Since when America protects Europe???

340.jpg
Not enough dead russo-raptors.

And pretty much all of eastern europe, including the german holocaust.

Do you think confronting Stalin on the fate of East would have led to war with the Soviets or do you think he would have backed down? I think Churchill's plan was called "Operation Unthinkable" for dealing with Soviet aggression in Eastern Europe. I am not sure there was the political will to go into another conflict right away with what was a former ally against Hitler but I could be wrong.

On the German Holocaust, is there away it could have been dealt with. The Western Allies moved quite rapidly across France and into Russia after Overlord. I just don't know if they could have gotten into position to do anything about it sooner.

This thread is proof that just because someone doesn't know how something works, there is absolutely no linkage to whether or not the thing works.

Oh, look! The thread is derailing again into how important the USSR's contributions vs the US's contributions were to WWII. Haven't seen that this week!

Do you think confronting Stalin on the fate of East would have led to war with the Soviets or do you think he would have backed down? I think Churchill's plan was called "Operation Unthinkable" for dealing with Soviet aggression in Eastern Europe. I am not sure there was the political will to go into another conflict right away with what was a former ally against Hitler but I could be wrong.

On the German Holocaust, is there away it could have been dealt with. The Western Allies moved quite rapidly across France and into Russia after Overlord. I just don't know if they could have gotten into position to do anything about it sooner.
There wasn't much to be done IMO. The soviets had a very strong land presence in Europe, the Western powers would need to either commit to total war against the soviet union and/or go around nuking their troops in Europe. At the time there was still a lot of sympathy for communism in Europe, so it was a possibility that people would turn against the west.

Not true. The tide had already turned on the Eastern Front in 1943 and Germany had effectively lost the war by the end of the year. Around 30 million of the estimated total WW2 death toll of 70 million were accounted to the Eastern Front.

People in the West often overlook this as most of the media about WW2 is focused on the Western Front and the Pacific Ocean theatre.

800px-Eastern_Front_1943-08_to_1944-12.png

That's interesting. It still doesn't change the fact that they only got to the Ukraine before D Day. I'm not saying that USSR didn't do their part. I'm saying that if Germany wasn't forced to fight two wars on each side it probably would've been a different outcome. You're not taking in the account of Germany's resources and mobility (their trains) having to be stretched so thin.

The delusion of morons who think America needs Europe more than Europe needs America.

Europe would get fucking walked if it wasn't for the support America has given them all of these years. Now that Europe has siphoned enough money and protection and technology from the USA, their bark is big...

There wasn't much to be done IMO. The soviets had a very strong land presence in Europe, the Western powers would need to either commit to total war against the soviet union and/or go around nuking their troops in Europe. At the time there was still a lot of sympathy for communism in Europe, so it was a possibility that people would turn against the west.

I do think if the Western Allies were any weaker Stalin would have continued West. Though probably not feasible I would have liked Eastern Europe to have been able to choose their own destinies instead of it being forced upon them.

Western Allies should have done a ceasefire with Germany and helped the German army would overthrow the Nazis. Even help the Germans against the USSR if needed.

A lot of Americans acting like assholes in this thread.... keep making threats, Europe still has allies.... while you cunts are running out of them day by day!

A lot of Americans acting like assholes in this thread.... keep making threats, Europe still has allies.... while you cunts are running out of them day by day!

LMAO talk about fucking delusion. Who are Europe's allies that would do anything for them when the chips are down?

America saved Europe's pussy ass TWICE in the past 100 years. TWICE from total and complete annihilation. Trillions of dollars and millions of American lives...

The only ally that has ever done anything for Europe is America.

LMAO talk about fucking delusion. Who are Europe's allies that would do anything for them when the chips are down?

America saved Europe's pussy ass TWICE in the past 100 years. TWICE from total and complete annihilation. Trillions of dollars and millions of American lives...

What a simplistic view. Not surprised.

you needed the help of other countries to take on 2 European nations and japan. WTF are you talking about ya fucking bellend?

America cant do anything without help.... look at Vietnam for example. You guys always need help.

Soviet Union would have capitulated if not for the millions of tons of American trucks, trains, weapons, and other raw materials.

They conveniently didn't take much footage or pictures of it, but we have the receipts, worth over $11,000,000,000 in 1940s money.

Without our train equipment and trucks, they would have never made it behind the Urals.

Soviet General Georgy Zhukov said after the end of WWII.

"We didn’t have explosives, gunpowder. We didn’t have anything to charge our rifle cartridges with. The Americans really saved us with their gunpowder and explosives. And how much sheet steel they gave us! How could we have produced our tanks without American steel? But now they make it seem as if we had an abundance of all that. Without American trucks we wouldn’t have had anything to pull our artillery with."

More than 14,000 U.S. airplanes, 8,000 of which came from Alaska, were given to the Soviet Union in the course of the war. (During the entire war 1939-1945 the Soviets only produced 125,000 combat planes, so this was a significant percentage of their air force)

The USSR received a total of 44,000 American jeeps, 375,883 cargo trucks, 8,071 tractors and 12,700 tanks(During the war they had 25,000 tanks, so half were American made). Additionally, 1,541,590 blankets, 331,066 liters of alcohol, 15,417,000 pairs of army boots (Half their army were wearing American made boots by 1945), 106,893 tons of cotton, 2,670,000 tons of petroleum products and 4,478,000 tons of food supplies made their way into the Soviet Union.

Last edited:
This pretty much sums up Western Europe, Israel and Japan without the US.

Back