Singer/Guitarists have it rough

I play bass in a band but since it's my band I made bass one of the primary Melody instruments like you find in some reagee. Still for a lot of our stuff it's like you say.

Yup, bass players get very little love. They’re the center in football. No one gives a fuck but without that piece there is no “game”

They’re like movie editors. No one gives a fuck about them, no one even mentions them but for the most part they can make or break an entire film

i believe Robby's mike was turned off. lol
yeah Levon Helm said that whole The Last Waltz was pretty much Robbie and Martin Scorsese trying to showcase Robbie above the other members. They even avoided showing Richard Manuel & Garth Hudson in favor of Robbie and guest like Bob Dylan like during The Shape I'm In when Hudson is doing his solo they focus on Robbie.

While neither guitarist you mentioned is any good(by all means clapton shits on Kurt) if you could find me someone who could do vocals and play like Lucas Mann, Tosin abasi, Charles Caswell, Myles Baker, Angel Vivaldi, Yo Onityan, etc id shit myself but these are some of the best guitarist in the metal genre right now and i dont expect that but if someone wants to look these are some examples

I remember back in the day everyone thought this solo was fake. Dude is literally like Skwisgaar from Deathklok.

Guys like Dave Mustaine and Devin Townsend have it extra difficult given the intricacies of their guitar playing.
I think the toughest is singer/drummers, there are very few, but man that must be rough. Like Mickey Dolenz, sure The Monkees didn't have difficult drumming arrangements but that had to be tough.

Nah, he wasnt. I was a fan of the talented seattle bands. Soundgarden, pearl Jam and Alice in chains made Nirvana seem like a jr high talent show band. Sorry you have shitty taste in music.

in terms of playing instruments and writing more technical songs, those bands weren't that much better. songwriting to me is a tricky thing. a technical song that is written well can sound like absolute shit, if you have shit riffs and melodies, and they're not arranged properly, or at least in a catchy and memorable way. am a fan of all those bands, and nirvana, by the way.

While neither guitarist you mentioned is any good(by all means clapton shits on Kurt) if you could find me someone who could do vocals and play like Lucas Mann, Tosin abasi, Charles Caswell, Myles Baker, Angel Vivaldi, Yo Onityan, etc id shit myself but these are some of the best guitarist in the metal genre right now and i dont expect that but if someone wants to look these are some examples

I remember back in the day everyone thought this solo was fake. Dude is literally like Skwisgaar from Deathklok.

Clapton isn't good? are you mentally challenged?

Clapton isn't good? are you mentally challenged?

No need to get your panties in a bundle and tell me about your mental challenges.
I said he was better then Kurt didnt I?
As Yngwie Malmsteen has stated Clapton is a good rock guitarist but is overrated.
(and Yes Yngwie has to have the shittest/cockiest personality ever but hes from around the same era as Clapton and clearly outplays him. Its a reason he hasnt been invited to play G3 with some of the best of that era...(Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, or Steve Vai)

Last edited:
Singing and playing vocally challenging songs is pretty hard.

I used to sing and play "birth ritual" "spoon man" but lost an entire octave 5 years ago and it's slowly coming back.

I doubt I will be able to sing that scream at the beginning of "monkey business" with the same texture as Sebastian Bach again but I can do it clean without going falsetto but it's all about singing it in full voice with that grit.......and vibrato.

No need to get your panties in a bundle and tell me about your mental challenges.
I said he was better then Kurt didnt I?
As Yngwie Malmsteen has stated Clapton is a good rock guitarist but is overrated.
(and Yes Yngwie has to have the shittest/cockiest personality ever but hes from around the same era as Clapton and clearly outplays him. Its a reason he hasnt been invited to play G3 with some of the best of that era...(Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, or Steve Vai)

Yngwie Malmsteen the douche who made a whole career out of talking shit about other players

Yup, bass players get very little love. They’re the center in football. No one gives a fuck but without that piece there is no “game”

They’re like movie editors. No one gives a fuck about them, no one even mentions them but for the most part they can make or break an entire film

It's funny when a bass player plays a solo, everyone says it's awesome but it's what they've been playing the whole time anyway ha ha

Yngwie Malmsteen the douche who made a whole career out of talking shit about other players
yep super douchey person as i said, but man can he play. He reminds me of a modern day Lucas Mann, wont even play his own shows LMFAO thats pathetic.

Back