Sitsongpeenong (Phuket), Rattachai or Sinbi?

Hatake88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm currently planning my second trip to Thailand for 3 weeks. In terms of goals, here is how I'd order mine:

1. technique improvement;

2. prepping for another (potential) amateur fight (I am also open to having a fight there if time permits); and

3. a little r & r (beaches, night markets, immersing in local culture- not clubbing/ladyboys per say).
After much researching, and based on the above goals, I think I will go to Sitsongpeenong, Rattachai or Sinbi. I am choosing to go to Phuket due to the r & r aspect and because air tickets are $500 cheaper where I am (so please no recommendations to Bangkok).

Has anyone been to either of these three gyms and, if so, how did you find them?

To me:

• Sitsongpeenong seems to offer the most serious training with very talented fighters living onsite there but I am afraid there isn't much social life/exploring to do given its rather remote location;

• Rattachai has a very talented team of trainers (including Namsaknoi - one of my fav fighters) and it is on "fight street" (tons to do) but - based on what I can see on social media - most of the students seem to be at the beginner to intermediate level;

• Sinbi has good trainers and is close to the beach but I heard high season is crazy for them (they split the classes into two) and I want as much trainer attention as possible.
Can anyone confirm/deny the above? Which one will you choose?

I trained at sitsongpeenong, clean gym , solid training ( expect about 5 to 6hrs x day - split in two sessions ) great fight team but most Swedish or European which are not exactly sociable ha ha . The location is great at the nicer beaches of the island ( comes with an extra cost ) check out 6th ave surin for aribnb it hotel , it’s great place and cheap with nice rooftop pool and 5 star services

Fighter training is different and they will make it very very challenging . Thais don’t mess around , if you pick a fight in bangla or patong stadium you’ll be matched up against another foreigner most likely. Have fun !

I had a one hour session at Sitsongpeenong just for fun, Sagadphet the head trainer took me. He was very patient with me (a complete novice) but worked me hard just the same. You're right in that it's kind of isolated, might be a good thing if you're there to train seriously though. It was just near the Outrigger Resort where I was staying for a work conference which is why i went there.

The other people there seemed pretty serious and mainly European, there was no chit chat or friendly stuff that's for sure.

i would choose rattachai simply because of namsaknoi.

From 18th December until 12th January the 5-Star Muay Thai team from Stockholm will be at Sinbi, so that's even more coaches and sparring partners there during that time.

Sinbi just moved to their new gym location. Its supposed to be pretty nice.

Bumping the thread, because i'm in a similar situation as the OP, have heard different things about the different camps and Currently torn between the three. Staying in Phuket for only a week to acclimatize and take a little vacation before I get to the hardcore training up north. Looking for quality training, with the ability to socialize lol, so looking for more opinions.

Rattachai for me, was out there last year for a few weeks and was amazing. They have fighters fighting out of the gym, when I was there I was training with a brazilian guy Renato who was a regular on max muay thai, fighting at 75kg. They also have a stream of international fighters both male and female. They ask you exactly what you are looking for when you arrive and you will be worked to that level.

The addition of Namsaknoi can only add to an already superb camp.

Back