Showtime Dec.1st Stevenson vs. Gvozdyk, Chavez vs. Angulo - Split-Site Double

Angulo couldn't be more shot if you emptied an entire clip in him. Disgraceful. This thread exists to anger me.

Wonder who's match helps the other get the extra viewers... Chavezs horrible match against shot Angulo because he has blind following, or Stevenson fight because people want to see him knocked off by a live body finally?

Wonder who's match helps the other get the extra viewers... Chavezs horrible match against shot Angulo because he has blind following, or Stevenson fight because people want to see him knocked off by a live body finally?
I think Adonis has more draw power than Chavez at this point, after that horrible canelo fight

Angulo is gone. Too slow moving now to do any damage.
Chavez will drop him and then stop him in the mid rounds.

Lol! I agree everything you just said about Maldonado

This bit of talk reminded me of how Fedor got it.
85257264.jpg

QUEBEC CITY – Boxing’s longest reigning world champion, Adonis Stevenson, and undefeated, mandatory challenger Oleksandr Gvozdyk faced off Thursday at the final press conference ahead of Stevenson’s 10th defense of his WBC Light Heavyweight Title in a SHOWTIME BOXING: SPECIAL EDITION telecast Saturday, December 1 from Videotron Center in Quebec City.

stevenson-gvozdyk%20(2).jpg

WBC Light Heavyweight World Championship Bout – 12 Rounds

Adonis Stevenson – 174 ¼ pounds

Oleksandr Gvozdyk – 174 ½ pounds

Referee: Michael Griffin (Canada); Judges: Guido Cavalleri (Italy), Mike Ross (USA), Jack Woodburn (Canada)

stevenson-gvozdyk-weights%20(11).jpg

Fabio Maldonado, what the fuck is this?? His 26-0 is complete bullshit and Rivas will slaughter him in 3 rounds. Horrendous mismatch, Maldonado was a decent MMA-fighter turned punching bag. The height of his success was years ago and the decline has been apparent. I wouldn't consider him fit to be a sparring partner to Rivas, let alone fighting him in the ring. I liked Maldonado has a mixed martial artist but this trend of guys putting gloves on and thinking that they can actually box on this level is embarrassing. It's like watching a Ben Stiller-movie. Please make it stop.

I think Stevenson should handle Gvozdyk but since I'm a bonafide hater, I'll go with a mid-round stoppage for Gvozdyk, unlikely as it is. I have never bet on or picked Stevenson for a single win for as long as I remember and I won't change my tone now. Give me great odds on Gvozdyk and I'd put down some cash. #hateroftheyear
Gvozdyk is a sizeable favourite going in. Stevenson’s handlers wouldn’t have taken the fight if they thought Gvozdyk had a chance though.

I hope Gvozdyk gets it done, but it is a tough fight for both men. Gvozdyk is sometimes there to be hit and gets lazy, but Stevenson barely got passed Jack - a good opponent, Gvozdyk is another good, maybe great opponent, so...

I hope Gvozdyk gets it done, but it is a tough fight for both men. Gvozdyk is sometimes there to be hit and gets lazy, but Stevenson barely got passed Jack - a good opponent, Gvozdyk is another good, maybe great opponent, so...

I think we can pretty confidently say that Gvozdyk isn't going to be a great fighter.

I feel like Stevenson gets it done one more time. Jack a better fighter than the Nail, and I thought Adonis edged him.

Nobody has brought up that this a Top Rank co promoted fight and Crazy Bob is at ringside on a PBC card on Showtime

Teddy "Fireman" Atlas is in the corner.

Back