Skyrim Special Edition

I am now level 43 with my build looking Smithing(100) Alchemy(100) Enchanting(100) OneHand(85) Heavy Armor(76) Block(60)

So this is the armor I decided on using for my main armor right now. Its enchanted with +Health +Stamina Regen + One handed + Block and my jerwlery is all enchanted with Magic resistance. I made them by buffing my smithing with fortify smithing and using a foritfy enchanting potion. I am aware there is a exploit where you can get really really powerful armor by doing a glitch when fortify restoration but I didn't do that. This armor is exploit free but still pretty good. My visible armor rating is at 659 and my magic resisence is capped at 85. I also have the spellbreaker shield that protects me from most magic attacks in game. Speaking of this shield it took me so damn long to beat the boss who had it. My dps was not high enough to beat him the first time since he heals so I had to leave and level up and grab pots and come back and I beat him on like my last pot

pjgTxB2.jpg

5UF6KDN.jpg
This is lydia in full ebony armor with the same smithing and enchanting that I have on my armor
63syrIq.png
That's a badass armor. Is that a Stalrim heavy set? I never wore those but I have seen enemies with it. Also, the ebony armor of your follower is not quite normal it seems. It has been a while since I've seen a complete ebony set but this one seems custom. Is it? You were right not to use the Fortify Restoration glitch: it is useless for armor. The max armor rating you can get in Skyrim is 567, plus 100 bonus for wearing a complete set. You are very close to that cap with your normal armor, no need to cheat.

Dragons are a pain in the ass on legendary

They always love attacking me in a city or on an island so when they land they always land on top of a building or hover over you. So I had to use a bow and it takes like 30-45 mins on average to kill these fuckers.
One word: Dragonrend.

I never liked fighting the dragons in this game. They're so fucking tedious. Fly around, land for a few seconds, fly around some more. The only reason it takes so damn long to beat them, is because for 85% of the encounter, they're impossible to hit, unless you're a mage, or an archer, and even then they're a pain in the ass.

I hope in the next game, the big baddies are land based. Just take a cue from Fallout, and make some Deathclaw things, or some super powerful giant enemies. Can't stand the those damn dragons.
That is reason enough to progress the main quest to Partunax and learn Dragonrend before venturing forth on Legendary. I normally don't bother because I have a good bow and know how to use shouts properly. An easy-to-get shout like Marked for Death will cut the time it takes to kill a dragon in half! Also, don't be afraid to carry a ring, necklace and circlet of archery, just for dragons. They weight nothing and you don't need good armor when the Dragon is flying. If you have 4 pieces with 20% archery bonus each, your bow will do 80% more damage. Add Marked for Death to that and it will go fast, you'll see. Resist and absorb magic protects you from breathes too, keep that in mind.

Yeah out of like 100 hours between my 2 characters I haven't used a shout once lol

Yeah out of like 100 hours between my 2 characters I haven't used a shout once lol
That summon dragon shout you get from Dawnguard-questline is a boss. You get instant tank that summons 2 other undead warriors to act as additional tanks.

Although I understand, I don't know if I would be proud. It would be like a MW player bragging about never using the scope to aim or never snipe. Sure it must make the game much harder but why disregard such a crucial mechanic of the game?

Shouts are awesome. You can combine them for crazy results. You can accelerate the cooling time by 40% with an amulet of Talos and a shrine blessing. Add the Morokei mask and you now have 60% better cooldown.

So you enter combat, shout "Slow Time" and start bashing helpless enemies. By the time they're free from your shout, you can shout again! Let's go with "Elemental Fury" and finish them off! A fork and a knife should be enough at this point:

ScornfulCalculatingAttwatersprairiechicken.gif

Don't disregard Skyrim's possibilities: they are endless.

Finished the game and what to find some more adventures for your hero? Okay boys and girls time for some Skyrim Quest Mod reviews!

1. The Forgotten City by ModernStoryteller. This award winning mod is available of PC and Xbox. It is a fully voiced mod which is perfect for higher level characters as it relies more on using your mind then your sword arm. Multiple endings are possible and vastly affect what will be available to you after the story is done. An engrossing story, interesting characters, moral decisions and a unique game mechanic make this mod perhaps the best quest mod for Skyrim there is.

