Skyrim Special Edition

^ nice man you mastered this game haha.

on this second play i got an archer warrior type build, kind of stealth. I'm wearing Heavy Armor though. Should i do two handed or one handed and shield. I did one handed and shield last time but i like the two handed weapons better just to switch to and try and inflict major damage. O ya i did the trick with Faendeal on leveling up Archery ! haha

on this second play i got an archer warrior type build, kind of stealth. I'm wearing Heavy Armor though. Should i do two handed or one handed and shield. I did one handed and shield last time but i like the two handed weapons better just to switch to and try and inflict major damage. O ya i did the trick with Faendeal on leveling up Archery ! haha
I had to finish this build before going back on break!

If you go archer type, I advise you to pick two-handed. You will not need to fight and cast with that kind of build. Two-handed weapons mix well with bows because they both take dual hands. Just use buff and summon spells for support and disregard magika if you don't need it.

You shoot the enemy until he gets too close then you switch to your badass 2-hand weapon to finish the job. It's easy, immersive and doesn't need constant interruptions like a mage build. Perfect.

Use Volendrung if you want to preserve some stamina while using power attacks, it's good until mid / end game.

maxresdefault.jpg

Taarna has finally made it to the cistern. She has spoken with the face sculptor and opted for a return to her natural silver hair and lighter skin now that her identity has been revealed.

The naked warrior
29m14k8.jpg

She can dress up a little but never too much.
fc6540.jpg

When charging into battle, she immediately shouts.
14obtaf.jpg

She watches the skies for hostiles. All clear, just two birds to take down.
qqwb5j.jpg

She's not always angry. She can relax in good company.
2hgcubt.jpg

She will get naked and comfortable but never let her guard down.
2modph3.jpg

Don't you dare tell her to put some clothes on or question her motives.
rh48cj.jpg

There you have it: Taarna the Taarakian, build finished and ready to start venturing.
333v4ex.jpg

Quests incoming: All College quests, Elder Scroll, Dawnguard, Thief / Blade / Brotherhood, etc... Pretty much all the meat! I'll be back with updates now and then.

Nice. Have you worked on enchanting yet. Creating a ring and amulet with fortify two handed +25% and fortify archery +25% or + Magic Resistance is great.

Nice. Have you worked on enchanting yet. Creating a ring and amulet with fortify two handed +25% and fortify archery +25% or + Magic Resistance is great.
Yeah. I have experimented with that long ago, when I was testing the Restoration glitch. Seriously, Magic Resistance is not that good: it's much better to create 3 different items with a single resistance! For example 3 rings and 3 necklace: one of each resistance to use when needed. Since you're going to get the Atronach Stone, magic resist is secondary. Atronach Stone grants you Magic Absorb, a much better power than Magic Resist.

The Atronach Stone.
24bt1rp.jpg

Honestly, I'm using the Perk Ordinator mod for this build so enchanting is beastly. Once you reach Enchant lvl 100 you get access to the unique perk "Miracle", which grants you the power to create ONE item with 3 enchantments, all boosted.

Obviously, once you have created the "miracle", you can make Enchant Legendary and level it back up to level 100 to make one more item! I've done it once on my sword but I'm working back up to do it again on something else. Ordinator: Perks of Skyrim is one of the best mods to enjoy the game with a whole new perspective on perks investment and possible builds.

Taarna uses Perk Ordiator, Imperious Races (to make Redguard mighty) and Apocalypse Magic. That's it. Apocalypse Magic is for enemies to be more dangerous: Tarnaa is having too much fun without ever putting an armor on during Legendary play...

Yeah. I have experimented with that long ago, when I was testing the Restoration glitch. Seriously, Magic Resistance is not that good: it's much better to create 3 different items with a single resistance! For example 3 rings and 3 necklace: one of each resistance to use when needed. Since you're going to get the Atronach Stone, magic resist is secondary. Atronach Stone grants you Magic Absorb, a much better power than Magic Resist.

The Atronach Stone.
24bt1rp.jpg

Honestly, I'm using the Perk Ordinator mod for this build so enchanting is beastly. Once you reach Enchant lvl 100 you get access to the unique perk "Miracle", which grants you the power to create ONE item with 3 enchantments, all boosted.

