Sick Women's Sanda Knockout

That's the kick I got my green belt in TSD with. We were sparring at the end of the test and I did that and it landed. The instructor was like (not in these words but) WTF are you doing? I was like 'what you taught me this, am I not supposed to use it in actual sparring?'

That's the kick I got my green belt in TSD with. We were sparring at the end of the test and I did that and it landed. The instructor was like (not in these words but) WTF are you doing? I was like 'what you taught me this, am I not supposed to use it in actual sparring?'
nice I did tsd aswell but never tried anything but the spinning back kick. im more used to seeing this in tkd.

nice I did tsd aswell but never tried anything but the spinning back fist. im more used to seeing this in tkd.

I got insanely lucky. TSD was my first style because it was what I had in my small hometown, but the instructor was this bad ass former Korean special forces sniper dude, and his curriculum was TOTALLY rogue. When we went to the regional black belt test all the dozens of other schools were doing the required curriculum which was super lame step block punch or whatever and we were doing full speed shoulder throws on hardwood floors with no mats.* He had five blackbelts in various styles and was a former pro fighter, so we incorporated a lot of grappling and boxing and what not. One of his former styles was TKD so we learned that crazy spinning shit. He just never told me it wasn't necessarily practical, and thus I landed it on some dudes face in my test. :)

* His older brother was the organization's founder so they were like "just whatever... get your students off the floor and stop making us look terrible but don't fire us."

I got insanely lucky. TSD was my first style because it was what I had in my small hometown, but the instructor was this bad ass former Korean special forces sniper dude, and his curriculum was TOTALLY rogue. When we went to the regional black belt test all the dozens of other schools were doing the required curriculum which was super lame step block punch or whatever and we were doing full speed shoulder throws on hardwood floors with no mats. He had five blackbelts in various styles and was a former pro fighter, so we incorporated a lot of grappling and boxing and what not. One of his former styles was TKD so we learned that crazy spinning shit. He just never told me it wasn't necessarily practical, and thus I landed it on some dudes face in my test. :)
haha nice bro :) yeah my teach was a korean aswell. He encorporated alot of throws,trips and even taught elbows. He was awesome and we did full contact sparring. Great time in my life.

Back