Should UFC use a ppv formula similar to how WWE stacks their big 4 events?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Those are always the most stacked cards and draws some of the biggest crowds of the year. I personally feel like UFC would benefit from this the most since the fans would always look forward to those events and know that they’re gonna be stacked to all hell.

I agree - "The Big Four", meaning all events would be structured in a way that guarantees a stacked card with a few title fights. This might also help with product appeal for the general audience if they could "just know" that this particular PPV is the "WrestleMania" or "Survivor Series" of the UFC. It's always a risk of whether a card will be boom-bust, and a Big Four model can increase the booms.

yup. PPV's are so watered down now and the cost is higher. I haven't bought a PPV since GSP vs Bisping.

They should adapt the boxing PPV model. Only PPVs for the big events ala Canelo vs GGG 2

The problem with UFC PPV is that it sells 4-5 fights for $60 instead of the whole 12-13. Drop the price and watch the numbers grow.

Even People that will buy certain events will not buy every single event and the people that stream...nothing will convert them to paying customers

They could cut the price in half, you think that translates into 2x more sales? And even if it did, where’s the profit? Their overhead goes up due to more sales but no revenue increases

Those are always the most stacked cards and draws some of the biggest crowds of the year. I personally feel like UFC would benefit from this the most since the fans would always look forward to those events and know that they’re gonna be stacked to all hell.

100% agree

They should have major events that they can stack on or around the same weekends every year. The marketing and promotion would be built in to the history and tradition of the event.

The WWE doesn't have to tell people why they should watch "this" Wrestlemania or "that" Royal Rumble.

Or how the first Saturday in May is basically reserved for Boxing and the second is The Kentucky Derby. Millions of people watching just because "that's what's going on".

They should just drop the PPV model. Maybe save it for huge fight, like McGregor or Brock.

The key difference is that the WWE stars can perform on basically every card if need be.

Doesn't work for UFC fighters where they actually fight and get hurt.

The key difference is that the WWE stars can perform on basically every card if need be.

Doesn't work for UFC fighters where they actually fight and get hurt.
They could always plan around guys getting hurt by having reliable backups that you know are gonna put asses in the sit.

The problem with UFC PPV is that it sells 4-5 fights for $60 instead of the whole 12-13. Drop the price and watch the numbers grow.

The market knows how to watch all PPVs HD free of charge.

This is an issue...

I used to live I Dubai where all cards were included in a package.

I now live away from my parents.
There are also other ways of viewing all the cards.

There is no incentive in England to watch the cards live because (time issues) by the time we wake up, a free version is up online.

The market knows how to watch all PPVs HD free of charge.

This is an issue...

I used to live I Dubai where all cards were included in a package.

I now live away from my parents.
There are also other ways of viewing all the cards.

There is no incentive in England to watch the cards live because (time issues) by the time we wake up, a free version is up online.

Well in Australia you need Foxtel to get FS1/FS2. Then buy the card on top of that which means $100+ pm just to get a full card.

Yup, one event for season in their biggest markets, let the fight nights have some championship fights that aren't wmma or flyweight., RDA vs Colby for example would have been a great fight night headliner with the winner facing Twood in the Fall PPV.

So long as one is called “Just Bleed”

Don't see it happening. 250k or less will still put money in their pockets... But I wouldn't complain if they had more Fight Night events.

I used to think that too but now big events like those would be too long for me.

Also, it could turn in to disasters with fights getting canceled.

Dunno man.. lots can go wrong and they already do

Back