Silva still has no opponent. Who do you want to see him fight?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The card is on June, 3 and I don't think Silva is fighting the top killers like Romero, Rockhold, Mousasi or Whittaker, at this point.

There are not many options availabe. A lot of MW just fought or have a scheduled fight like Hendricks vs Boetsch.

So what do you guys think is gonna happen?

Maybe the Vitor rematch? (Vitor got KOed in march 11, and was suspended for 45 days with 30 days no contact. He could make it to the card in june 3, but only time for a small camp)
tumblr_nv0danEGNf1ueu615o1_500.gif

Nick rematch if it´s availabe? Silva talked about it... (please no)
soKtXUR.gif

Somebody fresh.... maybe Uriah Hall? (KO type of guy like Brunson, but without the takedown threat... tends to fold under pressure *crowded arena in Rio... fighting the goat*)

Perhaps guy with a name like Rashad Evans???? (Or the guy that beat Evans, Daniel kelly I know he has no name, but he looks like a pretty beatable guy for Silva, and Silva fought Brunson who also has no name)

I don´t see that many options....

Thoughts?

Do you follow the ufc at all, man? GSP is gonna fight for the MW belt vs Bisping and they don´t even have a date scheduled.
GSP vs Bisping is a ridiculous fight to make. He's gonna fight one more time then fade into retirement again. Then he'll have two lineal belts. Rather him just give us the fight we missed out on and they can both retire after.

Do you follow the ufc at all, man? GSP is gonna fight for the MW belt vs Bisping and they don´t even have a date scheduled.

Then again the thread is named "who do YOU want to see him fight " so his comment is not that wrong lol

GSP vs Bisping is a ridiculous fight to make. He's gonna fight one more time then fade into retirement again. Then he'll have two lineal belts. Rather him just give us the fight we missed out on and they can both retire after.
I don´t like it any more than you do, but what can we do? That fight is gonna happen.

I'm hoping for a TS against GSP. I'm pretty sure he will fight someone else first. But, it would be best if he actually won that next fight. Not that the UFC cares about optics sometimes. But, a TS off of a loss is generally fucked up, imo.

Even though it was a very different situation. Lots of ppl bitched about Holly fighting GDR. Some ppl even bitched about Ronda getting the TS against Amanda. Now there's tak of Cruz maybe getting a TS off of losing the belt.

I don´t like it any more than you do, but what can we do? That fight is gonna happen.
Sorry man I was taking your thread a little more hypothetical. Honestly I would like to see Anderson retire. I honestly believe he is a top 3 all time fighter and I hate seeing him lose to guys he would have punk'd 3 years earlier.

Sorry man I was taking your thread a little more hypothetical. Honestly I would like to see Anderson retire. I honestly believe he is a top 3 all time fighter and I hate seeing him lose to guys he would have punk'd 3 years earlier.
It´s okay m8

Silva's ducking everyone good. He should fight Rockhold, Belfort or Romero but he's scared.

Silva's ducking everyone good. He should fight Rockhold, Belfort or Romero but he's scared.
Calling the only champ who went up in class 3 times during his reign just for the show (and put on probably the most awesome performance in the ufc), with nothing to gain and everything to lose, "scared"?
4r3xhw.jpg

{<jordan}

Vitor is a top guy now? The same guy who's been TKO'd in 4 of his last 5 and hasn't beaten anyone under 45 in 4 years? Anderson said he's too old to ever try to be champ again and has no desire to make a title run. He's only still fighting to give his fans a few more fights and because he likes it. Why the fuck would he be matched up with the #1 contender?

He'll fight either Belfort or Shogun. The only two that makes sense right now. I personally want him to fight Rockhold or Romero, and I am a huge Silva fanboy. He's got nothing to lose...

Vitor for a double retirement fight.

I just want to see Belfort at 212, since he made his UFC debut at UFC12. Would be a nice number for him to retire on. Plus the rematch makes sense at this point in their careers (not that i think it'd end differently.)

I'd say Nikita Krylov but he's gone. How about a Vitor Belfort rematch?

We saw that fighting the top guys, like Weidman, Bisping and DC doesn't work for Anderson anymore. The guy is old and way past his prime. Now he just does it for the money. He should get some good superfights vs other fading legends.

Shogun, Rashad, Vitor, GSP

the old guard of course as he's part of it. GSP, Vitor, Rashad, Shogun or drag back Hendo who's prolly sitting in the sun reminiscing about the good ol' days.

Back