Silence of the lambs 1991

Most of the idiots here wont even know what manhunter is, they most likely think it's a documentary about their mother.
ha ja they probably think that Michael Mann is ripping off Nicholas Refn.

giphy.gif

Brian Cox did a better job in Manhunter. His Lecter was pure alpha. Apex Predator type shit
Interesting... I'll finally watch it because of your post. I could only find the director's cut though, do you have a preference?

Also has anyone here seen beyond the first season of NBC's Hannibal? I quite enjoyed Mads Mikkelson's portrayal of Hannibal Lecter, but found everything else to be pretty mediocre. I'm hesitant to continue watching.

Interesting... I'll finally watch it because of your post. I could only find the director's cut though, do you have a preference?

I haven't seen the directors cut I don't think

Manhunter is an awesome film in general though. Quintessential 80's flick with a great soundtrack and dem Michael Mann aesthetics

Hopkins comes off like a trick-or-treater with his whole shtick

Brian Cox did a better job in Manhunter. His Lecter was pure alpha. Apex Predator type shit

hmmmmm...not sure what you're saying there.

I enjoyed the movie immensely but then watched 'Hannibal' the series and Hopkins was replaced as Lecter in my mind. Maybe I do have to watch Manhunter.

Also has anyone here seen beyond the first season of NBC's Hannibal?
I quite enjoyed Mads Mikkelson's portrayal of Hannibal Lecter, but found everything else to be pretty mediocre. I'm hesitant to continue watching.

Loved it from start to finish. I thought Dancy's acting was top notch as well.

Loved it from start to finish. I thought Dancy's acting was top notch as well.
Hmm, well I'll take that into consideration. Would you say the second and third season is better than the first?

I binge watched the first half of season one because I have a lot of down time at work, but didn't find it all that compelling other than Mads Mikkelson's performance. After that I did an episode every two days, and it honestly felt like more of a chore than anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my all time favorites.

Funny to see some hate for Red Dragon on here. Hannibal was a mess imo. Red Dragon, though, was almost exactly how I imagined it in my head as I read the book; all the way down to camera angles, delivery of lines and landscaping of the victims' homes.

Hmm, well I'll take that into consideration. Would you say the second and third season is better than the first?

I binge watched the first half of season one because I have a lot of down time at work, but didn't find it all that compelling other than Mads Mikkelson's performance. After that I did an episode every two days, and it honestly felt like more of a chore than anything.

I wouldn't say it was better than the first. I usually recommend that people watch the whole run even though it was technically cancelled before the writers planned content ran dry.

One of my all time favorites.

Funny to see some hate for Red Dragon on here. Hannibal was a mess imo. Red Dragon, though, was almost exactly how I imagined it in my head as I read the book; all the way down to camera angles, delivery of lines and landscaping of the victims' homes.

I enjoyed Red Dragon more than Hannibal. The books were all off the charts good with Hannibal as the best, I thought.

Manhunter is awesome. The main actor, I can't recall his name, but he's amazing in that role. He later went on to play on CSI. Very underrated actor and was perfect for this part. I loved Manhunter way more than Lambs. And then Hannibal..... ugh, what a mess that movie was. You should skip that one for sure.

If you haven't seen this yet you're in for a treat

The Manhunter soundtrack is fecking badass.

Manhunter is great. Petersen is quite underrated in it. Fuck Red Dragon though. Even that top notch cast couldn't bring it up to snuff against Manhunter.

Goodbye horses...

It was a lot scarirer when I was a kid. As an adult I was more into the thriller aspect of the film I was also extremely attracted to Jodie foster as an adult beautiful woman.
Jodie_Foster_5.jpg

jodi-foster.bmp

Watching this movie now cause of you and Zer. Good to watch it with new eyes, I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but I remember being unimpressed with this Lecter. Maybe because he doesn't get much screen time? He's much more subtle than Hopkins'. The first scene between him and Graham is fantastic.

I got the feeling they treated Lecter's character as a criminal more less in Manhunter, but more a center piece in Silence of the lambs. They certainly dressed up the Set for Hopkins compared to what Cox got.

Only thing I could think about is... Put the fuckin! lotion! in the basket! o_O

Back