2. Falskaar by AlexanderJVelicky. This is an older mod that many maybe familiar with already. Available for PC and Xbox, this mod takes you to the island of Falskaar just off the coast of Skyrim. The island is large, as large as Solstheim, and has a fantastic design which makes it feel much larger yet. It is also beautiful as well. The story is engaging, but some of the elements don't make as much sense when played with a very powerful character, however. A modest player home is available, with it own little secrete. The mod is fully voiced, with good voice acting and fairly good dialog. In the end, Falskaar can feel like a home away from home.

3. The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal by MannyGT. This is the perfect mod of any thief character. Developed for higher level characters as a high skill level in sneaking and lock picking are required. It is fully voiced, however there are not many unique NPCs along the way. This does not take away from the straight of the mod with are it's puzzles and locations. You will travel to a forgotten section of the Alik'r desert in search of your prize. Along the way you must beware of trap, which are really deadly, and solve very clever puzzles. Not only is he back drop for this mod amazing, the new sound track ties it all together. Always think like a thief. This mod is available for PC and Xbox. The PC version on the Nexus does have high resolution patch available.

Although I understand, I don't know if I would be proud. It would be like a MW player bragging about never using the scope to aim or never snipe. Sure it must make the game much harder but why disregard such a crucial mechanic of the game?

Shouts are awesome. You can combine them for crazy results. You can accelerate the cooling time by 40% with an amulet of Talos and a shrine blessing. Add the Morokei mask and you now have 60% better cooldown.

So you enter combat, shout "Slow Time" and start bashing helpless enemies. By the time they're free from your shout, you can shout again! Let's go with "Elemental Fury" and finish them off! A fork and a knife should be enough at this point:

Don't disregard Skyrim's possibilities: they are endless.

The problem is that they lock all the shouts behind the main quest storyline

if I could just use shouts when I find them It would be a lot better

The problem is that they lock all the shouts behind the main quest storyline

if I could just use shouts when I find them It would be a lot better

I have a thief character that I'm role playing is not the Dragon Born. I don't use shouts. Sure it makes the game a little more difficult, but I also have never seen to the point of playing on Legendary Difficulty as it only adjusts the damages done. Without the shouts I have found that spells and the other powers your character can have become much more useful.

I have a thief character that I'm role playing is not the Dragon Born. I don't use shouts. Sure it makes the game a little more difficult, but I also have never seen to the point of playing on Legendary Difficulty as it only adjusts the damages done. Without the shouts I have found that spells and the other powers your character can have become much more useful.

I too have chosen to pass on the shouts. Loki's level 22 and still hasn't crossed his first dragon. In my role play Loki's been exiled by Thor. I suppose in time I'll start to care about shouts and pretend they're more so Loki's powers returning to him, but for now I have no desire for them,.

Another 100+ hours put in for me on my 2nd playthrough and i still havent even done Dragonborne, traveled to solitude, Dawnguard, Dark Sanctuary, find azuras star and more. Love this game. I love the fast load times the most! probably the fastest load times ever entering and exiting places. Even the fast travel is epic. I feel like increasing the difficulty to Legendary but i know i would get destroyed and I'm not at that level yet. I still struggle even sneaking and not getting caught.

Legendary is pretty easy once you level your character and get most of your skills and good armor

I am thinking about starting a new game and going solo archer/sneak/illusion/dagger type character

I feel like block is a wasted perk tree. If I was going to start my warrior again I would just go for duel wield

The early levels you are not blocking much at all cause your follower will be tanking for you and by the time you get your block skill at a decent level you will probably already have magic resistance capped out

Duel wield is probably the way to go for a warrior character

Just bought it for Xbox One. Pretty excited to be able to mod it on console finally. What do you all think are the best mods?

I too have chosen to pass on the shouts. Loki's level 22 and still hasn't crossed his first dragon. In my role play Loki's been exiled by Thor. I suppose in time I'll start to care about shouts and pretend they're more so Loki's powers returning to him, but for now I have no desire for them,.
I support that attitude entirely. I'm just pointing out that shouts are a crucial part of Skyrim's mechanic and a vital aspect of strategic fighting. If you want to ignore them and wander about, I have no problem but you can't ignore their impact. The game can be resumed in 3 Dragon Words: Fus-ro-da!

