Silverback Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear.. who wins???

I'd give the gorilla a punchers chance.

Maybe we are talking a smart battle hardened gorilla here, who understands his only chance is a blow to the grizzlies head. Gorilla has the power for a KO.

Grizzly by ripping out the throat would be my call though.

The gorilla is quicker and far more agile. The bear might have the overall strength advantage, but them gorillas have that explosive and athletic strength that is better suited for combat.

Gorilla wins via E&A.

I'm a big gorilla fan. I am actually a "gorilla parent" at the St. Louis zoo. They are gentle docile creatures for the most part. Have you ever heard of a gorilla killing anything? Maybe a few instances...Leopards have been known to kill gorillas.
Grizzly bears kill on a regular basis. Their teeth, size, and claws are designed to kill. Please don't put both of them in a cage to see who would win. Gorillas are already endangered. It would be very sad to see one get mauled to death.

I'd give the gorilla a punchers chance.

Maybe we are talking a smart battle hardened gorilla here, who understands his only chance is a blow to the grizzlies head. Gorilla has the power for a KO.

Grizzly by ripping out the throat would be my call though.
haha, there are known cases of big bears to survive a 12 gauge to the head and keep coming at you and you are telling me a gorilla is going to ko a bear?

Can a silverback take on a black bear or a panda though?

Wow alot of bear fans in here........

Gorilla's are vegans and don't really kill ever.

Bears are top of the food chain predators with every advantage, what are you expecting?

The gorilla is quicker and far more agile. The bear might have the overall strength advantage, but them gorillas have that explosive and athletic strength that is better suited for combat.

Gorilla wins via E&A.

Gorilla loses via disembowlment.

what if the gorilla is trained by master seagal. surely there's a front kick technique that can 1 shot a grizzly bear.

You don't seem to want to accept the fact that you're dealing with an expert in animal warfare, with a beast who's the best! With claws, with teeth, with his sheer brute force! A bear who's been trained to ignore pain! To ignore weather! To live off the land! To eat things that would make a billy goat puke! In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel... to kill, period! Win by attrition... well Grizzly was THE BEST!

Last edited:
You don't seem to want to accept the fact that you're dealing with an expert in animal warfare, with a beast who's the best! With claws, with teeth, with his sheer brute force! A bear who's been trained to ignore pain! To ignore weather! To live off the land! To eat things that would make a billy goat puke! In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel... to kill, period! Win by attrition... well Grizzly was THE BEST!

He never fought a battle he couldn't win and this time he's fighting for his life!

Yeah but what if it's a sea-level motivated gorilla with that look in his eyes?

The gorilla isnt standing in front of bear to be swiped down. Hes smart enough and agile enough to work his way to the bears back where he stays for the rest of the battle. Here he can ktfo bear with some donkey kong knocks to the head.

Does the Gorilla have a katana by chance?

Does the Gorilla have a katana by chance?
No but if the gorilla is smart enough to pick up a rock, stick, or whatever the hell is natural out in nature he can do that. Idk if theyre that intelligent. I wouldnt be surprised though

Not a chance. The grizzly is WAY faster than a gorilla and it apparently knows jiu-jitsu.

Gorillas are gentle giants. I cannot recall ever seeing a video of a gorilla killing anything

So I guess that means Khabib > Gorilla

Just replace the sheep with a gorilla and this is pretty much how the fight would go down.
images

Back