Simple&Sinister and BJJ?

WilliamBoulder

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey everybody just to give you a little background. I am new to BJJ have been actively training 2-4 times a week for the last 3 months. I love it and don't want to give it up. In this time I usually would lift weights doing Tactical barbells fighter template which I have been doing for the last couple years. I can no longer justify the expense of paying for a gym with weights in addition to paying for BJJ classes. I have some kettle bells and decided to start pavels S and S program. Was wondering if anyone has used it? Does it actually make you stronger? Will you get any hypertrophy from it or look toned or anything? I'm 29 and 6-1 about 200lbs and athletic build. I'm basically wondering will it actually keep me strong or should i try and do some OT at work to get the extra cash to keep lifting. Thanks for your answers in advance :)

It will keep you moving and a bit of strength. It is an everyday type program for general fitness. I like to pair it with his fighter pullup program a d run 5 days a week for my tb basebuilding.

Yeah it won't take you long to be able to do 100 swings unbroken. The get ups are a skill though.

it's a great program that will build your strength and conditioning, but it won't pack on muscle. For a muscle workout you can do at home with minimal equipment, I'd recommend Convict Conditioning. CC isn't prescribed to be a demanding program and is super easy to mix with other workouts, so you can fit it into your BJJ easily or even work it alongside BJJ and Simple & Sinister.

If you want a really demanding bodyweight strength workout that's still pretty simple, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine .

Back