sign of the interest in Khabib vs Conor

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Throughout the whole youtube age, I have never seen anything in MMA like this:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=conor+khabib+promo

Much less for a fight that hasn't even been announced. Fan made promo after promo in record time.

Who knows how much that actually means in terms of predicting casual interest/PPV numbers/total audience/etc. But for what it is worth... never seen a result like that for any other fight (much less one that is unannounced) since I've been watching.

Guessing WME knows the potential this fight has, as I'd imagine they're looking for a payday and can see the writing on the walls here.

EDIT: Have a new favorite to bump this thread. Wish it'd go a little heavier on the actual fight highlights but the drama before the fight parts is nice.

IF this fight actually gets made it'll be massive.
EDIT 2:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
The UFC wants to get as many Rubles out of Khabib as they can. They know the potential of a fight between Khabib and Conor.

I like this one for originality/play on the Rocky theme. Because instead of the predictable Rocky 4 scenario it has a cool Rocky 3 angle... Conor making the big bucks while the hungry Khabib tears through the whole division, waiting for the minute to pounce

I think that one's good too, despite ending out of nowhere. Really watching through some of these kind of makes you want to get all the best elements from these 500 videos and make a perfect one

It'll be so sad when Conor does something outrageous to avoid fighting.

Again.

It will be massive in terms of online hits and interest, as Conor and Khabib were the most searched for fighters last year (atleast on Sherdog). Whether or not t becomes anymore successful with PPV's than the Diaz fights remain to be seen tho, as Khabib's fan base does not buy PPV's or shell out the big bucks that McGregor's fans do to watch him.

For the real dans tho, this has been the fight we have wanted to see since 2014. Both guys proved they were markedly better than their peers and have steam rolled truly amazing fighters in a fashion we did not think was possible.

Much less for a fight that hasn't even been announced. Fan made promo after promo in record time.

Who knows how much that actually means in terms of predicting casual interest/PPV numbers/total audience/etc. But for what it is worth... never seen a result like that for any other fight (much less one that is unannounced) since I've been watching.

Guessing WME knows the potential this fight has, as I'd imagine they're looking for a payday and can see the writing on the walls here.

Call me skeptical I'm betting these "fan made" videos are WME interns told to viral market this idea. That's why they're happening in "record time". They hope it catches on and pray conor will see $$$ and sign for a reasonable price.

Big payday not only for those guys, but also anyone getting ppv cut. Lots of fighters will want to be on that card.

It will be massive in terms of online hits and interest, as Conor and Khabib were the most searched for fighters last year (atleast on Sherdog). Whether or not t becomes anymore successful with PPV's than the Diaz fights remain to be seen tho, as Khabib's fan base does not buy PPV's or shell out the big bucks that McGregor's fans do to watch him.

For the real dans tho, this has been the fight we have wanted to see since 2014. Both guys proved they were markedly better than their peers and have steam rolled truly amazing fighters in a fashion we did not think was possible.
I don't think you can do it like that really though (last part of your first paragraph). It is always a combination of both fighters rather than pooling two fanbases. Diaz/Conor did a lot not so much because there was a huge Nate Diaz fanbase fueling PPV sales for instance. It was the two of them combined. Khabib/Conor is like that but stronger IMO. Besides, as you allude to, if you interest the Conor fans (casuals) they are the ones that drive the sales. And you can bet they'll be plenty interested in his Khabib who is played up as his mortal enemy, much moreso than Nate was the first time for sure.
Call me skeptical I'm betting these "fan made" videos are WME interns told to viral market this idea. That's why they're happening in "record time". They hope it catches on and pray conor will see $$$ and sign for a reasonable price.
Hm anything is possible I guess. But if they're doing that they've certainly never done it before anywhere near to this level whatsoever.

Conor will never fight Khabib.

He's so ducking and scared it will never happen.

Give me 30 likes.

It'll be so sad when Conor does something outrageous to avoid fighting.

Again.

or someone gets injured regularly or gets injured for 2 years straight or misses weight for the weight class hes faught in all his life to the extent that he has go go to hospital.
khabib gets wobbly at the knees at even the thought of fighting a top fighter, thats why hes only fought one good fighter after 10ufc fights lol.

or someone gets injured regularly or gets injured for 2 years straight or misses weight for the weight class hes faught in all his life to the extent that he has go go to hospital.
khabib gets wobbly at the knees at even the thought of fighting a top fighter, thats why hes only fought one good fighter after 10ufc fights lol.

Lmao triggered.

Cocainor is an Instagram model. He's not fighting because he's hurt, it's by choice.

Is it crazy how even in Conor’s worst moment, he sets up potentially his greatest? It almost won’t even matter if he loses.

Big payday not only for those guys, but also anyone getting ppv cut. Lots of fighters will want to be on that card.
Rumour out of negotiatons at the end of last year was that Conor didn't want fighters with ppv cuts on the card outside of his fight to maximize his earnings. Not sure if that will be how it plays out but that was the rumour.

The Bus Hypejob did its work!

Back