Should the UFC Cut Cyborg & Concentrate on Building Other Fighters?

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was reading an article and came across this quote that surmises the Cyborg conundrum:

"Speaking of Cyborg, on paper she should be one of the UFC’s biggest stars. However, she’s such a physical outlier that there’s literally nobody out there who can match her. Thus, every time she gets in the cage, she destroys her competition to such an extent that it’s hard to know how good she actually is. The UFC can’t fix this problem. It can’t wave a magic wand and pluck another 5-foot-8 mauler who walks around at 170 pounds out of thin air."

https://nypost.com/2018/03/09/the-ufc-isnt-broken-its-fighters-are/amp/

Discuss...

Edit: Cyborg is far from a long term investment.

Maximising+profits%2Fsurplus.jpg

Last edited:
And gift $$$ to the competition?

Doubt it.

And with the massive amount of cards each year it's not like she's taking resources/time from other fighters anyway so who are the UFC going to be able to "concentrate on" without her that they can't "concentrate on" with her? If anything being on a Cyborg card would be more beneficial to a low-profile fighter than having them headline as a nobody.

You don't build low-profile fighters by having them headline, you build them by featuring them on cards where a higher-profile fighter is headlining.

Last edited:
Cut an undefeated fighter in your org that's current champ because..... Why now?

Cut an undefeated fighter in your org that's current champ because..... Why now?
Because TS is a moron. He should stick to playing Street Fighter games.

I would like that. I think she deserves her ufc belt but it just ain’t right that she’s fighting 135’rs and the way it’s being marketed. She’s the best but there is no real competition in the ufc. But she is somewhat of a draw so unlikely

Because TS is a moron. He should stick to playing Street Fighter games.

The Cyborg fan club is here. Undefeated means dick when you're obliterating girls that shouldn't be in the octagon in the first place.

Justino is not unbeatable.

Actually, I'll go out on a limb and say that Rousey could beat her.

And before you reply to this post, please see this thread.

Last edited:
Cutting her is dumb as I think she has a place in the UFC. Honestly I don't think people care enough for WMMA to even mind that she has a whole division for herself.

Why would they cut the most dominant female MMA fighter and of all time?

Ban this clown.

Yeah cut the best fighter in her weightclass in the world, makes perfect fucking sense, jesus man the stupidity in this place sometimes...

Not sure, but from a business sense that actually seems like it is the worst idea.

Can't see them cutting Cyborg. Cut the champ? Unlikely. Cut a star that is a real draw? Even less likely.

I was reading an article and came across this quote that surmises the Cyborg conundrum:

"Speaking of Cyborg, on paper she should be one of the UFC’s biggest stars. However, she’s such a physical outlier that there’s literally nobody out there who can match her. Thus, every time she gets in the cage, she destroys her competition to such an extent that it’s hard to know how good she actually is. The UFC can’t fix this problem. It can’t wave a magic wand and pluck another 5-foot-8 mauler who walks around at 170 pounds out of thin air."

https://nypost.com/2018/03/09/the-ufc-isnt-broken-its-fighters-are/amp/

Discuss...

They did (in Holy)... and she still won.
Those excuses are pathetic.

Bellator was able to find 145's
Invicta had 145's.

Only UFC is dumb enough to sign Cyborg, create a 145 division and find no one for Cyborg to fight against...

let her fight nunes

that's the fight everyone wants to see

Back