Showtime beats HBO in Viewers

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to Dan Rafael and Nielsen Media Research, Showtime beat HBO in head to head cards for the first time since December 7th, 2013 when Paulie Malignaggi-Zab Judah averaged 640,000 viewers, while HBO’s Guillermo Rigondeaux-Joseph Agbeko averaged 550,000.

Showtime: Santa Cruz-Frampton II peak 643,000 averaged 587,000
Garcia-Zlaticanin peak 617,000 averaged 544,000.

HBO:Vargas-Berchelt peak 549,000 averaged 497,000 viewers
Miura-Roman peak 552,000 averaged 491,000

Counter programming for a niche sport is dumb as fuck.
It is so obvious to me.

For Showtime to pull bigger numbers is a good thing for them though especially considering their lower subscription base.
I loved both cards tbh.

It always seems like the show with the better fights (more exciting, not better match ups) gets less viewers.

If Showtime can get 70% of the ratings of an HBO card, I consider that a win for SHO (given the massive subscriber difference). But right now they just MURKED them.

Counter programming for a niche sport is dumb as fuck.
It is so obvious to me.

For Showtime to pull bigger numbers is a good thing for them though especially considering their lower subscription base.
I loved both cards tbh.
Its one thing for something like the UFC to counter Affliction.

But HBO has a huge budget cut. They used their budget to counter Showtime, and then charge PPV for fights like Cotto/Kirkland.

If Showtime can get 70% of the ratings of an HBO card, I consider that a win for SHO (given the massive subscriber difference). But right now they just MURKED them.
28 million HBO
23 million Showtime

Difference isnt that off. In ratio SHO should get about 80% of HBO or more.
But Crawford/Molina mismatch did like 3-4x SHO when SHO had a much much better card that night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back