Should the UFC consider relinquishing all the belts for the fighters ??

glasshouses999

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Should the UFC consider relinquishing all the belts for the fighters and have all the biggest fighters fight one another for belts at open-weight? This could mean more money for the UFC, further enhancing the brand of the company and therefore giving it legitimacy as a sport. You could then call all the belts really cool names like "baddest man on the planet belt", "gangster in a cage" belt or "the ice cold chiller killer" belt. I think this is a good idea for the company's longevity.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Triple reported.

Or the "this belt named by a 12 year old belt" belt

Should the UFC consider relinquishing all the belts for the fighters and have all the biggest fighters fight one another for belts at open-weight? This could mean more money for the UFC, further enhancing the brand of the company and therefore giving it legitimacy as a sport. I think this is a good idea for the company's longevity.
Removing the belts from the champions for something like this would, if anything hurt the legitimacy of the UFC.

No. Dumb idea. Someone has to definitively be named king of the division.

Yep. They should also start holding tag team matches, triple-threat matches, and No Holds Barred matches as well... Right?

Should the UFC consider relinquishing all the belts for the fighters and have all the biggest fighters fight one another for belts at open-weight? This could mean more money for the UFC, further enhancing the brand of the company and therefore giving it legitimacy as a sport. You could then call all the belts really cool names like "baddest man on the planet belt", "gangster in a cage" belt or "the ice cold chiller killer" belt. I think this is a good idea for the company's longevity.
Here is your question rephrased from the fighter view:
Should your company consider firing/ demoting you and giving your job to someone more likeable?

Here is your question rephrased from the fighter view:
Should your company consider firing/ demoting you and giving your job to someone more likeable?

But you have to understand money is on the line. For example, have you seen Jacare lately?? Man he is looking huge:

american-alligator-13632709.jpg

now thats marketing 101!!

But you have to understand money is on the line. For example, have you seen Jacare lately?? Man he is looking huge:

american-alligator-13632709.jpg

now thats marketing 101!!
I agree fighters are being wasted and the rankings mean nothing anymore, but how do you strip guys like Cody, DJ, JJ and Stipe who are actually willing to defend? Besides the biggest star in the game doesn't defend belts

Back