Significant Other with mental issues...

Best of luck. It doesn't get any easier, and in fact, it is most likely to get worse.

I don't think anyone deserves anything. But when she is at her worse I would say no.
I don't know if it's possible for significant others to detach themselves during episodes. To purposely not engage the mental behavior, thus not enabling it. Try as we might, we cannot coerce others into mental health. We can only tolerate it and it's up to us how long. The barometer is how long you can stand it, knowing not only will it NOT get any better it might get worse.

That's part of the issue. Sometimes sex is the answer. She will go forever and its great and her mood is fine.
Other times if I were to even try she would punch me in the face. Its still every day just about but its a roller coaster.
that sounds fun and hot.

She definitely does and I understand better than most. I just wish that she would heed my advice about getting some help. I'm always gonna have her back. Thanks for being the first one to not suggest to the lefting her. I love that crazy, typical woman.

Also, and i might just do this myself... take note of her period cycle, my bitch goes bat shit crazy like a week before her period and well, someone has to be the lighting rod, and im right there so.... at least then you'll be able to think oh yeah its crazy time and be less likely to stand your ground over whatever the fuck she's going on about.

Also, if you have a kid, she might balance out as mine did. I swear the hormonal imbalance went normal after we concieved a child and it lasted like 6 months after so for like 15 months my woman was crazy free. Women are really complicated bruh, too much to explain...

I have dated girls with mental health issues....

specifically Bi-Polar...

and it was incredibly exhausting...one moment the world was her oyster...and the next moment...it was ", you don't love me....you're going to leave me....you think I'm crazy!!"

I would seriously have to plan my night like this during her Depressive states.

8 Am - 2Pm: College courses/Studying

230pm - 830pm : Work.

900-10pm: Get my GF to stop crying...convince her I'm not leaving...

10pm-1 am: hold her, spoon her and cheer her up....

If by any luck, I would get like 5 hours of sleep.

It was tough...
five hours sleep is plenty.

Can't say you feel bad for her and then sneak a jab in unrelated threads.

As shitty as it comes off she's highly confident, rather secure in who she is, and strongly feels superior. She might not be so intolerable or obnoxious to deal with. She also discusses things like a man which may help.
on-the-internet-nobody-knows-youre-a-dog-meme-1.jpg

funny how online you can create a whole different persona for yourself.

Ha. This is my exact situation.
My ex was ok until I ended it. Then all shit broke loose. I have encountered every mental illness but this took every angle of psychology to overcome. I wouldn't wish that on anyone

I'm currently dating a woman with Borderline Personality Disorder. I love her to death but I have never been tested so thoroughly in my life. Sometimes I wonder when I will reach my limit. I have my own issues as well but I think that time will come sooner than I think.

Does anyone else have any advice or experience to impart about this kind of situation? I love the girl but damn. I don't know what do sometimes.

Don't stick your dick in crazy!

Banchan's poor future boyfriend/husband can relate
Honestly i dont want to make it personal but you wrote plenty of times you legit have mental issues and needed therapy. Why are you focusing all your hatred on me because i outed you as a fake korean american pretending to be a korean national? Were these stories about stalking baristas and eating pigeons some kind of mental escape or therapy lesson for you and now youre pissed i ruined your mighty plan?? If i bother you that much i will ignore your posts but you keep tagging me. Maybe you should stop, this seems unhealthy.

Borderlines used to be considered completely untreatable. While that's known to be technically incorrect today, some treatments work a little bit, it's true for the most part. You might be drawing comparisons with your experience of being bipolar and thinking that she can recover the way you did. You can take some pills and function mostly normally. She can't do that, no pills can fix her. Borderline PD is permanent, it's one of the bad ones. She could be 10 years in therapy and still act in ways that are insane, like all the therapy never happened. Understand that's what you're getting yourself into.

Take this back to the designated thread buds.

I had another GF....

when she was on birth control pills it completely fu*ked with her psyche...

I mean, we're talking Dr. Jeckyll /Ms. Bitch type of radical transformations...

I recall one night, like it was yesterday...I was doing the dishes (we didn't have a dishwasher, and yes we sounded poor) and I happened to spill some water on her coffee maker...

HOOLLLLLYYYY SHIIIITTT.

she freaked out, like full on break down like I cheated on her and/or fu*ked her sister...

Intense romantic love fades and what is left determines whether you can spend the rest of your life with that person. Do you actually enjoy being around her?

There's so many easy going chicks out there dude...not worth it IMO.

Back