Sinbi/Rawai Muay Thai accomodation

Anklepicker67

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I'm flying out to Phuket on the 7th of January to start 3 months of Muay thai. At the moment I am planning to start off at Sinbi Muay thai for a month or so (based on reviews I have read), before moving up to Koh Phangan and going to Diamond Muay Thai.

One of the issues I'm having right now is finding accommodation for Sinbi - due to the high prices at the gym 1700tbh (£40)/night for a private room. Surely I can find something cheaper local? Am I better booking 5 days stay at the gym and then doing a bit of looking around when I arrive for something a bit more economical in the long term?

Cheers

Thanks for the response. like some decent accommodation! I’ll have a look into it.

A few of my friends have rented rooms at Lion Muay Thai which is only a couple hundred meters down the road. The gym is pretty dead (at least 2 seasons ago it was), but there are still a few people who train there. Im assuming the owner would rather have something coming in than nothing. Thats why he rented out rooms to Sinbi students. May be worth emailing them. Plus there is a little Muslim restaurant next door with good cheap breakfast.

Id recommend spending a few nights at the gym and get established. Then see if there are any good deals. Phuket might be packed and there isnt much supply so it drives up the prices. I may be there in mid-Feb.

Back