Obviously, once you have created the "miracle", you can make Enchant Legendary and level it back up to level 100 to make one more item! I've done it once on my sword but I'm working back up to do it again on something else. Ordinator: Perks of Skyrim is one of the best mods to enjoy the game with a whole new perspective on perks investment and possible builds.

Taarna uses Perk Ordiator, Imperious Races (to make Redguard mighty) and Apocalypse Magic. That's it. Apocalypse Magic is for enemies to be more dangerous: Tarnaa is having too much fun without ever putting an armor on during Legendary play...

You are wrong about Magic Resistance not being good. Magic resistance covers all non-physical damage, so fire, cold, lighting, and dragon breath attacks. So using magic resistance you can easily get to the 85% reduction max, and not have to change items on the fly.

You are wrong about Magic Resistance not being good. Magic resistance covers all non-physical damage, so fire, cold, lighting, and dragon breath attacks. So using magic resistance you can easily get to the 85% reduction max, and not have to change items on the fly.
I admit I'm not a numbers guy. But the logic seems simple enough: with 50% Magic Resistance, you only take 50% of the damage from magic attacks. With 50% Magic Absorption, you have a 50% chance to absorb all of the damage from the spell. The damage is entirely negated and you absorb the magika of the spell. (I believe is the cost in magika but it could be damage).

So really, they overlap but they're two separate things. You can have both but on my end, I try to max absorb with the Atronach stone because I rarely play a Breton. Their power works for a minute every 24 hours while the stone is a standing power. I always carry 6 pieces of jewelery like I told you, it's a long time habit because I disregard magic resist entirely.

I admit I'm not a numbers guy. But the logic seems simple enough: with 50% Magic Resistance, you only take 50% of the damage from magic attacks. With 50% Magic Absorption, you have a 50% chance to absorb all of the damage from the spell. The damage is entirely negated and you absorb the magika of the spell. (I believe is the cost in magika but it could be damage).

So really, they overlap but they're two separate things. You can have both but on my end, I try to max absorb with the Atronach stone because I rarely play a Breton. Their power works for a minute every 24 hours while the stone is a standing power. I always carry 6 pieces of jewelery like I told you, it's a long time habit because I disregard magic resist entirely.

The game engine does not work that way. If you have 50% magic Resistance and 50% Magic Absorption and are hit with a 100 point magic attack you will take 25 damage and absorb 25 magicka. Resistance Resistance is checked first, so with 50% resistance it reduces that damage from 100 to 50. Next elemental resistance is check for if applicable. Finally magic absorption is calculated. Since you have 50% magic absorption you absorb 25 points and the remaining 25 is damage you take.

Magic absorption is not a chance to absorb the spell damage, it is a % of the damage that is always absorbed. As I said, magic resistance works for all non-physical damage in the game including all dragon breath attacks.

Here is my Nordic Dragonborn Character Ragnar, and his equipment.

20170118192350_1_zpsrhxzt3xf.jpg

20170118192404_1_zps1n6qlvht.jpg

20170118192412_1_zpsactk7qgv.jpg

20170118192415_1_zpslxzkzqdk.jpg

20170118192419_1_zps0ouhxsfy.jpg

20170118192423_1_zpswv29xg2j.jpg

20170118192426_1_zps3ow5c1vy.jpg

20170118192429_1_zpsnjlbiwc3.jpg

20170118192521_1_zpsdv5k44oy.jpg

Nice character, seems to be heavy on backstory! Very tanky build with a beastly armor class. I really devoted my last build on the nothingness of nakedness:

Hanging in the cold winter night.
dmtwd4.jpg

Nearly ready to go venture: bracers, boots and circlet. Longhammer ready.
2z6xr1w.jpg

Main Weapon
148i2ko.jpg

Alternate, for really dangerous foes
34e2oab.jpg

I have better stuff but I keep turning skills Legendary so it's hard to keep track of everything.
237cr7.jpg

im8ks2.jpg

n1dztd.jpg

bmad.jpg

Main skills
12496wi.jpg

Main perk of the build is playing 3rd person and follow the character closely...
t9fl13.jpg

I wonder if going double daggers would be viable for this kind of build. There are some nasty sneak perks for dagger users if you like to play stealthy.

