Signs point to the UFC's potential bait-and-switch trick on Khabib with Conor/Ferguson

Interesting theory. Personally, I think that Dana's plan is to make Khabib miss weight, to make Tony trip over a cable again, to make Conor attack an airplane and to make Pettis tear his ACL during the open workout. Wouldn't that be genius? Or maybe, just maybe, Dana hopes that nobody will pull out.

2 years ago Khabib was not champion or #1 contender, so you start off with a fail

Not even gonna continue
<TrumpWrong1>

2 years ago Khabib was supposed to fight Alvarez at UFC 205 for the belt until Alvarez took the less risk-mor reward Mcgregor fight...

They'd be pissing away the work McGregor and Khabib did in promoting their fight. Mainly with the bus - dolly incident that got world wide exposure, that the UFC is now cashing in on with this PPV Card.

The bus incident already happened. All they did was take those video clips and put them together in a short trailer that many MMA fans can do better. They didn't lose anything.

As for the promotion of the fight - Conor basically went to the press conference to promote the whiskey brand that him and the UFC will profit from. They don't lose anything.

Speaking of the conference, notice how they did not spend a lot of money renting out a large forum and had no fans there?

here's what will happen:

conor will pull out at the last minute with a sore toe or something else that doesn't take a long time to heal
khabib will fight ferguson
but conor will be healed up in time for UFC 230 and he will fight GSP for the inaugural 165lb belt

CONOR BLESS

Maybe, but I think Khabib beats Ferg too.

***Signs that the UFC will switch Ferguson in to fight Khabib at the last minute***

Latest news: Aug 31, 2018
Mayweather vs Mcgregor 2 is in Talks According to Mayweather Sr:

(Big thank you to Sherdogger @Wormwood for breaking this news! See his thread here
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/m...-in-talks-according-to-mayweather-sr.3819889/)​

1. Ferguson "miraculously recovered" from his "freak leg injury"
2. The UFC put Ferguson on the same card as Khabib vs. Conor

3. Khabib vs. Conor have had VERY little promotional effort behind it... this is quite strange considering this is Conor's supposed "return after many years to reclaim 'his belt'"... WHERE ARE THE HYPES?

4. The fight is 2 weeks away, and their press conference looked like a last-minute afterthought. They did not have any fans in like when Conor fought Aldo or Mayweather!

The last time when Conor fought Aldo and Mayweather, the UFC did MONTHS of heavy promotions, world tours, trailers, etc..

Where are the official UFC promos for Khabib vs. Conor? Where are the world tours?

did the ufc pulla bait and switch on conor when he was supposed to fight aldo?

I called this long ago!! This is all marketing, Conor made UFC relevant again and he will pull out do to a mysterious injury like he torn his ACL, or something then he will make a comeback against nate diaz because he will say “ I still want to fight khabib but I haven’t fought in 2.5 years, and im coming off a injury i gotta get fight under my belt before i fight khabib.

if khabib beats tony, Conor will always say I pulled out 1st time ever due to injury and both khabib and Ferguson pulled out many times you cant prevent injury sometimes meanwhile conor makes money through whiskey he made and had press conference he is relevant his name is in the news, and UFC still cashes in in the final of khabib vs tony that seemed would never happen finally happens, both guys would accept because there is no preparation needed both guys already prepared 4 times already for each other

Ferguson is a tougher matchup for Conor imo

But the UFC is shady as...
4152E32F-F630-416F-BD48-946225455728.jpeg
...so who knows.

Khabib is the one pulling out because of a financial dispute between his manager and the UFC.

Khabib would just have to say no, and the UFC would be powerless. Also Conor wouldnt agree to it. If Conor wants money fights then if Tony and Khabib fights, the loser would no longer be a money fight. Also if te conspiracy is correct, why strip Conor?

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

Everyone saw what happened.

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after avoiding him like the plague for 2 years, going as far as letting his LW belt stripped - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential bait-and-switch trick Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) as a last-minute replacement to take Khabib by surprise.
Ferguson's manager (Audie Attar) is also Conor's manager! Keep this in mind!

3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

The stupidity of this post...

Khabib would just have to say no, and the UFC would be powerless.

Lots of pressure is on Khabib to accept the replacement. The UFC have done this many times before by having Dana going publicly to lie, trash the reputation of the fighters who refused the short notice fight, and blame them if the fight falls apart. Gastellum and Jones come to mind. I'm sure there are tons of better examples, but I couldn't think of them at the moment.

Also Conor wouldnt agree to it. If Conor wants money fights then if Tony and Khabib fights, the loser would no longer be a money fight.

Conor is waiting for Mayweather 2. (please see the video of Mayweather sr. talking about the rematch being in talk). He makes more money against Mayweather than any fights in the UFC.

Also if te conspiracy is correct, why strip Conor?

You mean why strip him of the LW belt?

The UFC let him held that title without defending it since November 2016 till April 2018. He was perfectly healthy. This has never happened in UFC history.

First, they let him come up with BS excuses such as his girlfriend is pregnant, so he cannot fight (LOL!). They kept delaying it until they ran out of excuses and couldn't keep the belt hostage much longer, so they finally had to strip him.

Conor isn't scared of Khabib.

Ferguson is on the card as a backup, in case either Conor or Khabib fall off due to injury or weight cut.

I didn’t think Conor would fight Khabib either man but just admit he proved us wrong m8

He still gonna get smeshed tho

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

Everyone saw what happened.

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after avoiding him like the plague for 2 years, going as far as letting his LW belt stripped - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential bait-and-switch trick Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) as a last-minute replacement to take Khabib by surprise.
Ferguson's manager (Audie Attar) is also Conor's manager! Keep this in mind!

3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

Those son of a bitches...

Back