Media Showtime employed analyst demonstrates his depth of knowledge

Yea I posted it in the other thread. Joe Rogan's dummy is dumb as fuck... He basically said that Fury won 114-112.

Two 10-8 rounds means that you won 2 rounds, not 4 rounds.
You can't translate it into the entire 12 rounds, because it differs from the concept..

Maybe ask for a second opinion next time before you record it and post it.

Last edited:
In his explanation he is missing two points..

He can't do maths. Schaub is a moron.

Yea I posted it in the other thread. Joe Rogan's dummy is dumb as fuck... He basically said that Fury won 114-112.

You can't translate it into the entire 12 rounds, because it differs from the concept..

Yeah, Schaub seems to think that a 10-8 round is the same as winning two rounds. For the record I actually like Schaub, think he seems like a really kind guy. He just isn't well educated in the space.

In the boxing scoring system.

He's such a retard. Dud you see his Polaris lost interview ffs. I didn't know you can sit down in you jitsu. Scumbag. Such an utter retard. Dude his arse hole so far down Espinoza's arm unbelievable. Rogan has to tell him off all the time. Jesus like retarded dog who keeps on shitting on the playground when there's a field just over the bridge.

Well TECHNICALLY Wilder won 4 rounds on Tapper's card. But because you need to deduct 2 more points from Fury in those 4 rounds (basing it on 1 Knockdown from a common to 10-9 score to 10-8.) I think Tapper only gave Wilder 2 rounds in his overall judgement. In other words, had it not been for the knockdowns, Tapper would've given an Adelaide Byrd score of 118-110. It's as simple as that, assuming Tapper thought that Wilder would be consistent in losing most rounds...hard to tell, but all judges had honest scoring.

Well we all know there can be different combinations to get 114-112, but in the context of Tapper's card, he only gave Wilder 2 rounds OUTSIDE of 2 Knockdown rounds, so in ESSENCE it could be translated as 4 rounds MAX + 2 points to Wilder's overall score. So that's how you get 114-112. Ronchin had a good card as well, and the Brit judge had the MOST realistic card which I find very odd. Unsung hero tbh

Well, considering Showtime decided to give him a platform on the basis of his ridiculous nuthugging commentary in the run up to Mayweather/McGregor, this level of stupidity shouldn't be too surprising to them.

Yeah, Schaub seems to think that a 10-8 round is the same as winning two rounds. For the record I actually like Schaub, think he seems like a really kind guy. He just isn't well educated in the space.
I'm seeing this mistake a lot too. One fan here scored it 114-114 and had them winning 6 rounds each

Also, a knockdown doesn't necessarily mean 10-8. If you do enough to even it up, it can be a 10-9 or even 10-10.

It's just that most people won't complain about a 10-8, because all they remember is the knockdown, or maybe they're not educated enough like Joe Rogan's dummy.

Judges should know better though.

Freddie Roach making the same mistake at 0:47... Apparently Andre Ward did too. It's interesting that people who've been in boxing forever are not aware of it.

typical casual boxing fan. this is why this board get shitted up with robbery posts after every close fight.

every one of us knows he’s not saying that two 10-8’s literally means you won 4 rounds. christ you guys are sticklers.

Also, a knockdown doesn't necessarily mean 10-8. If you do enough to even it up, it can be a 10-9 or even 10-10.

It's just that most people won't complain about a 10-8, because all they remember is the knockdown, or maybe they're not educated enough like Joe Rogan's dummy.

Judges should know better though.
No judge is scoring a round with a KD 10-10. That would be pure robbery. The number of times a judge scored a round 10-9 with a KD, you could count on your fingers the big fights thats happened in.

I'll tell you what would be controversial is if a fight ended up being a draw after a judge scored a KD round 10-9 instead of 10-8.

KD is an extra point. Thats just how it is. Like the field goal in football.

every one of us knows he’s not saying that two 10-8’s literally means you won 4 rounds. christ you guys are sticklers.
I think this is what this forum is going to be after every big fight that doesn't end in KO. People who don't understand the sport insisting that people don't understand the sport and then ranting about how bad boxing is.

Schaub is a Showtime shill and generally a horrible person.

In 10 point must system a fighter loses a point if knocked down. While this usual translates to 10-8, a strong reply from a flash knock down could result in a 10-9 round. If they both get knocked down, the judges could score 9-9 as the have both lost a point.
You could argue that Fury did enough after the first knockdown to make it 10-9.
The second knockdown was a 10-8 all day.

If they both get knocked down, the judges could score 9-9 as the have both lost a point.

That would put the 10 points MUST system out of force. With the rest I agree... Seano is talking out of his butthole, just like the guy he quoted.

No judge is scoring a round with a KD 10-10. That would be pure robbery. The number of times a judge scored a round 10-9 with a KD, you could count on your fingers the big fights thats happened in.

I'll tell you what would be controversial is if a fight ended up being a draw after a judge scored a KD round 10-9 instead of 10-8.

KD is an extra point. Thats just how it is. Like the field goal in football.

Like Pacman/Marquez 1, only reasons the fight was a draw was because one of the judges didn't give Pac credit for 3 knockdowns, only 2.

That would put the 10 points MUST system out of force. With the rest I agree... Seano is talking out of his butthole, just like the guy he quoted.
I've seen rounds scored 10-10, 9-9, 8-8 over the years. It's all down to the judges.
Some people forget that what we see on TV is nothing like what the judges see. They don't have overly excitable colour commentary in their ears during the fight, nor do they have instant replays. Added to that, the 3 judges are all watching the fight from different angles. While one gets a great view of inside work, at least one of the other 2 won't.
I think in the fury wilder card, all 3 of the judges agreed on something like 3 of the rounds other than the knockdowns.
Its not poor judging, just circumstance.

Back