I wonder if going double daggers would be viable for this kind of build. There are some nasty sneak perks for dagger users if you like to play stealthy.
Not only would it work perfectly, I'm testing it right now! If you have noticed in this pic, I have Dawnbreaker and the Notched Pickaxe in my inventory. They are my dual wielding weapons. They are puny but I go so fast, it's pointless. I also carry a legendary Iron Dagger with not enchantment for some testing.

34e2oab.jpg

I wanted to test Elemental Fury while dual-wielding the Pickaxe and Dagger. It's goes incredibly fast but the weapons are so weak, it still takes a whole minute to chop down a normal draugr. I will craft better weapons as soon as I have leveled smithing back up. Here's a last set of images featuring Taarna:

I never worry about bows and arrows because I always rely on Bound Bow:
713d50.jpg

And I always bring an Atronach with me to distract Dragons while I prepare my bow and ranged gear:
4tx2f8.jpg

I can always enjoy the view after the Dragon has been soul-absorbed:
149cq5e.jpg

So many great views in Skyrim.
2822mo9.jpg
That's my last week of Sryrim devotion, I'll be posting more rarely from now on. Keep the thread alive!

Meanwhile, I'm over here completely winging things with an insane amount of loot stored in my humble abode because I can't sell any of it fast enough with how little these merchants carry.

I stumble upon people that I can have follow me on my journies and I bring them home with me to give them the ultimate test to see if they can hang with what i'm packing. since i have so much booty about my house i just load them up with some cool gear i've found in my journies and let them go out in style. i say "go out" because they all end up dying at some point and i'm usually too impatient to search for where and how to get any of their inventory back.

i'm sporting some mask, the archmage robe, some dainty gloves and boots that make my guy look kind of queer as i build my legacy.

Not only would it work perfectly, I'm testing it right now! If you have noticed in this pic, I have Dawnbreaker and the Notched Pickaxe in my inventory. They are my dual wielding weapons. They are puny but I go so fast, it's pointless. I also carry a legendary Iron Dagger with not enchantment for some testing.

34e2oab.jpg

I wanted to test Elemental Fury while dual-wielding the Pickaxe and Dagger. It's goes incredibly fast but the weapons are so weak, it still takes a whole minute to chop down a normal draugr. I will craft better weapons as soon as I have leveled smithing back up. Here's a last set of images featuring Taarna:

I never worry about bows and arrows because I always rely on Bound Bow:
713d50.jpg

And I always bring an Atronach with me to distract Dragons while I prepare my bow and ranged gear:
4tx2f8.jpg

I can always enjoy the view after the Dragon has been soul-absorbed:
149cq5e.jpg

So many great views in Skyrim.
2822mo9.jpg
That's my last week of Sryrim devotion, I'll be posting more rarely from now on. Keep the thread alive!

How are you playing Skyrim on a N64?

How are you playing Skyrim on a N64?
I don't get it. Are you criticizing my graphic rendition? Me? The Computer I originally bought to play Vanilla Skyrim is not up to the task anymore?

O noes...
OHNOES.gif

The game engine does not work that way. If you have 50% magic Resistance and 50% Magic Absorption and are hit with a 100 point magic attack you will take 25 damage and absorb 25 magicka. Resistance Resistance is checked first, so with 50% resistance it reduces that damage from 100 to 50. Next elemental resistance is check for if applicable. Finally magic absorption is calculated. Since you have 50% magic absorption you absorb 25 points and the remaining 25 is damage you take.

Magic absorption is not a chance to absorb the spell damage, it is a % of the damage that is always absorbed. As I said, magic resistance works for all non-physical damage in the game including all dragon breath attacks.
I have researched your claim on many forums but most people agree to disagree. My own experience with a Breton Conjurer is what made me think Absorb Magic was so mighty. You see, when you play a Breton mage with the Atronach stone, you have very high magic absorb. It even works on your own spells if cast on you! Or cast just beside you: as a conjurer, I can't count the times I tried to summon an Atroncach and got the spell "absorbed" with no result. I lose no mana since I abosrb it but I sometimes have to re-cast the minion 3-4 time for it to finally appear!

I know I always post Fudgemuppet videos, they are my go-to for Skyrim knowledge. Here' their opinion: feel free to take a look at their channel content, subscribers and ask yourself how many messages the guys receive when they make a stupid mistake in their videos.

