Since when was GSP a small Welterweight?

GSP always carried a lot of muscle on his frame when he was at his heaviest. Dude had some monster legs.

He could likely made 155 if he lost about 15 pounds of muscle, which would have been doable I think.
He would definitely have to lose some muscle, easily doable, since he had to bulk up as much as possible to get to his current weight and he used to be much smaller.

For a Conor fight, he will make 155, no matter what! Other than Conor, he won't waste his time cutting to 155...his natural weight is WW, and he should just concentrate on huge paydays and stay there...However, I do think he can wrestle fuck the shit out of Bisping.

Noone in their fucking mind would take this seriously if they followed MMA when GSP was fighting
Sorry, you are just ignorant. I remember back in 2009 them talking about LW. The problem was there was not much in the way of fights for him.

In that 2010 article he says he's 189/190.

“Right now, I’m about 189/190 and there was a time when I fought Thiago (Alves) like a year ago, I was lighter I was like 184 ..."

So he was 184 in mid-2009, 189/190 in late 2010.

Good references though, and I'm with you. If a guy like RDA walked around 195 in 2015 while he was beasting at LW, GSP can make it.

You can disagree, I sourced it. Alves was 13lbs bigger iirc. Almost a whole weight class.

It's the blatant GSP hate on Sherdog that makes people stupid. While you can't say 100% for sure, the evidence points to GSP can make 155.

This. GSP has always been an average WW. Then came up monsters like Alves and **drumroll** Anthony Johnson. In terms of size, he is closer to LW then MW. I remember seeing a picture of him beside Anderson Silva. I knew right away that fight would never happen.

In that 2010 article he says he's 189/190.

“Right now, I’m about 189/190 and there was a time when I fought Thiago (Alves) like a year ago, I was lighter I was like 184 ..."

So he was 184 in mid-2009, 189/190 in late 2010.

Good references though, and I'm with you. If a guy like RDA walked around 195 in 2015 while he was beasting at LW, GSP can make it.
That was when he was trying to bulk up, he got up to 194 for the Shields fight in 2011. He was 189 for the fight prior against Koscheck in late 2010. After Shields he went back to 185-187. You are right though, the article was 2010 and the fight when he was 184 was 2009.

Sorry, you are just ignorant. I remember back in 2009 them talking about LW. The problem was there was not much in the way of fights for him.

Yes, I think you forgot them talking about having to cut off one of his legs to do that though

Everyone keeps saying he could make 155, himself included. Has GSP ever been a small Welterweight? He also wants to go up to 185 tonight bisping or maybe Anderson Silva. Wouldn't he give up a size advantage?.View attachment 202039 View attachment 202041

When he first started at WW he was making his cut from the low 180s...

Later on he was flirting with 190.

This was all pre USADA so whatever...

He is an average sized WW. Maybe on the small side due to his height.

It's never bene said that he's asmall ww and he's said himself it's impossible for him to ever come even close to 155. Any talk of it is from retards who don't follow mma or have recently hit puberty so the don't even know.

Yes, I think you forgot them talking about having to cut off one of his legs to do that though
You mean when he was in the 170's walk around weight? You do realize LW fighters today walk as high as the mid 190s right? And all of the big LW fighters today walk around the same size as GSP does and they lose weight for the fight, like GSP could.

I sourced it, have fun being ignorant and wrong.

It's never bene said that he's asmall ww and he's said himself it's impossible for him to ever come even close to 155. Any talk of it is from retards who don't follow mma or have recently hit puberty so the don't even know.
I already sourced him and Firas both saying he can make 155, as well as Stephen Thompson saying it.

What now moron?

June 2016
"If I wanted to, I could fight at lightweight as well. Easy. Easy," St-Pierre said Monday on The MMA Hour.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/2...s-he-could-easily-fight-at-lightweight-in-ufc

How do you fools stay so ignorant?

"I'm not a big welterweight," St-Pierre said. "I walk around 187 (pounds). I'm 186, 187 when I wake up in the morning, and I could easily make it (with) a diet, because a lot of lightweights are bigger than me. Welterweight, I don't even talk about it because most of them are bigger than me, of course, and middleweight, they're much bigger than me. But it's not really about size. It's about skills."

Massive .. as in .. who did he fight where you can source a weight that is less than GSP's?

I would just be guessing but BJ and Sherk would be the only ones who may have been a little smaller and both of them were able to cut to 155. Other than those guys I would say you are right. GSP is not one of the bigger ww fighters out there, good muscle mass on a slight frame. Take Lombard and Johny both fighting tomorrow at 185, both have fought at 70 and both would be heavier than GSP on fight night. I agree with you on this one.

LMAO sourcing GSP as a source.

I'm sure he think he can. He believes in lots of things too.
Someone said GSP says he can't do it ... I source GSP saying he can do it .. you move the goalposts.

Already quoted Zahabi saying GSP can definitely do it.

Why bother asking the people who know when we have you though.

I would just be guessing but BJ and Sherk would be the only ones who may have been a little smaller and both of them were able to cut to 155. Other than those guys I would say you are right. GSP is not one of the bigger ww fighters out there, good muscle mass on a slight frame. Take Lombard and Johny both fighting tomorrow at 185, both have fought at 70 and both would be heavier than GSP on fight night. I agree with you on this one.
Nothing there to argue with.

He was huge back in the days when Hughes and Trigg were top WWs. The only guys who were bigger then were probably Joe Riggs and Mayhem when he cut down, then eventually guys like Fitch came along who were around his size or a little bigger, now he's probably average sized.

He was huge back in the days when Hughes and Trigg were top WWs. The only guys who were bigger then were probably Joe Riggs and Mayhem when he cut down, then eventually guys like Fitch came along who were around his size or a little bigger, now he's probably average sized.
Already sourced that is false. He was small, always. I didn't claim it, I sourced and proved it.

Back