Significant Other with mental issues...

SowingSeason

And then they went on to say...
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm currently dating a woman with Borderline Personality Disorder. I love her to death but I have never been tested so thoroughly in my life. Sometimes I wonder when I will reach my limit. I have my own issues as well but I think that time will come sooner than I think.

Does anyone else have any advice or experience to impart about this kind of situation? I love the girl but damn. I don't know what do sometimes.

I'm currently dating a woman with Borderline Personality Disorder. I love her to death but I have never been tested so thoroughly in my life. Sometimes I wonder when I will reach my limit. I have my own issues as well but I think that time will come sooner than I think.

Does anyone else have any advice or experience to impart about this kind of situation? I love the girl but damn. I don't know what do sometimes.

I think if my mother ever sought treatment they'd diagnose her with that; only thing is her 'highs' aren't that high but when she's down it gets pretty bad.

Honestly, I don't think it gets better and if she's wearing on you during the madly in love phase it might be too much.

Some people are just not made for the world of long term relationships. Maybe me included; just live without fear and do your best. Good luck.

Jesus Christ, get plenty of rest whenever you can. That's it all you can do. I assume leaving her is not yet an option, but I wouldn't rule it out if I were you. I've seen your pic. You can do better.

just scissor it out of her

Jesus Christ, get plenty of rest whenever you can. That's it all you can do. I assume leaving her is not yet an option, but I wouldn't rule it out if I were you. I've seen your pic. You can do better.

lol I think she is pretty damn fine but thanks.

just scissor it out of her

That's part of the issue. Sometimes sex is the answer. She will go forever and its great and her mood is fine.
Other times if I were to even try she would punch me in the face. Its still every day just about but its a roller coaster.

Living with someone who has a mental disorder is hard. I guess you should imagine yourself with her forever. Would your life be filled with more regret by staying?

Living with someone who has a mental disorder is hard. I guess you should imagine yourself with her forever. Would your life be filled with more regret by staying?

I have a mental disorder. I'm bipolar. Had my break. Went to the hospital. But I acknowledged my issues and I stay on top of it now. I work out, I'm medicated, I'm going to school. I do what fixes my issues.

She still hasn't gotten to that point yet. If she never did then I would regret staying. Yes. Because I would always feel like she is a threat to the progress that I have made.

I have dated girls with mental health issues....

specifically Bi-Polar...

and it was incredibly exhausting...one moment the world was her oyster...and the next moment...it was ", you don't love me....you're going to leave me....you think I'm crazy!!"

I would seriously have to plan my night like this during her Depressive states.

8 Am - 2Pm: College courses/Studying

230pm - 830pm : Work.

900-10pm: Get my GF to stop crying...convince her I'm not leaving...

10pm-1 am: hold her, spoon her and cheer her up....

If by any luck, I would get like 5 hours of sleep.

It was tough...

I have dated girls with mental health issues....

specifically Bi-Polar...

and it was incredibly exhausting...one moment the world was her oyster...and the next moment...it was ", you don't love me....you're going to leave me....you think I'm crazy!!"

I would seriously have to plan my night like this during her Depressive states.

8 Am - 2Pm: College courses/Studying

230pm - 830pm : Work.

900-10pm: Get my GF to stop crying...convince her I'm not leaving...

10pm-1 am: hold her, spoon her and cheer her up....

If by any luck, I would get like 5 hours of sleep.

It was tough...

On bad days, this is pretty close to what I deal with except its always her threatening to leave me. I just stay calm and let her flip because you're either gonna leave or you're not.

If you want my honest advice, don't stay with someone that has borderline personality disorder.

If things don't work out, you'll wish you had ended it a long time ago.

Banchan's poor future boyfriend/husband can relate
Can't say you feel bad for her and then sneak a jab in unrelated threads.

As shitty as it comes off she's highly confident, rather secure in who she is, and strongly feels superior. She might not be so intolerable or obnoxious to deal with. She also discusses things like a man which may help.

If you want my honest advice, don't stay with someone that has borderline personality disorder.

Thank you for your honesty.

I would like the shit out of this post if I didn't hate your guts.

Back