NFL.
Don't go full retard.

This didn't used to be true. Lebron ruined that, but it's still nowhere near the level of vaginitis I see in any soccer league, including the Premier League on the occasion I tune in, and the Premier League tends to be the roughest I've seen. Furthermore, we don't defend it. NBA fans have hounded and ridiculed both players and the league when incidents of blatant flopping have arisen.

And soccer fans don't defend it either, the fans obviously dislike diving, they complain about it, ridicule they players etc.

It's annoying how little physicality they allow in the game these days and how quick guys go down, but they way guys get on as if it ruins the entire sport is just daft. And I am not even a particularly big soccer fan.

Don't go full retard.

Speak for yourself, I have seen examples of diving in the NFL.

giphy.gif

kiqphxuic3irkx8p783g.gif

a.j.-hawk-flop-packers-flopper-football-flopping-gifs.gif

But that was tongue in cheek anyway.

Zlatan is one of the few A level athletes in this gay sport

A closed fist would have done horrific damage. Better and smarter to let them off with a stern slap

Also, ejections are much harsher in soccer. Leaving your team with 10 players is a huge handicap.

Then you get an automatic 1-game suspension even for a "regular" ejection. Anything more aggressive than that and you get several games.

Speak for yourself, I have seen examples of diving in the NFL.

giphy.gif

kiqphxuic3irkx8p783g.gif

a.j.-hawk-flop-packers-flopper-football-flopping-gifs.gif

But that was tongue in cheek anyway.
The best football flops that Google could produce in a pinch, and all three are individually more violent than 98% of global soccer.

You rest my case.

The best football flops that Google could produce in a pinch, and all three are individually more violent than 98% of global soccer.

You rest my case.

Well, yeah. Obviously American football is more violent than soccer, and obviously there are worse dives in soccer. That was tongue in cheek. Like I said.

Back