Locked Sicaro Sequel SOLDADO (First Trailer Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: April 1, 2016

SICARIO 2 to Bring Back Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin

oycA3db.jpg

Last September, it was reported that a Sicario sequel was in development at Lionsgate. So while the studio may not see it as awards bait, they definitely see some franchise potential. Taylor Sheridan, who penned the first film, is also writing the sequel, and producers Molly Smith and twins Trent and Thad Luckinbill tell THR that they’ve recently received a draft. Trent goes on to say:

"It’s a great big world. We can’t reveal the plot, but you’ll see [Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin] all come back. You have such a great character with Benicio, who was as dark as he was and still so loved. That character resonates so well with audiences. People want to know what happened to him, so it’s a perfect foray for us to explore. Obviously we would love it if Denis could [direct]. He’s a busy man, but he’s certainly part of the process with us right now."

Del Toro’s enigmatic character definitely seems like the most promising one to follow, and even if they don’t get Villeneuve, Sheridan has definitely set up a rich world full of dark intrigue. While serious dramas like Sicario rarely get sequels, there’s definitely room to explore the characters as well as what they represent in the doomed war on drugs.

‘Sicario 2’ to Bring Back Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro, and Josh Brolin

Emily's character was weak. I can't imagine her making the cut as a Fed in real life.

seriously you have to, its phenomenal, amazing acting and so fucked up it actually looks realistic

you have to see it

In real life Emily Blunt's character would've been killed.

The end dinner scene made the move worth watching

8/10

Last edited:
If you name your kid Benicio Del Toro, he will simply be destined for great things.

In real life Emily Blunt's character would've been killed.

Yeah i thought the same and not even back at her apartment, she would've have been shot in the tunnels and wrote off as KIA

I was pleasantly surprised.

Del Toro kicked ass. A solid 8/10 for what it was.

Was decent. Should've dumped the female lead, it made the story less interesting and less realistic.

I enjoyed it , yes unrealistic when he went army of one , Super Hit man at the end but fuck that was entertaining

Yeah a prosecutor turned into an assassin

Like daredevil or something

Yeah i thought the same and not even back at her apartment, she would've have been shot in the tunnels and wrote off as KIA

She could've easily been killed in the first shootout at the border checkpoint.

It was good. It's tough to find a realistic film based on the subject matter.

I think I've taken out the spoilers in the following - I only watched the once, so can someone explain to me why Brolin was helping Toro find the kingpin? Was it for the greater good? As wasn't Toro a rather unsavoury character too? Or have I totally missed something?

I need to watch again.

It was good. It's tough to find a realistic film based on the subject matter.

I think I've taken out the spoilers in the following - I only watched the once, so can someone explain to me why Brolin was helping Toro find the kingpin? Was it for the greater good? As wasn't Toro a rather unsavoury character too? Or have I totally missed something?

I need to watch again.

the cia wanted the columbian cartel in charge, they wanted to deal with one cartel that they could "influence"(maybe wrong word) over the Mexican cartels

If you like this watch the prequel... Narcos lol.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. BDT has been killing it for awhile. Cant wait for the sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back