My name is gutter and I am addicted to killing bandits. I dont have a build because I have leveled so much I can do it all but I spose Im a ranger. I got a 2 hander and a bow that I mainly use. I recently became hip to a chest full of spells that I got from some bandit camp that let me cast fortify smithing enchanting and alchemy and I crafted some duper dragon scale armor and weapons. I woulda made the one that requires human hearts but I didnt have any on me at the time and didnt know it was an option.

The lost dungeons and extra bandit camps are awesome.

Also let me know if any of you guys have this problem . If I kill it I have to loot it. I will jump off a cliff it took me an hour to get up for an asshole I know has fur armor and a long bow on them.

My name is gutter and I am addicted to killing bandits. I dont have a build because I have leveled so much I can do it all but I spose Im a ranger. I got a 2 hander and a bow that I mainly use. I recently became hip to a chest full of spells that I got from some bandit camp that let me cast fortify smithing enchanting and alchemy and I crafted some duper dragon scale armor and weapons. I woulda made the one that requires human hearts but I didnt have any on me at the time and didnt know it was an option.

The lost dungeons and extra bandit camps are awesome.

Also let me know if any of you guys have this problem . If I kill it I have to loot it. I will jump off a cliff it took me an hour to get up for an asshole I know has fur armor and a long bow on them.
Solid post: it seems you have a problem but have taken the first step toward recovery! I have a remedy for your looting problem. Just choose the ritual stone and use it to reanimate surrounding dead bodies. Fast travel to town, the undead will follow you and die when you enter town. NOW is the time to loot and sell items while you're in town!

Seriously, that's A LOT of trouble for a fur armor you can craft yourself in Whiterun with basic leather and strips. Especially since the armor will sell for under 50 gold. Only loot items that are worth carrying: an Iron Armor worth 100 gold weights 30 pounds. That's unacceptable: aim for the minimum 1 to 1 ratio: only pick up stuff that is worth its weight, leave the rest behind.

As a Skyrim Apostle, my ratio has been all the way up to "only pick up gems and magic items worth in the thousands" for a long time now. If Skyrim money was real money, I'd be in the run for next POTUS...

I must finish the main story ASAP... at least...

Once March 3 hits... I think I won't be touching this game or any other game at all...

It will be Zelda 24/7!...

Solid post: it seems you have a problem but have taken the first step toward recovery! I have a remedy for your looting problem. Just choose the ritual stone and use it to reanimate surrounding dead bodies. Fast travel to town, the undead will follow you and die when you enter town. NOW is the time to loot and sell items while you're in town!

Seriously, that's A LOT of trouble for a fur armor you can craft yourself in Whiterun with basic leather and strips. Especially since the armor will sell for under 50 gold. Only loot items that are worth carrying: an Iron Armor worth 100 gold weights 30 pounds. That's unacceptable: aim for the minimum 1 to 1 ratio: only pick up stuff that is worth its weight, leave the rest behind.

As a Skyrim Apostle, my ratio has been all the way up to "only pick up gems and magic items worth in the thousands" for a long time now. If Skyrim money was real money, I'd be in the run for next POTUS...
0b6e0f8af295cb78847a32c5c4d43397.png

I have researched your claim on many forums but most people agree to disagree. My own experience with a Breton Conjurer is what made me think Absorb Magic was so mighty. You see, when you play a Breton mage with the Atronach stone, you have very high magic absorb. It even works on your own spells if cast on you! Or cast just beside you: as a conjurer, I can't count the times I tried to summon an Atroncach and got the spell "absorbed" with no result. I lose no mana since I abosrb it but I sometimes have to re-cast the minion 3-4 time for it to finally appear!

I know I always post Fudgemuppet videos, they are my go-to for Skyrim knowledge. Here' their opinion: feel free to take a look at their channel content, subscribers and ask yourself how many messages the guys receive when they make a stupid mistake in their videos.

Seems as if you are right. At some point the way spell absorption works looked like it changed.

With that being said I can see how spell absorption would be useful for a heavy magic user, if raised to 100%. However, being hit and miss if you are not a Breton and/or more of a melee fighter magic resistance I see as more useful.

Back