Six Degrees (or less) Of Separation music game.

Sanshou Kid

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I thought this could be a fun thread for here.

For those who haven't played it before (which is possible), six degrees of separation is where you try and connect one person or thing to another in as few steps as possible. The most famous incarnation is probably the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon version.

So anyway, I thought I would start with one, then suggest one, which the next poster does, then they suggest one and, so on and so on.

Doesn't have to be by band, can be by song or soundtrack too, if it opens up possibilities.

So, to begin: Pete Way to Ronnie James Dio.

Pete Way was in UFO with Michael Schenker, who was in The Michael Schenker Group with Graham Bonnet, who was in Rainbow with Cozy Powell, who was in Black Sabbath with Tony Iommi, who was in Heaven and Hell with.... Ronnie James Dio.

Next one:

Michael Jackson to Joe Satriani

Michael Jackson's "Beat It" featured Eddie Van Halen.

Eddie Van Halen collaborated with Steve Lukather, who also played rhythm on "Beat It."

Steve Lukather collaborated with Steve Vai for his Santamental project.

Steve Vai was taught by, and has played in G3 with Joe Satriani.

That's less than 6 degrees.

Michael Jackson's "Beat It" featured Eddie Van Halen.

Eddie Van Halen collaborated with Steve Lukather, who also played rhythm on "Beat It."

Steve Lukather collaborated with Steve Vai for his Santamental project.

Steve Vai was taught by, and has played in G3 with Joe Satriani.

That's less than 6 degrees.

Nicely done, different to what I thought would come up. I went with: Michael Jackson did Beat It which featured EVH, who was in Van Halen with Sammy Hagar, who was in Chickenfoot with Joe Satriani.

Wanna suggest the next one?

I thought this could be a fun thread for here.

For those who haven't played it before (which is possible), six degrees of separation is where you try and connect one person or thing to another in as few steps as possible. The most famous incarnation is probably the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon version.

So anyway, I thought I would start with one, then suggest one, which the next poster does, then they suggest one and, so on and so on.

Doesn't have to be by band, can be by song or soundtrack too, if it opens up possibilities.

So, to begin: Pete Way to Ronnie James Dio.

Pete Way was in UFO with Michael Schenker, who was in The Michael Schenker Group with Graham Bonnet, who was in Rainbow with Cozy Powell, who was in Black Sabbath with Tony Iommi, who was in Heaven and Hell with.... Ronnie James Dio.

Next one:

Michael Jackson to Joe Satriani
I only count 5 degrees of separation

Nicely done, different to what I thought would come up. I went with: Michael Jackson did Beat It which featured EVH, who was in Van Halen with Sammy Hagar, who was in Chickenfoot with Joe Satriani.

Wanna suggest the next one?

Ozzy Osbourne to Flava Flav

Here is a hint:

BASS! How low can you go?
Sorry man. I'm not good at this kind of thing. OK...Beethoven - Vanilla Ice. Beethoven liked to eat meatloaf. Meat Loaf called Slipknot the Beethoven of Metal...see, I'm already fucking it up.

Last edited:
Back