Silva never fought anyone with good footwork + boxing(combination) until the weidman fight...

He was starting to take over in that 2nd round though. He was landing good leg kicks and stuffed the takedown, then for some reason he decided to wave his chin about infront of him

I’m sorry, but Silva wasn’t getting anywhere.

He couldn’t land clean shots and was clowning in an attempt to disrupt Weidman’s rhythm and also out of frustration because he was being embarrassed.

People don't like the fact that Anderson was completely outclassed in both fights. It bothers them. And the multiple posts in this thread about Chris have zero footwork etc are laughable and dishonest.
His hands are not the best but he's really good at cutting angles and controlling the distance, which he proved in both fights against Anderson. I mean watch the actual fights and you will see that.
Why do you think Anderson only had success with his leg kicks? He couldn't get close to Weidman. He never hit him with anything.

Some of you guys should realize that every fighter is going to lose eventually if they keep fighting. Anderson's two losses against Weidman doesn't take away anything from his otherwise amazing career.

Ts

Vitor%2520vs%2520Bisping.gif

You

771919944.gif

Are

10001948.gif

A

hqslomobelfortvsfranklin.gif

Retard

BelfortLindland.gif

I agree. Silva made his name by fighting the “face the pain” era of fighters. Prime Silva would be nowhere near as dominant if he had to defend against guys like Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, Romero, Jacare, Gastelum etc.

He was starting to take over in that 2nd round though. He was landing good leg kicks and stuffed the takedown, then for some reason he decided to wave his chin about infront of him

Thats pretty much it. Saying weidman has good footwork is laughable. Silva was being his usual clown self but left his chin to exposed.

I agree. Silva made his name by fighting the “face the pain” era of fighters. Prime Silva would be nowhere near as dominant if he had to defend against guys like Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, Romero, Jacare, Gastelum etc.

Prime silva would KO rockhold easily

Didn’t he fight and get the better of (though screwed by the judges) Pele in a kickboxing fight?

thats the cold heart truth.silva never fought someone with good footwork and distance management before weidman fight.Silva was not able to land a clean punch on weidman in both fight other than leg kicks cause he never fought someone who’s not completely flat footed and the combination of good boxing.and he doesn’t fall for Silva game

Chonan. Silva was behind on points before the sub (according to Bas and others). Sometimes styles make fights.

Anderson haters, aham, GSP fans are the worst fans in all sports.

Since when does Weidman have good boxing and footwork. lol

Lol I dunno maybe when he tooled both Silva and Loyoto and made it look easy?

For those who will inevitably claim Machida was washed up, it was like 4.5 months after Machida schooled Mousassi

Anderson haters, aham, GSP fans are the worst fans in all sports.

Depends on how you define worst

Silva nuthuggers are perhaps the dumbest. They constantly shit on a guy who clearly outclassed a roided Silva (aka prime Silva) on 2 occasions b2b

If Weidman sucks so much then what does that say about Silva?

Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort, Nate.
Vitor is a top 10 striker

Depends on how you define worst

Silva nuthuggers are perhaps the dumbest. They constantly shit on a guy who clearly outclassed a roided Silva (aka prime Silva) on 2 occasions b2b

If Weidman sucks so much then what does that say about Silva?

What? Silva fans love The Chris.

The hating is really a GSP fanboy thing.

Too cold in Canada or something.

One thing that most MMA strikers lack, especially if you look back at the Zuffa era, is sound fundamentals. A lot of Silvas effectiveness came from countering people who didn't really know what they were doing in the boxing department. Doesn't take anything from his fantastic highlight reel away at all, actually quite the opposite. He was on another level of striking compared to everyone in the UFC.

Weidman wasn't a great boxer or anything, but he had studied how Silva reacted to punches coming at him and Ray Longo is a great striking coach who had developed the Chris into what would beat Silva.

Every fighter lacks in something. The difference between you winning or losing can just be how well your opponent can put you at your most vulnerable and that was where Weidman completely changed the way most people tried to fight Anderson.

I think people underestimate the mental part of fighting. A fighter can have the skills and the mental.focus and desire and do very well. Over time I think many fighters begin to lose the real desire to fight and win and this effects the whole preparation camp and the fight itself.

True desire and NEED to be great is very difficult to maintain.

Comparing a fighters skills throughout a career as the only or even the main metric for how good they are or were overlooks the mental and emotional aspect completely.

Back