Shoyoroll's Batch 10 *pic*

haha, i was going to say the same thing about defending your neck.

anybody noticed these issues with their Americana? I just got one and I'm wondering about it.

I've rolled in the Americana a few times and haven't noticed anything.

I always wear a rashguard or compression top under my gi, so that might make a difference.

For everyone getting scratched, have you tried using cotton tape on the area before you roll?

no issues with my americana

and FWIW, I always wear a rashie under my gi... my skin is too sensitive :icon_chee
seriously though.

No problems at all with my Americana.. It's stupidly comfy unlike the Compadre because of the damn tape in the neck area. I also wear a rash guard and it still scratches crap our of me

I have a batch 9 yang and it is my favorite Gi of all time.

I have a batch 9 yang and it is my favorite Gi of all time.

Rolled in my ComPadre for the first time last night. Didn't feel anything wrong. My first SYR and Iove. Perfect fit.

It prompted me to get a Yang off eBay, which I got last night. What a sick gi. The pants are some of the best.

yes i have batch 9 also and it doesn't have the same tape.

used it again last night and didnt have any problems, but i also didnt get choked at all this time.

a rash guard would fix the problem, but i hate wearing them under gi, especially in summer.

i was thinking some sort of electrical tape over the neck line maybe? im sure it could come off straight away though :(

i dont want to use fabric softener and risk the strength of the gi, also dont think u could remove the tape without damage to the gi?

other than that, perfect gi, so its a real shame.

yes i have batch 9 also and it doesn't have the same tape.

used it again last night and didnt have any problems, but i also didnt get choked at all this time.

a rash guard would fix the problem, but i hate wearing them under gi, especially in summer.

i was thinking some sort of electrical tape over the neck line maybe? im sure it could come off straight away though :(

i dont want to use fabric softener and risk the strength of the gi, also dont think u could remove the tape without damage to the gi?

other than that, perfect gi, so its a real shame.

i'm pretty sure fabric softner used conservatively will not risk the strength of the gi...and the tape looks like it could be removed, probably be a pain in the ass though!

Omg just take the taping out and quit the whining. My compadre is fine after a wash.

Omg just take the taping out and quit the whining. My compadre is fine after a wash.

you kidding? why the fuck should a GI that I waited 6 months for, cut my neck? Why should I have to alter it and ruin resale value? I've washed it inside out, 4 times.

Can't you complain to Shoyoroll ?

I know their customer service is good.

Shoyoroll announced Batch 11 on their Facebook page. Now I'm a SYR fan and I don't mind the wait but the thing that upsets me, in this particular situation, is that there are still people who haven't received their Compadres and/or Americanas yet.

some people still haven't gotten there gi's yet? since budo nor shoyoroll has ever addressed this i'm sure those people won't get it till next year.

My friend and I ordered 3 gi's from Budo. 2 Compdre's and 1 Americana. They only shipped them last week after we sent a email asking where our order was. The next day they shipped. Not good service from Budo at all with zero communication.

im just gonna sell my compadre, tried to wear it again and its just too annoying.

im just gonna sell my compadre, tried to wear it again and its just too annoying.

was getting my gear ready for tomorrow's class and picked the Compadre as my gi for the day. First time wearing again since my initial uncomfortable experience. Tried on the jacket before throwing in the dryer on fluff to soften it up as I do with all gi's the day I wear. Once again I was instantly reminded of the scratching. Took a close look at the taping and noticed a loose thread. Began to pull on it and then broke out the good ole seam ripper...15 minutes later I have one comfy gi, just like my Americana which fits well and is super soft and comfy.

Taping or gi were not damaged at all. Thought about washing the taping a few times alone in a handwrap bag to see if that softens it up enough to have my seamstress sew it back in....Prolly will just leave it out though...Either way my Compadre is now tolerable to train in!!!

was getting my gear ready for tomorrow's class and picked the Compadre as my gi for the day. First time wearing again since my initial uncomfortable experience. Tried on the jacket before throwing in the dryer on fluff to soften it up as I do with all gi's the day I wear. Once again I was instantly reminded of the scratching. Took a close look at the taping and noticed a loose thread. Began to pull on it and then broke out the good ole seam ripper...15 minutes later I have one comfy gi, just like my Americana which fits well and is super soft and comfy.

Taping or gi were not damaged at all. Thought about washing the taping a few times alone in a handwrap bag to see if that softens it up enough to have my seamstress sew it back in....Prolly will just leave it out though...Either way my Compadre is now tolerable to train in!!!

I just checked it out and it does look like you could just take out the stitching and the tape would come off. are you sure it does nothing for the gi? thats so weird that they would even put it on there, I definitely might have a go at that with mine!!

just spend about 15-30 mins taking off the tape with a knife, i must say the results are amazing. im so happy i did this, its a perfect gi now!

I just checked it out and it does look like you could just take out the stitching and the tape would come off. are you sure it does nothing for the gi? thats so weird that they would even put it on there, I definitely might have a go at that with mine!!

yea removing it does not affect other parts of the gi. The stitching is not connected to anything else at all. Now we get to enjoy our g's:)

you kidding? why the fuck should a GI that I waited 6 months for, cut my neck? Why should I have to alter it and ruin resale value? I've washed it inside out, 4 times.

Haha resale value.. of course. If that's the case then just keep it in the bag new so the resale value is at it's highest. Then there's no need to worry about the itchy taping. I was just offering a simple solution to a "big" problem some people were having.

Haha resale value.. of course. If that's the case then just keep it in the bag new so the resale value is at it's highest. Then there's no need to worry about the itchy taping. I was just offering a simple solution to a "big" problem some people were having.

I bought it to use it. If I start taking it apart and it still does not fix the problem for me, reselling could become a problem, bro.

I bought it to use it. If I start taking it apart and it still does not fix the problem for me, reselling could become a problem, bro.

Dude, people will buy it even if it has stains for stupid prices. It's a syr, you can at least get what you paid for plus a little extra.

Back