Since Brunson is ducking him, who do you think is a good match up for Borrachinha in the top 10?

Brunson has black pipo privilege... He just need to do 10 push ups and he gets swole as fuck....

He fought two old guys already busted who have name recognition 100 times more than Borrachina and higher ranked. Those were medium risk/high reward. Fighting Borrachina is high risk/no reward. It's easy logic to see but I guess some people need it to be spelled out for them.

If Borrachina was ranked within a couple of spots of Brunson and with legit wins under his belt then I could see the ducking argument.
See, the thing is, Brunson NEVER talked about rankings, you´re the only talking about it. And although you have a hard time you admiting it, I see that you agree with me, that he was a hypocrite. That Brunson had no problem fighting guys on steroids like Silva and Lyoto, but was pretty fast to use the steroid as excuse to decline a fight with Costa.

He´s undefeated and he´s #15. Why wouldn´t he face a top 10 I ask you.
Because he doesn't even deserve to be ranked that high. His best win is against Hendricks, who, prior to that fight, lost to Boetsch.

In fact, I think Tim would the perfect fight for Paulo. It would be a real test against a durable vet.

Oh totally, three of his last four fights were against Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, and Bobby Knuckles Whittaker. He's totally ducking a fringe top fifteen MW. I mean Costa's ranked 15th, so it's not that big of a stretch for Brunson to say "nah, I want to fight guys ranked near me or higher." After all, Machida was ranked in the top 10 before he was suspended.
He fought Silva and Lyoto who were suspended, but pushing 40. In his twitter to Costa he never mentioned rankings like you´re doing, he simply accused him of being on steroids and declined the fight. So I ask you, double standards here? He fights Silva and Lyoto suspended on roids, but declines Costa who´s never popped? I don´t get it.

See, the thing is, Brunson NEVER talked about rankings, you´re the only talking about it. And although you have a hard time you admiting it, I see that you agree with me, that he was a hypocrite. That Brunson had no problem fighting guys on steroids like Silva and Lyoto, but was pretty fast to use the steroid as excuse to decline a fight with Costa.
Keep telling yourself that. You said Brunson told him he wouldn't fight him when he said see you next year if you are popped by then.

This is my logic: Brunson's last 3 fights were Silva, Kelly and Lyoto. 2 of which were suspended by USADA. When Costa confronted Brunson, he didn´t talk about rankings, he said "I won´t fight him cause he´s probably on roids" ..... well, but Brunson didn´t have a problem fighting Silva and Lyoto who were suspended, but declines a fight vs Costa who´s never been suspended???? It sounds like ducking to me, doesn´t it to you?
Silva is 42 and was 1-5 in his last 6 fights before fighting Brunson so it's pretty safe to assume roids weren't benefiting him much if at all and thats if he even was roiding considering he was already caught. Anyone would've accepted that fight considering the risk/reward.

Machida is 39, was coming off of 2 losses via finish, and an 18 month suspension. Another big name who we could assume wasn't benefiting much from whatever "ped" he was supposedly taking. Another fight that you just wouldn't turn down considering the risk/reward.

Then we have Paulo Costa 11-0, probably the best physique at MW next to Romero, and 10 of his 11 wins being by TKO/KO. If you're going to accuse anyone of cheating it's this guy. The risk isn't worth the reward considering his ranking/name and the possibility you could lose to a cheater after you've already lost to Romero who is notoriously known for being a cheater and failing a test AFTER your fight with him. Not saying I necessarily think Romero or Costa are cheating but it's different from a fighters perspective.

If its Vitor's last fight, he said just fuck it and use TRT

Keep telling yourself that. You said Brunson told him he wouldn't fight him when he said see you next year if you are popped by then.
I´m using what Brunson said, his official twitter. You guys are the ones talking about rankings, Brunson never talked about rankings, he accused him of steroids. And did that after fighting Silva and Lyoto. Clear double standards here.

Look I even like Brunson, he is a good fighter, seems to be a nice guy and he was very respectful to Lyoto and the brazilian fans. If he had used the "rankings" as response I´d naturally agree with you, after all he´s # 7 , and he has the right to target guys higher than him, but he didn´t, that´s all I´m saying. Anyways, we can agree to disagree here. Cheers.

I´m using what Brunson said, his official twitter. You guys are the ones talking about rankings, Brunson never talked about rankings, he accused him of steroids. And did that after fighting Silva and Lyoto. Clear double standards here.

Look I even like Brunson, he is a good fighter, seems to be a nice guy and he was very respectful to Lyoto and the brazilian fans. If he had used the "rankings" as response I´d naturally agree with you, after all he´s # 7 , and he has the right to target guys higher than him, but he didn´t, that´s all I´m saying. Anyways, we can agree to disagree here. Cheers.
We'll have to agree to disagree I suppose. I admire your dedication. I really like Borrachina and I think he's exciting and it's nice to have a new young rising prospect in this division that has a lot of old guys being phased out or just hanging on. I really really hope he is clean.

Brunson was the perfect match up for him, but it looks like he prefers to fight guys pushing 40 like Silva, Lyoto and Kelly.

Bisping vs Gastelum are booked to fight next month and the other fighters are:
Rockhold
Souza
Romero
Weidman
Branch

How about Weidman???
Does anybody think Weidman vs Borrachinha would be a good match up?

Thoughts????

gasdljkf5r.gif

If I recall Brunson's quote correctly, he said he would fight Borrachinha IF he was tested more than one time. Now that we know He's been tested 10 times, make the fight happen.

Hope he stays clean, exciting prospect. A fight with Branch makes sense at this point.

Brunson should get another shot at one of the top guys now, a fight with Costa doesn't do anything for him.

