should the EU sanction Trump's companies? could they?

No, it isn't. It is not idiotic to think that singling out businesses associated with the most powerful elected representative of a powerful country for sanctions will have negative consequences and will damage diplomatic relations severely.

If not, then why do you think the EU hasn't tried something like this already?

China threw 50 billion in tarrifs on the US.

What are we going to do about it, other then raise tariffs?

Same is true here.

I'm all for playing hardball on trade, but the moves on that chess board are limited. It is actually more of a game of checkers.

If EU could ban banks from doing business with Trump, it might have a huge impact. The only loan he could get was from a German bank after all his bankruptcies.

I'm sure there is EU money heading towards Trump that could be disrupted.

EDIT: I just realized he took care of this himself after he refused to pay back his loan and fucked them over.

They don't have the balls to do anything to him. This is all a nonsensical pipe dream.

LMAO at Europe

TeIcG6L.jpg

Why is Europe called poor when the EU is the second largest economy in the world (about 3% behind the US)? Russia certainly shouldn't be agreeing as it's a smaller economy than 4 individual EU nations, despite it's geographical size.

It's surprising how often attempts like this fail due to lack of education.

They don't have the balls to do anything to him. This is all a nonsensical pipe dream.

Why, because they are afraid of his turkey gizzard neck?

The truth is that Europe is far better prepared for a protectionist future then the US is.

LOL, no.

Hilarious that some Liberals in here think it's a viable strategy.

Why, because they are afraid of his turkey gizzard neck?

The truth is that Europe is far better prepared for a protectionist future then the US is.

American has a bigger economy than all of Europe combined and it's still bigger if you add another entire French economy. They're already capitulating to him on the auto stuff.

Europe has so many internal issues, they can't compete with the US. Don't be deluded.

Why is Europe called poor when the EU is the second largest economy in the world (about 3% behind the US)? Russia certainly shouldn't be agreeing as it's a smaller economy than 4 individual EU nations, despite it's geographical size.

It's surprising how often attempts like this fail due to lack of education.

Europe is a dying continent and is nosediving towards irrelevancy

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ump-sanction-companies?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I thought this was an interesting read. Full article at link. If you want to read more about the stories in the emboldened portion, click on the article to see the hyperlinks that didn't transfer in my copy and paste.

Personally, i think it's a hilarious idea, but I'm interested in seeing what happens after the retaliatory tariffs of Canada, Mexico, the EU and China specifically target Trump-voting states.

It would probably pretty easy for EU to legally sanction Trump considering his business dealings with crooked Russian oligarchs. Years before he became president, he was barred from doing business in Australia because of his connections with organized crime.

Does judge hate America?

Cheerleading for NK, check
Cheerleading for Eu, check

Where do you stand on ms13?

American has a bigger economy than all of Europe combined and it's still bigger if you add another entire French economy. They're already capitulating to him on the auto stuff.

Europe has so many internal issues, they can't compete with the US. Don't be deluded.

You want to know why this won't happen?

Because Trump can do the same to European leaders, and their personal corporate allies.

Does judge hate America?

Cheerleading for NK, check
Cheerleading for Eu, check

Where do you stand on ms13?

Who is America?

The government or the people?

I am openly anti-American government. I thought I had that in common with conservatives.

Who is America?

The government or the people?

I am openly anti-American government. I thought I had that in common with conservatives.

Again, I’m a realist. Your fantasy of a corruption free government that looks out for the little guy, is just silly.

I’m good with having the most powerful nation on earth. The vast majority of hard working, law abiding citizens live pretty great lives.

Don’t like it? Think someplace else is better? Move there.

Again, I’m a realist. Your fantasy of a corruption free government that looks out for the little guy, is just silly.

I’m good with having the most powerful nation on earth. The vast majority of hard working, law abiding citizens live pretty great lives.

Don’t like it? Think someplace else is better? Move there.

That sounds lazy, and like the opposite of boot strap picker-uppering

It would be nice, hit Trump where it hurts and the only thing he actually cares about, himself!

Personally attacking the finances of the US president is a sure way to burn bridges with the US long term.

By long term, you mean two years?

What care did you have of him not seperating himself from his company and using his office to enrich himself? You can't have it both ways.

That sounds lazy, and like the opposite of boot strap picker-uppering

Well, while you’re out fighting for the impossible, I’ll be sipping on this sweet ass fuckin freedom the rest of the world wishes it had.

Don't target his companies, target his base.

Back