Should the 170 division be split into 165 and 175?

notori0us1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it makes sense because :

- it will create a whole new division with a new belt (more $ for the UFC)
- gives the bigger lws who struggle to make weight like khabib, kevin Lee, etc. a chance to move up to 165
- reduces the weight gap b/t welterweight and middleweight
- allows big wws like till and others a chance to move up to another division that is closer to their ideal weight
- creates more opportunities for the lightweights and welterweights who are waiting for Conor and Tyron a chance to fight for a belt

You can give Tyron an opportunity to choose to be either the 165 or 175 champion if this happens as well and then get some contenders to fight for the other belt. I think the UFC really should consider this option.

Thoughts?

yes. i was orignally against it like 9 months ago, but i think it does make sense, the more i think about it.

is it the ca commission that is dwelling upon this? i think it makes sense. but i think thats more than enough. we dont need a 195 or 225 because the talent pool just isnt deep enough. it can be shuffled around a bit, but that might be too much

yes. i was orignally against it like 9 months ago, but i think it does make sense, the more i think about it.

is it the ca commission that is dwelling upon this? i think it makes sense. but i think thats more than enough. we dont need a 195 or 225 because the talent pool just isnt deep enough. it can be shuffled around a bit, but that might be too much
Yer the talent pool for LW and WW is so great that you can easily get this happen and have both new divisions thriving with talent. Guys like Khabib, Masvidal, Cerrone, Lee, RDA, etc. would fit perfectly in a 165 division.

I really hate more weight classes but being that 155 and 170 are by far the most stacked it makes sense to break up the talent and give guys in between sizes a better place. Cerrone, RDA, Khabib, and Diaz for example would all fit nicely at 165.

155 - 162 - 170 could work. Just split the 15 pound difference between 155 and 170 in half.

I like it the way it is right now. Although the divisions are pretty stacked, I don't think it's enough to add another division.

Is 170 so deep that deserving guys are denied shitle tot?

No. It's a terrible idea. More divisions suck. They are already shallow. The belts just become garbage because everyone jumps all over the place. We need less divisions.

No. It's a terrible idea. More divisions suck. They are already shallow. The belts just become garbage because everyone jumps all over the place. We need less divisions.
Less divisions? Hope your'e talking about WMMA. Yes I agree TS.

Less divisions? Hope your'e talking about WMMA. Yes I agree TS.
There should be no WMMA in the UFC. Send them to Invicta for starters. If anyone has watched the UFC live, these women's fights littered throughout the card suck. When you're watching, you sense about as much danger as a toddler charging after another toddler.

Divisions also need to be cut. No 125. No 135. No 145. Most of the past 155lb champs could make 145. Conor, Frankie, Pettis, BJ. Aldo could have been LW champ at one point.

Should be 155, 170, 185, 205 and 205+ like the good ol' days. Obviously that's never going to happen because WME and the UFC are in the money game. Eventually we'll have what TS says, and it'll basically just be splitting divisions and having a bunch of fringe top ten guys fighting for titles more frequently.

No

125 135 goes to 130
HW with no cap

No wmma

No too many divisions as it is

There should be 4 divisions

Hw

N that’s it

Is 170 so deep that deserving guys are denied shitle tot?

No. But I kinda feel bad for Woodley. Hes trying to make a money fight, but the champs surrounding him went over 400 days without a real fight during his reign.....makes it impossible to stoke interest in champ vs champ fights....

Yes, including stricter weight cutting regulations.

Khabib, Tony, Lee , Cowboy, RDA ,to 165

Woodley, Lawler, Wonderboy, Till, to 175

Rockhold, Romero , Rashad to 195

There should be no WMMA in the UFC. Send them to Invicta for starters. If anyone has watched the UFC live, these women's fights littered throughout the card suck. When you're watching, you sense about as much danger as a toddler charging after another toddler.

Divisions also need to be cut. No 125. No 135. No 145. Most of the past 155lb champs could make 145. Conor, Frankie, Pettis, BJ. Aldo could have been LW champ at one point.

Should be 155, 170, 185, 205 and 205+ like the good ol' days. Obviously that's never going to happen because WME and the UFC are in the money game. Eventually we'll have what TS says, and it'll basically just be splitting divisions and having a bunch of fringe top ten guys fighting for titles more frequently.
stupid.gif

Back