Skyrim Special Edition

here's an enchanting question...

assuming u have multiple enchanting potions.... there are necklaces and rings that fortify enchantment (I vaguely remember seeing one in my stash). disenchanting one would give you the ability to the ability to add fortify enchantment to items. Could you enchant some gear while under potion effect, wear them and then make some better with improved enchanting stats, repeat the looping process till you max out?... couldn't you do this with smithing too?

I haven't been making any gear or enchanting to much because I know how powerfully broken it can be but I am at the point where I am pretty damn overpowering so there's not point in holding back anymore...
That's the whole "crafting spree" I've been talking about in this thread. I've gone into detail on how to use it without breaking the game. Because that's just it: if you exploit the exploit, the game will not be fun anymore. Imagine smithing your armor after mixing that potion:

maxresdefault.jpg

You'd end up with ridiculous items that kill boss on Legendary with one shot. Imagine slaying Parthunax with one of these:

3WiccCi.jpg

It is impressing at first glance but novelty wears out in under an hour. I advise you to use the exploit but LIMIT yourself or else, you'll end up playing another game...

@WorldofWarcraft Just to add to that, it's always worth destroying an item to learn it's enchantment. Your skill in enchanting will go up and you can enchant mutliple items with the same enchantment to stack the effect. Maybe you've lost 30 carry weight with the boots, but you can probably get ~15 carry weight for another pair of boots, plus a ring and necklace for a total of 45 at a lower level with decent gems. The jewelry has small carry weight, so you can keep the carry weight accessories in your inventory and just equip them when you are close to load capacity. Eventually, your enchantment skill will get higher, so you can craft a new set for higher effects. Plus, carry weight is a fairly rare enchantment that adds more value to an item than other enchantments. Making rings and enchanting them with carry weight and petty gems is a good money maker early in the game and helps build 2 useful crafting skills.
Like I said to the other guy, there's a whole exploit based on what I call "crafting spree" and Fortify Restoration potions. It is not to be exploited too much or else, you'll ruin your fun. Here's a complete video turtorial with each step explained: Do not blame me if you ruin your game!

Last edited:
I figured as much. I will leave it alone this playthrough. I am already pretty strong as it is on normal mode. maybe on my next run when I bump up the difficulty level with a new character and start struggling...

awesome info and good to know.

I swear guys: these kind of situations might seem fun at first but it grows old really very fast:

ImpeccableWeepyDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

Don't go ruining an awesome game! If you use the crafting spree exploit, limit yourself of else...

Must be. That's what I call a giant Giant! Do we really need to ask how many arrows it took to bring it down?

I fired one off from there and then just ran up to him to inspect what the hell he was. He stood there looking down at me then stomped down and it kind of went right through me. It didn't seem like it was possible to actually harm it. Was cool to see though.

Anyone know what the best Thief Armor and bow is in the game?

I currently use a combo of Nightengale and Assasin armor with a crafted superior blood bow.

I swear guys: these kind of situations might seem fun at first but it grows old really very fast:

Don't go ruining an awesome game! If you use the crafting spree exploit, limit yourself of else...

Higher Level Enemies mod helps with that

I recently started the Dawnguard stuff. I am in the soul cairn. That is probably my least favorite part of the DLC. It just isn't very fun for some reason. But killing vampires is a lot of fun.

You really don't even need to exploit the game to get to the stage where you one shot a ton of shit.

I recently started the Dawnguard stuff. I am in the soul cairn. That is probably my least favorite part of the DLC. It just isn't very fun for some reason. But killing vampires is a lot of fun.
The first time I did Dawnguard it almost felt tacked on to me

The soul cairn does. I like the rest.
That's what I was trying to reference, the Soul Cairn. The rest of the DLC is awesome.

I need to get back to finishing off the DLC so the damn vampire attacks stop. I got distracted.. again....

