Sittichai vs Petrosyan

J

Julius_Caesar

Last Saturday Sittichai put on a great performance against a solid southpaw Dylan Salvador who is probably no 3 best southpaw at that weight behind Petrosyan and Yodsanklai. It was competitive but I still had Sittichai ahead until the stoppage. Based off this fight and how sittichai handled a southpaw how do some of you see the sittichai vs petrosyan match up at the moment? And who do you think has the advantage in both a 5 round and 3 round fight?

Sittichai has improved a lot over the last few years especially his boxing but I'm still not sure who would win between these 2. This year is the best time to make this fight happen. Any longer and I feel sittichai may have the advantage.

Here are 2 examples of both fighters facing decent southpaws. I think one of the important factors in this fight is how they will handle each others southpaw style.

Both HD versions:

Sittichai vs Salvador

Petrosyan vs Enriko Kehl (Petro's 2nd fight after a long lay off)

It's the fight to make and its a toss up with Sittichai having the advantage due to his competitive activity as of late. Probably won't happen tho because we always get screwed out of these kind of fights.

Not hard to imagine Buakaw beating them both even at this point.

I don't think Petro will take the fight. He doesn't seem interested in fighting the best anymore. Not holding my breath for this one.

Not hard to imagine Buakaw beating them both even at this point.
Of course its not hard to imagine. Buakaw even at his age is better than most kickboxers today but at this point of Buakaws career I doubt he could beat sittichai, yodsanklai or petrosyan. Not in kickboxing anyway. Last southpaw Buakaw fought was Salvador who gave him a good fight under muaythai rules.

I don't think Petro will take the fight. He doesn't seem interested in fighting the best anymore. Not holding my breath for this one.
I still think he may take the sittichai fight but probably a 3 round fight. Not 5. He definitely wont fight in kunlun tho. Too many dangers.

Of course its not hard to imagine. Buakaw even at his age is better than most kickboxers today but at this point of Buakaws career I doubt he could beat sittichai, yodsanklai or petrosyan. Not in kickboxing anyway. Last southpaw Buakaw fought was Salvador who gave him a good fight under muaythai rules.
I thought the Salvador fight looked easy for Buakaw, don't think that's an indication of how he'd handle the top 5 70 kg tho. He can still give anyone a good fight even in his current state.

Was a clear win but I don't think he got owned.
In muay thai, when you have no effective offence of your own and spend the whole fight getting hit with long knees and bullied in the clinch, that's getting owned. Salvador's entire offence in that fight consisted of a sweep in the second round, that's it.

Was a clear win but I don't think he got owned.
First 3 rounds of Sittichais fight were competitive. Buakaw humiliated Salvador all rounds. I think it would have looked the same in kickboxing (depending on the referee).

Talking about Yodsanklai. he looked unbalanced every time he threw a kick in his last fight. According to oyvindt yodsanklai said it was just part of strategy... doesn't make sense.

I hope i'm wrong but i'd probably bet my money on someone like Victor nagbe if they fought again at this point.

First 3 rounds of Sittichais fight were competitive. Buakaw humiliated Salvador all rounds. I think it would have looked the same in kickboxing (depending on the referee).
Competing in kickboxing and competing in MuayThai is very different especially for a Thai. A lot more different then it seems. A good example is to watch Buakaws fight against Enriko Kehl under mt and then watch their fight a year later under K1.

Just because Buakaw had a clearer win against Salvador under a different rule set doesn't effect how I compare sittichai with buakaw.

How many southpaws has petro fought against? 2 of petpanomrungs 4 kb fights have been against southpaws already.....

Competing in kickboxing and competing in MuayThai is very different especially for a Thai. A lot more different then it seems. A good example is to watch Buakaws fight against Enriko Kehl under mt and then watch their fight a year later under K1.

Just because Buakaw had a clearer win against Salvador under a different rule set doesn't effect how I compare sittichai with buakaw.
Yeah go back and watch buakaw muay thai fights in that same period. His performances weren't very good at that time.

Muay Thai is different from KB yeah but i don't see how Buakaw benefited greatly from it being muay thai rules. He didn't clinch alot nor throw alot of elbows. Buakaw is alot more experienced in KB than Salvador anyway

Last edited:

buakaw in that kb fight was so scared of kheln he literally cried during the first brake....just kidding he knew he was going to lose for a week at that point so even if i understand what you mean considering the circumstances it's not a fair comparison.

i was very disappointed in buakaw's fight at first because i thought salvador wasn't delivering,then i remembered buakaw can still be buakaw and he blocked all his action...salvador got owned as a matter of fact.

buakaw right now could still give yod sit and petro a hard time but leg injury + age are just too much. I'd see a more possible win over yod and sittichai than petro.
i'd rather see him lose vs one of them and giving a hell of a fight than another chinese nobody not even chinese give a shit about..

i was very disappointed in buakaw's fight at first because i thought salvador wasn't delivering,then i remembered buakaw can still be buakaw and he blocked all his action...salvador got owned as a matter of fact.

buakaw right now could still give yod sit and petro a hard time but leg injury + age are just too much. I'd see a more possible win over yod and sittichai than petro.
i'd rather see him lose vs one of them and giving a hell of a fight than another chinese nobody not even chinese give a shit about..
What is his injury?

in may 2015 there was something wrong with his leg i don't know the specific but it's not related to the old injury in 2008. he often wears heavy bandages and tutors in his knee and ankle right leg.
even when he lost to khayal there's a video backstage where he hold his lower knee in pain, after that things got way better but still...

Back