Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption are EXTREMELY OVERRATED!

TS has a 2006 account, but if I didn't see that join date I would assume that he was 14

It's interesting to see how our preferences give us different insights on the same things.

I thought both Skyrim and RDR were excellent. Evidently, TS did not have the same connection with those titles. Meanwhile, I didn't enjoy The Last of Us at all, but it was critically well-received by everyone else.

Well some people are smart and some are not. Some people would praise a movie that showed a butt farting for 2 hours. These are the people who don't like Skyrim and think Space Invaders was much deeper.

Well some people are smart and some are not. Some people would praise a movie that showed a butt farting for 2 hours. These are the people who don't like Skyrim and think Space Invaders was much deeper.
I don't think it's solely about intellect (though that could be a contributing factor), but it's probably more so about preferences.

I think some people are completely detached from high fantasy, and so playing the first hour of Skyrim has them completely bored because the story is not to their tastes. With TS, he seems to not care about environment and worldbuilding, so if he's already disconnected from story and atmosphere, then of course he's going to have the predisposed opinion of the game being "overrated." On top of that, TS doesn't appear to like westerns as well, so to him, RDR is also "overrated." So his opinion on these otherwise critically-acclaimed titles are based more so on his limited preferences than the actual quality of the games.

The first ten hours of The Witcher 3 were brutal to get through for me, but once I got into the story and saw the amazing choices / consequences system in action (on top of Gwent hooking me in more so), I was in hook, line, and sinker (even though Elder Scrolls has me burned out on fantasy). So if it isn't story that gets you, hopefully it will be environment, graphics, engine, or something else that does. But if you're so closedminded that you'll ignore all of the amazing aspects of modern-day games because your preferences are so restrictive, then my guess is there's not a lot that that person will actually enjoy.

I don't think it's solely about intellect (though that could be a contributing factor), but it's probably more so about preferences.

I think some people are completely detached from high fantasy, and so playing the first hour of Skyrim has them completely bored because the story is not to their tastes. With TS, he seems to not care about environment and worldbuilding, so if he's already disconnected from story and atmosphere, then of course he's going to have the predisposed opinion of the game being "overrated." On top of that, TS doesn't appear to like westerns as well, so to him, RDR is also "overrated." So his opinion on these otherwise critically-acclaimed titles are based more so on his limited preferences than the actual quality of the games.

The first ten hours of The Witcher 3 were brutal to get through for me, but once I got into the story and saw the amazing choices / consequences system in action (on top of Gwent hooking me in more so), I was in hook, line, and sinker (even though Elder Scrolls has me burned out on fantasy). So if it isn't story that gets you, hopefully it will be environment, graphics, engine, or something else that does. But if you're so closedminded that you'll ignore all of the amazing aspects of modern-day games because your preferences are so restrictive, then my guess is there's not a lot that that person will actually enjoy.

I understand your argument if you are talking about enjoyment. How much someone enjoys Skyrim vs Space invaders. I get that. But for people to not recognize the accomplishment of Skyrim is absurd and they are dumb. I don't need to like Classical music and listen to it everyday to look at Mozart or Beethoven and realize there is something special there. They are either dumb or a contrarian jerk off to not see one of the greatest games of all time. At least imo

TS has a 2006 account, but if I didn't see that join date I would assume that he was 14

Cmon, one of my favorites listed was released in 1988.

I'm not a story driven gamer, I don't really care why I have to do something, I just want to do stuff. I really don't care about visual effects, or storyline. I want fun mechanics and I want to be physically doing something skill-based most of the time. I've known this for a long time so I don't know why I expected anything different out of these two games but I suppose after how hyped they were I was expecting a bit more. I realize I'm in the minority these days and people are very into the story-driven games.

You may think they're shit games but that's your opinion.

It's a fact you're a shit tier poster.

I agree. Both games are boring.RDR was pretty good for a few hours and then it just felt like the same thing over and over again.

Back