You really don't even need to exploit the game to get to the stage where you one shot a ton of shit.
On Legendary? You are not one-shot-killing ANYTHING before you reach lvl 50+. I only play on Legendary so for me, one-shot-killing a Giant is a big deal. One-shot killing an army of Giants while easily taking their deadly maul attacks is not something you can ever do, even at lower difficulties. This is sure to happen if you try it:

RWv6NO.gif

Even a full drawn sneak bow attack will not get a Giant down before end game. With the "crafting spree" cheat, you can do it after 30 minutes of power leveling, never needing to power level again. Just craft 50 potions of restoration and use them to boost your measly crafting equipment: it should be enough to boost your gear without breaking the game.

If you craft Fortify Smithing and Fortify Enchant potions over that, all bets are off...

Funny story, I attacked a couple of giants with my mage and Mjoll. I was shooting some fireballs when Mjoll entered the Nord Space Program. I thought "Oh shit, did she died?". I finished off the giant, fast-waited for an hour and she came back. I love this game.

I currently use a combo of Nightengale and Assasin armor with a crafted superior blood bow.

I am about there as well. a mixture of those plus some glass armor depending on the situation. blood bow? how u get that? I've been using a special ebony bow I found and haven't made the upgrade yet but its coming.

I am about there as well. a mixture of those plus some glass armor depending on the situation. blood bow? how u get that? I've been using a special ebony bow I found and haven't made the upgrade yet but its coming.
I don't want to pound on the same nail all the time but there are NO best weapon in Skyrim: the best weapons are the ones you craft and enchant yourself. Most Unique weapons in Skyrim are meant for roleplay purposes, not damage. Some examples: wabbajack, blade of woe, nettlebane, etc. There are some very powerful weapons but most of the time, they are meant for a specific build.

The Longhammer is one of those:

latest

At first glance, it is not very good. But when you realize it can be enchanted over the unique power, it becomes really good. Not only that: since the unique power is not considered an enchantment, you can use Elemental Fury with it.

WebbedFatBug.gif

It becomes the fastest 2-hand weapon in Skyrim by a mile when you do that! The DPS is insane, better than any other except dual-wielded non-magical daggers with Elemental Fury. Better than a plain Deadric Warhammer, that's for sure.

I don't want to pound on the same nail all the time but there are NO best weapon in Skyrim: the best weapons are the ones you craft and enchant yourself. Most Unique weapons in Skyrim are meant for roleplay purposes, not damage. Some examples: wabbajack, blade of woe, nettlebane, etc. There are some very powerful weapons but most of the time, they are meant for a specific build.

The Longhammer is one of those:

latest

At first glance, it is not very good. But when you realize it can be enchanted over the unique power, it becomes really good. Not only that: since the unique power is not considered an enchantment, you can use Elemental Fury with it.

WebbedFatBug.gif

It becomes the fastest 2-hand weapon in Skyrim by a mile when you do that! The DPS is insane, better than any other except dual-wielded non-magical daggers with Elemental Fury. Better than a plain Deadric Warhammer, that's for sure.
Lol, I'll have to remember that. I started a 2H build for my new play through.

Lol, I'll have to remember that. I started a 2H build for my new play through.
Depending on your specific build, I would not recommend The Longhammer. It is specifically meant for a speed freak build and needs a big boost in stamina (like 60% stamina, 40% health, no magika). You must find a way to boost your health or else, you'll have to turn down the difficulty.

There is a cure though:
maxresdefault.jpg

It much better suited for normal 2-hand builds. You don't have to invest so much in stamina because of the power: you can go all-in with health and have a hammer-wielding tank of a character instead!

Much easier to manage and more fun for the adept player.

So I think I finished all the main quests . I did dawngaurd . Is there anything else worth doing . I'm level 46 or should I start a new game.

So I think I finished all the main quests . I did dawngaurd . Is there anything else worth doing . I'm level 46 or should I start a new game.
Look at the number of hours played. If it's anything under 100, you have barely touched the surface! There are hundreds of side quests in Skyrim: don't go restarting the main quest when you can explore new ones.

Try difficult quests like Meridia's beacon or Azura's star. If you're really game, try long quests like Stones of Barenziah and Return to your Roots. Come back in a week when you've done them all and I'll swing another handful in your direction!

Back