Another 100+ hours put in for me on my 2nd playthrough and i still havent even done Dragonborne, traveled to solitude, Dawnguard, Dark Sanctuary, find azuras star and more. Love this game. I love the fast load times the most! probably the fastest load times ever entering and exiting places. Even the fast travel is epic. I feel like increasing the difficulty to Legendary but i know i would get destroyed and I'm not at that level yet. I still struggle even sneaking and not getting caught.
It's a slow process but you get the hang of it in a few hours. My advice: use the difficulty slider plenty at first! Go into the dungeon at Legendary but lower it if you struggle too much. Qiucksave. See if you can find a good spot to bottle your opponent and finish him/them. Reload, slide it back to Legendary. See how it goes when you summon a Frost Atronach at the entrance of the tunnel and just pepper the enemies with arrows! That's one example of viable Legendary tactics: there are tons of them. For example:

I feel like block is a wasted perk tree. If I was going to start my warrior again I would just go for duel wield

The early levels you are not blocking much at all cause your follower will be tanking for you and by the time you get your block skill at a decent level you will probably already have magic resistance capped out

Duel wield is probably the way to go for a warrior character

Block can be useful. It only becomes really viable with the Ordinator: perks of Skyrim mod. If not, you are entirely right: dual wield is beast. My latest build is a werewolf so I tried the Moonlight mod. I decided to rely on vanilla perks to highlight the new werewolf perks. 100 in one-handed, specialized in dual wield. I rip flesh in Werewolf form but in human form, I only carry a knife and a fork. And Elemental Fury, of course! If the enemy is too stubborn to be eaten, I will summon a bound sword as "magic knife" and still use the fork to rip his flesh, on the off-hand!

At that point, I switch from Elemental Fury to any of the dozen shouts I prefer. Do I send them flying? Do I slow time, do I make it rain? (lol). It's a mess of crazy combinations! Use Talos as a guide, wear his amulet and shrine to carry your voice!

Tiber Septim will smile on you! And ask for your glorious recipes!
50916-1-1391909245.jpg

Miam, miam: giant meat. Knife and fork first, then turn into a werewolf for the mammoths!
r7qrk.jpg

Of course, I always post this one too for effect:

Last edited:
I support that attitude entirely. I'm just pointing out that shouts are a crucial part of Skyrim's mechanic and a vital aspect of strategic fighting. If you want to ignore them and wander about, I have no problem but you can't ignore their impact. The game can be resumed in 3 Dragon Words: Fus-ro-da!

The great thing about Skyrim is nothing, including Shouts, are vital. It all depends on your game play style.

Finished the game and what to find some more adventures for your hero? Okay boys and girls time for some Skyrim Quest Mod reviews!

1. The Forgotten City by ModernStoryteller. This award winning mod is available of PC and Xbox. It is a fully voiced mod which is perfect for higher level characters as it relies more on using your mind then your sword arm. Multiple endings are possible and vastly affect what will be available to you after the story is done. An engrossing story, interesting characters, moral decisions and a unique game mechanic make this mod perhaps the best quest mod for Skyrim there is.

2. Falskaar by AlexanderJVelicky. This is an older mod that many maybe familiar with already. Available for PC and Xbox, this mod takes you to the island of Falskaar just off the coast of Skyrim. The island is large, as large as Solstheim, and has a fantastic design which makes it feel much larger yet. It is also beautiful as well. The story is engaging, but some of the elements don't make as much sense when played with a very powerful character, however. A modest player home is available, with it own little secrete. The mod is fully voiced, with good voice acting and fairly good dialog. In the end, Falskaar can feel like a home away from home.

3. The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal by MannyGT. This is the perfect mod of any thief character. Developed for higher level characters as a high skill level in sneaking and lock picking are required. It is fully voiced, however there are not many unique NPCs along the way. This does not take away from the straight of the mod with are it's puzzles and locations. You will travel to a forgotten section of the Alik'r desert in search of your prize. Along the way you must beware of trap, which are really deadly, and solve very clever puzzles. Not only is he back drop for this mod amazing, the new sound track ties it all together. Always think like a thief. This mod is available for PC and Xbox. The PC version on the Nexus does have high resolution patch available.

For Forgotten City how high do you need. Is around level 45 enough?

Never played Dawnguard before the special edition, man the crossbow is epic. Love this add on so far.

Never played Dawnguard before the special edition, man the crossbow is epic. Love this add on so far.
Soul cairn says hi! Come back after a whole hour of aimless wandering and repeat that... Joking: Soul Cairn is not that bad but man are you gonna go in circle the first time!

latest

Look:
skyrim_cairname.jpg

Soul cairn says hi! Come back after a whole hour of aimless wandering and repeat that... Joking: Soul Cairn is not that bad but man are you gonna go in circle the first time!

latest

Look:
skyrim_cairname.jpg
Lol ouch, I'll try my best not to get lost. Also man grinding quests for that one chick was totally worth it, the enhanced dwarven crossbow is legit.

Back