Should UFC be lowering PPV price, not raising?

$70 on certain providers like fios and spectrum.

My friend who is a hardcore fan now picks and chooses more carefully which cards to buy. He hasn't bought one in around 6 months.

It wouldn't impact business either way short of them having to sell more to make up for the loss.

The sort of person who is going to buy a UFC PPV is going to buy it whether it's 50 bucks or 150 bucks. Like there's a proven baseline for what a show with nothing on it will sell and I doubt if they took it down 5 bucks (or up 5 bucks even), it would have even the slightest difference.
I disagree. Maybe for some but not all. I have a buddy that buys way less ppvs than a year ago. He is their key demo. It doesn't help he has spectrum and they charge an exymtra $5. $70 for hd.

I disagree. Maybe for some but not all. I have a buddy that buys way less ppvs than a year ago. He is their key demo. It doesn't help he has spectrum and they charge an exymtra $5. $70 for hd.

I disagree with your disagreement then, good sir! If this were the case, we'd see a serious degredation in the bottom line. Maybe the faces and names change but a 120K people minimum still buy PPVs that might not be PPVs in another market or time.

Put it this way; the UFC upped their PPV pricing in 2014 and people still went out and paid an increased price for Mighty Mouse PPVs that year. 125K people bought Joe Soto vs TJ Dillashaw on like 24 hours notice. You could argue that an extra 5 bucks is a bridge too far for some but I'm of the belief that the years of empirical evidence speaks volumes about there being a bottom line business regarding PPV numbers.

Make next event 1$

BROKE PPV RECORD NUMBERS 5 MILLION BUYS!!

I feel not all cards should be priced equal. An event with a big fight feel like 200, 202, 205, 207, 214, 217 they can get away with a higher price but cards like 201, 208, 209, 212, 215, and 216 shouldn't cost any more than 30 bucks.

Kenny here,

I just asked my mom's friend who is over right now. He is a rich business guy. He told me that they raised prices because people who buy PPVs will buy even though it is $5 more, but people who don't buy PPVs will not buy regardless of price. He called them freeloaders and he said they will stream online. I'm not sure what that means but he is smart and rich so I will believe him. lol.

they should sell a yearly ppv pass

fight pass pro

Kenny here,

I just asked my mom's friend who is over right now. He is a rich business guy. He told me that they raised prices because people who buy PPVs will buy even though it is $5 more, but people who don't buy PPVs will not buy regardless of price. He called them freeloaders and he said they will stream online. I'm not sure what that means but he is smart and rich so I will believe him. lol.

Stay off the internet.

The cards have been crap lately so they should be worth less.

The UFC recently bumped its PPV price $5 to $54.99 SD and $64.99 HD. With the current trend of low PPV buys, do you think the UFC should actually be lowering its PPV price instead of raising it?

There are multiple upcoming cards that are expected to have low PPV buys, especially with the main event change of UFC 222. There are too many mediocre cards every month that is causing a lack of interest in fans to fork out $55 to watch. IMO, if I'm going to pay $55 for a card, it better be stacked.

With the downward trend in PPV buys, it actually makes sense for the UFC to drop the price for certain cards. I think the UFC should go about a dynamic procing model for its PPV cards. Sure, you can charge $65 for a card that Conor or GSP are headlining, but not a card headlined by Cyborg vs Kunitskaya.

If the UFC lowered its PPV price for certain cards, it could attract a larger buy number, which leads to larger viewership #s. This would then lead to the UFC having more bargaining power with broadcasting companies for its TV deal, as well as its sponsors and advertisers. I think the UFC is hurting itself by raising the price at a time when less people are willing to buy cards that aren't stacked. Thoughts?
It's absurd theu charge the same price for 221 & 223

The UFC PPV's are way over-priced, its too expensive when they have PPV's so often. 13 PPV's last year and it was $60 for each of them, its way too much money. If they did less PPV's then it will be ok. Or they charged much less.

I really don't mind paying for a PPV if I feel its very good quality and worth it. But these days the cards are just not good enough for the price and its not worth it.

$65 might not seem a lot, but when you have a PPV so often it adds up to a lot.

PPV is a ridiculously outdated model and should be moved away from in this day and age. It's 2018.

I don't know anything about the situation in the US. I'm from Europe. The UFC offers their PPVs through the Fight Pass platform for the Europeans. Used to be around 15 bucks a few years ago, now it's 25 bucks. The main card starts at 4am though, so I rarely stay up unless it's a stacked card.

I love Europe! They have the best fries.

They'll never lower the price because this isn't about the fighters it's about the ufc. Fertitta even said thatt

Lowering the price would be an admission that their product is weak. They trick the casuals by pure hype, so weak cards or not they will continue to claim otherwise since it appears to work on their uninformed audience.

If they were @25$ I would buy every one of them

@65 I'll probably buy one or two of they're really good

Pretty funny that regular HD is still 10 bucks extra for one show. At least they don't charge extra for Color.

Back