should the EU sanction Trump's companies? could they?

in what way is starting a trade war not attacking EU citizens? the costs will get passed down onto us.... stop being naive Inga.
You european nut jobs don't take attacks on your elected officials as an attack on your country do you?

<{Heymansnicker}>

You european nut jobs don't take attacks on your elected officials as an attack on your country do you?

<{Heymansnicker}>
I get that you think this is a 'gotcha' comment.... but it really isnt. Tariffs on EU goods will effect the consumers, tariffs on Trump will only effect his businesses

in what way is starting a trade war not attacking EU citizens? the costs will get passed down onto us.... stop being naive Inga.
Lol. I think you misunderstood. I was attempting to paraphrase your argument that the EU would be showing that they are only attacking Trump not the American people. I'm saying that a majority of the American people would probably take it as an insulting attack on them. And since you brought up naivety, I think it is naive to think the EU could easily sanction Trump businesses without far flung consequences (and vice versa). When you make things personal, they get nasty quickly.

Lol. I think you misunderstood. I was attempting to paraphrase your argument that the EU would be showing that they are only attacking Trump not the American people. I'm saying that a majority of the American people would probably take it as an insulting attack on them. And since you brought up naivety, I think it is naive to think the EU could easily sanction Trump businesses without far flung consequences (and vice versa). When you make things personal, they get nasty quickly.
thats just a reflection on how idiotic the American people are then, if thats the case then we should just retaliate as normal.

I get that you think this is a 'gotcha' comment.... but it really isnt. Tariffs on EU goods will effect the consumers, tariffs on Trump will only effect his businesses

eh, it was pretty hypocritical.
Its a dumb idea either way. Attacking the finances of a sitting president is hardly something you do to build good will with a country. Trump is still the guy that makes the decisions in this country. You think tariffs are tough now? You think relations are rocky now?

This whole idea just reeks of pettiness. "Yeah, get Trump! Take some of his money!"

If the EU tries to single out Trump's businesses for sanctions in order to gain leverage n US policy via having leverage on Trump, it would not be at all idiotic for Americans to see this as a hostile act. This is why the EU doesn't play games like that with the US and vice versa. Neither side has much to gain from that kind of escalation.

Its a dumb idea either way. Attacking the finances of a sitting president is hardly something you do to build good will with a country. Trump is still the guy that makes the decisions in this country. You think tariffs are tough now? You think relations are rocky now?

This whole idea just reeks of pettiness. "Yeah, get Trump! Take some of his money!"
what do you think Trump is being? he is captain petty.... anything the EU does is in retaliation. IF they went after Trump it would be in a way to not hurt American consumers, yet you goofs are taking it like its a personal attack.

you guys really are cultists

If the EU tries to single out Trump's businesses for sanctions in order to gain leverage n US policy via having leverage on Trump, it would not be at all idiotic for Americans to see this as a hostile act. This is why the EU doesn't play games like that with the US and vice versa. Neither side has much to gain from that kind of escalation.
thats some seriously idiotic thinking

thats some seriously idiotic thinking
No, it isn't. It is not idiotic to think that singling out businesses associated with the most powerful elected representative of a powerful country for sanctions will have negative consequences and will damage diplomatic relations severely.

If not, then why do you think the EU hasn't tried something like this already?

No, it isn't. It is not idiotic to think that singling out businesses associated with the most powerful elected representative of a powerful country for sanctions will have negative consequences and will damage diplomatic relations severely.

If not, then why do you think the EU hasn't tried something like this already?
yeah maybe with him.... but he isnt a dictator and wont be in power forever. Theyve not thought of something like this before because there hasnt been a cunt like Trump fucking up the world before

again, you are acting like a cult member

yeah maybe with him.... but he isnt a dictator and wont be in power forever. Theyve not thought of something like this before because there hasnt been a cunt like Trump fucking up the world before

again, you are acting like a cult member
1. There have been plenty of worse cunts than Trump fucking up the world before.
2. I'm not acting like a cult member. In fact, I haven't even defended Trump on personal terms in this situation. I'm merely pointing out the obvious reasons that the Guardian's advise will be ignored by responsible European leaders.

none of that happened

054e7b4672681467e266adddeec83161.jpg

1. There have been plenty of worse cunts than Trump fucking up the world before.
2. I'm not acting like a cult member. In fact, I haven't even defended Trump on personal terms in this situation. I'm merely pointing out the obvious reasons that the Guardian's advise will be ignored by responsible European leaders.
name one in the last 30 years that has caused as much trouble internationally as Trump? he is literally making your country a laughing stock and you dont even realise.

No you said that the American people would view tarrifs on Trump instead of on them would be viewed as an attack on the country.... thats borderline retarded, hence the cult comment

As for foreign policy, Mr. Trump has taken great pride in his recent meeting with North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, asserting that “I have solved that problem” after a decades-long nuclear standoff and even musing that he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. But there is no deal, at least not yet. There is a vague 391-word statement essentially agreeing to agree, an expression of a goal with no details.

In effect, the agreement with Mr. Kim is like a deal to sell parts of Trump Tower without settling on a price, date, inspection or financing. It is not nearly as advanced as agreements that President Bill Clinton and Mr. Bush made with North Korea, both of which ultimately collapsed.

Mr. Trump did secure the release of three Americans held prisoner by North Korea, much as President Barack Obama did with prisoners during his tenure. And he did win a promise by Mr. Kim to help repatriate the remains of American soldiers killed during the Korean War.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/us/politics/trump-deal-maker.html

cool story bro

what makes you assume that their tariffs are an attempt to get on trumps good side? i interpreted them as an attempt to twist his arm.

what makes you assume that their tariffs are an attempt to get on trumps good side? i interpreted them as an attempt to twist his arm.
Dumb idea no matter how you interpret it.

Not the message you want to send to potential foreign investors in your country either.

Back