Since Brunson is ducking him, who do you think is a good match up for Borrachinha in the top 10?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Brunson was the perfect match up for him, but it looks like he prefers to fight guys pushing 40 like Silva, Lyoto and Kelly.

Bisping vs Gastelum are booked to fight next month and the other fighters are:
Rockhold
Souza
Romero
Weidman
Branch

How about Weidman???
Does anybody think Weidman vs Borrachinha would be a good match up?

Thoughts????

gasdljkf5r.gif

Borrachinha hasn't even faced a guy in the top 20, and you want to give him a top 10 guy? Alright.

Borrachinha hasn't even faced a guy in the top 20, and you want to give him a top 10 guy? Alright.
He´s #15, undefeated, 11-0 with 10 KO/TKO. Why wouldn´t he face a top 10 I ask you.

Last edited:
Nah, first a higher top 10, or even lower top 15. Too soon. At least 1 10-13 and then maybe 5-10 next. Then a contender and then TS. I'd say he's 3-4 fights away of a TS if he wins them all.

But since UFC is a joke nowadays, he may get it next fight since he's a dime

How exactly is Brunson ducking him?

Brunson is looking to fight a top guy instead of taking a step backwards in the rankings which is the only smart thing to do.

Nah, first a higher top 10, or even lower top 15. Too soon. At least 1 10-13 and then maybe 5-10 next. Then a contender and then TS. I'd say he's 3-4 fights away of a TS if he wins them all.

But since UFC is a joke nowadays, he may get it next fight since he's a dime
Sounds like a good idea in theory, but look at the real scenario.
# 11 Hall is fighting # 12 Belfort
# 14 Lyoto just lost
# 13 Jotko lost 2 in a row.
# 10 Branch just lost.
# 9 Gastelum is fighting.
# 8 Silva suspended.
# 7 Brunson is ducking.

See, either it´s not possible or it doesn´t look like a good idea to match Borrachinha with any of these guys. I say it doesn´t look good because he´s an undefeated prospect, so wasting this opportunity on guys like Branch or Jotko doesn´t sound smart, imo.

I reckon they might give him Branch, he is a solid fighter but not a world beater, I don't think they will give him huge names like Rockhold or Weidman yet. Once he cracks top 10 they can. Wouldn't be surprised to see Branch

Branch. Beating current MW Hendricks shouldn't get him anyone like Weidman and Rockhold. Branch is a good first test for him.

Brunson has fought a who's who of the division and is seeking to fight a former champion and arguably the most dangerous fighter in the division in Rockhold yet he's ducking the #15 ranked guy? lol

Not wanting to fight #15 as #7 coming off 2 brutal 1st RD KO wins = ducking.

Lol ok

<36>

Brunson has fought a who's who of the division and is seeking to fight a former champion and arguably the most dangerous fighter in the division in Rockhold yet he's ducking the #15 ranked guy? lol
Brunson's last 3 fights were Silva, Kelly and Lyoto. 2 of which were suspended by USADA. When Costa confronted Brunson, he didn´t talk about rankings, he said "I won´t fight him cause he´s probably on roids" ..... well, but Brunson didn´t have a problem fighting Silva and Lyoto who were suspended, but declines a fight vs Costa who´s never been suspended???? It sounds like ducking to me, doesn´t it to you?

Brunson is looking to move forward in his career by fighting guys ahead of him not behind him. By your logic any fighter who fights someone ranked lower they are ducking someone that's ranked higher.

Not wanting to fight #15 as #7 coming off 2 brutal 1st RD KO wins = ducking.

Lol ok

<36>
Brunson's last 3 fights were Silva, Kelly and Lyoto. 2 of which were suspended by USADA. When Costa confronted Brunson, he didn´t talk about rankings, he said "I won´t fight him cause he´s probably on roids" ..... well, but Brunson didn´t have a problem fighting Silva and Lyoto who were suspended, but declines a fight vs Costa who´s never been suspended???? It sounds like ducking to me, doesn´t it to you?

Brunson is looking to move forward in his career by fighting guys ahead of him not behind him. By your logic any fighter who fights someone ranked lower they are ducking someone that's ranked higher.
This is my logic: Brunson's last 3 fights were Silva, Kelly and Lyoto. 2 of which were suspended by USADA. When Costa confronted Brunson, he didn´t talk about rankings, he said "I won´t fight him cause he´s probably on roids" ..... well, but Brunson didn´t have a problem fighting Silva and Lyoto who were suspended, but declines a fight vs Costa who´s never been suspended???? It sounds like ducking to me, doesn´t it to you?

He's obviously roiding, so I don't even care.

He didn´t talk about rankings, he talked about steroids. It sounds like ducking

Oh I see why you are delusional.

Back