Since when was GSP a small Welterweight?

Dridemma

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying he could make 155, himself included. Has GSP ever been a small Welterweight? He also wants to go up to 185 tonight bisping or maybe Anderson Silva. Wouldn't he give up a size advantage?.images-27.jpg 043_georges_st-pierre_and_nick_diaz_gallery_post.0.jpg

Attachments

• Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks-UFC-167w_9350.jpg
    Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks-UFC-167w_9350.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 15
He's not a small WW.
Sure he's 5'9-5'10, but he's solid. People make it seem like him being at WW is like Frankie Edgar at WW. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would like to see GSP at MW though.

Since always. He was ~180lbs in 2009 when he beat BJ 2nd time. He was 185-187 after that minus the Shields fight where he got up to 194 and could not maintain it and was only 191 on fight night. He went back to 185 after that.

He was smaller than every single WW fighter he fought, every single one.

since it fit some random shertard's agenda.
You mean when Firas in 2011 said they wanted him to fight at 155 until Frankie got the belt?
Or When Stephen Thompson said GSP could make waves at 155 last year?

Don't post when you are ignorant.

Since weight cutting evolved (the most valid use of "evolution" among the MMA fanbase).

gsp being a huge ww was always a myth, hes 185-192 max, there are tons of guys at lightweight 190-200. he just doesnt cut huge amounts of weight. he could make lightweight no problem

Everyone keeps saying he could make 155, himself included. Has GSP ever been a small Welterweight? He also wants to go up to 185 tonight bisping or maybe Anderson Silva. Wouldn't he give up a size advantage?.View attachment 202039 View attachment 202041

Insane, delusional people would say that, or never followed GSP's career.

GSP is a big welterweight. Oh, I think GSP might think he is a small welterweight though. I think he somehow want to think he's Fedor or something and fight bigger opponents

GSP walked around at 185 to 190 when he was fighting. WW was comfortable. I think he is too short (5-9 or 5-10) to stay at 185 permanently. He would be giving up a lot of weight and reach to guys like Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, Souza, etc. It's one thing to take a one time payday against Bisping at 185, its a bad idea to stay permanently at 185 given the size/height/reach disadvantage. I don't think GSP could get to 155, but I think he could do a catch weight at 160 or 162 if Conor and GSP want to do a money fight.

He used to be massive WW. The biggest in the division.

Then guys started cutting even more weight than he did, and now he's a small WW.

You mean when Firas in 2011 said they wanted him to fight at 155 until Frankie got the belt?
Or When Stephen Thompson said GSP could make waves at 155 last year?

Don't post when you are ignorant.

Don't be ignorant and invest all your belief in third party commentary.

You ever see GSP make 155?

I didn't fucking think so.

Insane, delusional people would say that, or never followed GSP's career.

GSP is a big welterweight. Oh, I think GSP might think he is a small welterweight though. I think he somehow want to think he's Fedor or something and fight bigger opponents
So fighters who train with him are delusional and don't know him? His opponents being 10-15lbs bigger than him on fight night AFTER he bulked up makes GSP big?

Serious amounts of ignorance.

Don't be ignorant and invest all your belief in third party commentary.

You ever see GSP make 155?

I didn't fucking think so.
I never saw Edgar make 145 before he attempted it. Are you suggesting that is impossible .. even though it happened?

GSP walked around at 185 to 190 when he was fighting. WW was comfortable. I think he is too short (5-9 or 5-10) to stay at 185 permanently. He would be giving up a lot of weight and reach to guys like Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, Souza, etc. It's one thing to take a one time payday against Bisping at 185, its a bad idea to stay permanently at 185 given the size/height/reach disadvantage. I don't think GSP could get to 155, but I think he could do a catch weight at 160 or 162 if Conor and GSP want to do a money fight.
GSP's reach is 4" longer than Jacares and 3' longer than Romero's. Just 1" shorter than Luke Rockhold's. If you believe the reach stats, that is. Which you're dumb if you do.

He used to be massive WW. The biggest in the division.

Then guys started cutting even more weight than he did, and now he's a small WW.
Massive .. as in .. who did he fight where you can source a weight that is less than GSP's?

Since always. He was ~180lbs in 2009 when he beat BJ 2nd time. He was 185-187 after that minus the Shields fight where he got up to 194 and could not maintain it and was only 191 on fight night. He went back to 185 after that.

He was smaller than every single WW fighter he fought, every single one.
I mean this seems about right...but how the hell are you so precise when fight night weight never released? Nice story though.

I never saw Edgar make 145 before he attempted it. Are you suggesting that is impossible .. even though it happened?
I'm not talking about Edgar, in case you missed that.

You seemed to insist GSP is a man who can make 155 because two guys SAID he could.

Come on dude, use some common sense.

Back