Silva never fought anyone with good footwork + boxing(combination) until the weidman fight...

Silva was 39 or 40 years old.. Out of his prime and slower weidmean beat an old man this post is disturbing

2 things. Andy was an old man then. Was Hendo too old when he fought Silva? Do we take that win away from Anderson? Cuz Hendo was about 40 when he fought a younger Silva.

2..... roids. Don't give me this old man shit when the guy was juicing his whole career.

He started fighting people in their primes and his only win has been gastelum who nearly ktfo him.

Weidman just got a huge following because he beat Silva when it really just was father time.

Rockhold, Romero and Mousasi beat Weidman with ease.

When Weidman was coming up, I lobbied for his shot at Silva. He was the clear number one contender and Silva was obviously doing anything he could to avoid that fight. Seriously, as slick as he was in the octagon, he was an elite ninja when it came to avoiding Weidman.

I actually favored Silva in that fight. Weidman's offense hadn't seemed dangerous enough, and Silva always found a way.

Even after Weidman splattered Silva twice, I wasn't completely convinced. He had the fundamentals, but something was missing. I'm still not sure what that was.

Now he just seems like a good fighter competing against the best and losing a lot.

Look it up

Lmao fkn Jose Also said Fedor is the GOAT. Shogun Rua said Fedor is the GOAT. Easily 2 of the 4 greatest Brazilians ever. Pretty sure Nog if he was honest would make It 3/4. The loner obviously being Silva

When your own countrymen, ESPECIALLY in Brazil, aren't sold on you then there's cause for question

As far as the rest of the non-Brazilian MMA world is concerned, Fedor is the unanimous GOAT. Even guys who have a vested interest in arguing otherwise-- GSP, Cain Velasquez-- acknowledge Fedor as GOAT of all GOATs

Reitman caught him by luck.. He swing a backward fist out of frustration and not tactic. He said it in the post fight interview backstage.

He was starting to take over in that 2nd round though. He was landing good leg kicks and stuffed the takedown, then for some reason he decided to wave his chin about infront of him

it will never change anything, but I will always believe this too.

He started fighting people in their primes and his only win has been gastelum who nearly ktfo him.

Weidman just got a huge following because he beat Silva when it really just was father time.

Rockhold, Romero and Mousasi beat Weidman with ease.

Silva was coming of a vintage "matrix" performance vs Bonnar when Weidman crushed him. And you can't use the past-prime defense when you roid your way through your 30s

Then Weidman effortlessly put the pressure on and suffocated Machida-- STANDING -- a mere 4.5 mos after Machida ran a clinic on Gayguard

Weidman then destroyed Vitor. But we don't count that because poor Vitor had his weapons grade juice taken away. Nevermind that Vitor would've still been enjoying his pre-ban gains just based on the timeline alone, or that Vitor ktfo Dan Hendo his very next fight. Nah let's instead just ignore the Vitor win

"Luke, Yoel, Moose beat Weidman with ease"

Lmfao. This is the shit that forced me to become a Weidman defender. Did you actually watch any of those fights? Literally all 3 were highly competitive until Weidman got caught. He was actually controlling Yoel and schooling Moose for most of those fights

The Weidman hate is so weird. I get that he doesn't appear dominant because he isn't lightning quick so he's effectively slow by comparison to guys like Silva, Yoel, Vitor, etc., but he's nonetheless an insanely tough matchup for anyone in MW history

thats the cold heart truth.silva never fought someone with good footwork and distance management before weidman fight.Silva was not able to land a clean punch on weidman in both fight other than leg kicks cause he never fought someone who’s not completely flat footed and the combination of good boxing.and he doesn’t fall for Silva game
And it means fuck all.

Silva is still a great fighter.

Since when does chris have either of those lol

My guy he was like 36 . U see basketball players slow down by 32 and u gone give him shit for fighting a young gun ?

So you switched from trashing Fedor to trashing another legend in Silva? Who isn't overrated to you?

Back