Site is less responsive - more ads?

beezlebub

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I've noticed in the past few days, possibly even last few weeks the website takes much longer to load that it used to.

Sometimes the page simply doesn't load and I get an endless loading loop, feels to me like it's trying to access/load something first before the rest of the page content is loaded.

It's becoming frustrating and making me use www.sherdog.com less as it simply isn't as consistent as before. I have attempted this at different locations and IP addresses with fiber connection so my internet or device is not the issue here.

Are all these new forms of advertising I'm noticing on the site the cause of this?

Just 10 minutes ago I went to read a page and HUGE ad just appeared showing a trailer of Lion, the X button to close the ad did nothing. The pause button on the trailer did nothing. I simply couldn't close the ad, even after it finished playing the trailer. Another banner ad also popped up at the bottom of the window, on top of the trailer. This form of advertising is far too intrusive and is ruining the user experience.

sherdog.png

Yeah, that Lion shit even goes through adblock somehow. And I couldn't even click any links on the main page.

I've had no problems on my phone but i just use the forum only.

Shouldn't have said that

Getting redirected to some x rated website o_O

For me the site bogs down when a hundred people post Instagram and Twitter shit, that takes forever to load

I've had no problems on my phone but i just use the forum only.
Lucky you. I only see this on my iPhone. My iPhone siezes up on occasion , or I get rapid fire pop ups / redirects.

Back