It was absolutely a bs decision loss to Silva and what the hell kind of logic is fight him anyway if you know he's a cheater? Why the hell would you ever want to fight someone you truly believe is cheating. That literally makes 0 sense.
So Conor can state that everybody cheats, therefore he can duck everyone who's cheating forever.

It's USADA obligation to guarantee that the fighter is clean, his adversary per se has nothing to do with it.

We, as the audience, might dislike/reprove that other fighter who got busted some other day but refusing to fight because the other fighter was caught the other day is as bullshit as Jon Jones overly irritated with Belfort because he got caught or Sonnen calling The Axe Murderer (forgot his name, sorry) and the list goes on and on. What if Brunson pops in the next month, would it be okay if after that he'd be only allowed to fight past PED abusers? Would it be fair to some other fighter who got his fight neglected because he failed a USADA test last year?

We could make a new leagues, MMA, WMMA, PEDMMA and WPEDMMA.

He should fight the barbarian. Boetsch would be a solid test

So Conor can state that everybody cheats, therefore he can duck everyone who's cheating forever.

It's USADA obligation to guarantee that the fighter is clean, his adversary per se has nothing to do with it.

We, as the audience, might dislike/reprove that other fighter who got busted some other day but refusing to fight because the other fighter was caught the other day is as bullshit as Jon Jones overly irritated with Belfort because he got caught or Sonnen calling The Axe Murderer (forgot his name, sorry) and the list goes on and on. What if Brunson pops in the next month, would it be okay if after that he'd be only allowed to fight past PED abusers? Would it be fair to some other fighter who got his fight neglected because he failed a USADA test last year?

We could make a new leagues, MMA, WMMA, PEDMMA and WPEDMMA.

So, Brunson has accused every fighter of being a cheater? Can you find some previous fighters he's fought that he accused of cheating?

USADA is clearly not perfect, evident by Jon Jones passing every USADA test until the day of his fight with DC then passing every test afterwards..... It clearly shows flaws in the program.

What if Brunson pops next month? What if? What if he doesn't though? What if?

Sounds like a good idea in theory, but look at the real scenario.
# 11 Hall is fighting # 12 Belfort
# 14 Lyoto just lost
# 13 Jotko lost 2 in a row.
# 10 Branch just lost.
# 9 Gastelum is fighting.
# 8 Silva suspended.
# 7 Brunson is ducking.

See, either it´s not possible or it doesn´t look like a good idea to match Borrachinha with any of these guys. I say it doesn´t look good because he´s an undefeated prospect, so wasting this opportunity on guys like Branch or Jotko doesn´t sound smart, imo.
Man, you know your stats. I applaud you haha. At least my theory was good, just not practical lol

So, Brunson has accused every fighter of being a cheater? Can you find some previous fighters he's fought that he accused of cheating?

USADA is clearly not perfect, evident by Jon Jones passing every USADA test until the day of his fight with DC then passing every test afterwards..... It clearly shows flaws in the program.

What if Brunson pops next month? What if? What if he doesn't though? What if?
Come on, China, I'm not sure if you didn't read what I've written (kind of a usual problem when we spend much time reading stuff on internet forums, can't blame you) or if you're trying to play reckless/stupid with me. I've never said Brunson is accusing everybody. Can you understand the "if I let you slip, then I'll have to let everybody else slip as well?" paradigm?

We have to believe that a fighter is indeed clean if he passed by USADA's tests, I don't care if he got caught 10 times last week or if he never got caught. We also can't send people to prison just because someone has been jailed 10 times in the past, that is no reason to presume guilty. We can indeed be cautious with such person because of past experiences (hence why fighters who got caught are tested way more frequently than fighters who never popped), but if there is not a single proof the person did what he's been percuted for, then the case is a bust, don't even need to worry about bringing it to a judge.

Still, if Brunson requires that Borrachinha/Silva/whoever be tested at least the same amount of times than him, that would be fair.

Last, if you're gonna answer my questions with other (imbecile) questions I'll just stop answering you.

Come on, China, I'm not sure if you didn't read what I've written (kind of a usual problem when we spend much time reading stuff on internet forums, can't blame you) or if you're trying to play reckless/stupid with me. I've never said Brunson is accusing everybody. Can you understand the "if I let you slip, then I'll have to let everybody else slip as well?" paradigm?

We have to believe that a fighter is indeed clean if he passed by USADA's tests, I don't care if he got caught 10 times last week or if he never got caught. We also can't send people to prison just because someone has been jailed 10 times in the past, that is no reason to presume guilty. We can indeed be cautious with such person because of past experiences (hence why fighters who got caught are tested way more frequently than fighters who never popped), but if there is not a single proof the person did what he's been percuted for, then the case is a bust, don't even need to worry about bringing it to a judge.

Still, if Brunson requires that Borrachinha/Silva/whoever be tested at least the same amount of times than him, that would be fair.

Last, if you're gonna answer my questions with other (imbecile) questions I'll just stop answering you.
Trust me, we're done talking.

Man, you know your stats. I applaud you haha. At least my theory was good, just not practical lol
Brunson is a very exciting fighter and he´s a smart guy too. He knows Borrachinha is a very dangerous fight for anybody in the division, so I can understand Brunson not wanting to go backwards in rakings to fight him. I just thought the steroid accusation was a bad call. Anyways, Brunson vs Costa would be a helluva fight!

Brunson is a very exciting fighter and he´s a smart guy too. He knows Borrachinha is a very dangerous fight for anybody in the division, so I can understand Brunson not wanting to go backwards in rakings to fight him. I just thought the steroid accusation was a bad call. Anyways, Brunson vs Costa would be a helluva fight!
Agree with you. Anytime you play steroids cards without precedence it looks so stupid. Just not more stupid than Colby talking shit and pressing charges lol

Back