Should Stipe Miocic change camp?

Nah, when these guys change camps it sometimes takes a few fights to reap the benefits of a coaching change, if it’s a benefit at all. HW is so lacking depth all Stipe needs to do is let the circus tomfoolery play out and get his TS back, or fight for a newly vacated belt.

I've mentioned this like a broken record, but a likely factor is that Stipe was and is still a part-time firefighter throughout his career. This may be a reason why Stipe hasn't evolved much during his heavyweight career ex: he has no submission wins, his kicking game is very basic.

No, I am not talking about him unlocking his Croatian potential and becoming Cro-Cop 2.0, but he could have added kicks like push kicks, more head kicks, to keep DC at bay. In many of his fights he does a good job of controlling distance to land his punches, but he looked lazy in maintaining distance everytime DC would come forward in this fight.

As a competent amateur boxer, he could've circled more to stay away from DC when he would come forward. Simply standing in front of him and banging obviously wasn't the best option.

As the other poster mentioned, it seemed that he didn't see DC as the potential threat that he truly is.

People always bring up his record title defenses at HW, but is that really saying much when the previous record broken was never that impressive to begin with? How many title defenses does he have like 3? Yes I think he should move to a better camp and leave his fireman job so he can train full time. But I think being a fireman and living in Cleveland mean too much to him

After the humiliating defeat to Daniel Cormier, do you think former champ Stipe Miocic should change camp and learn some new tricks to his sleeve?
humiliating?
What is humiliating about getting caught?
It just fucking happen!

Humiliation is when someone is thoroughly dominated, which simply did not happen!

And no, he shouldn't change camps. Actually, I don't think he could, seeing that he is a FireFighter and his gym knows how to accommodate his hours.

Absolutely, positively NO. Stipe doesn't have a ronin soul. He's an insanely loyal cuss who numbers his head coach as one of his best friends. Tearing him away from his gym is as unthinkable as taking Mighty Mouse away from Matt Hume.

Would he benefit from learning some new tricks at a fresh camp? Possibly. But that would be vastly outweighed by the toll that losing the strong bond of trust and support would take on him. He can visit other teams, he's done that since he started. But some plants don't take well to repotting, and Stipe's like that. You can't rip out a decade's worth of roots, plunk him down somewhere else and expect him to thrive.

Yes, I think he should move to Vegas and train at the PI with Dana. Only failure and misery awaits him in Cleveland. LeBron realized this and left his shitty ass team and Stipe should do the same.

Yes, The UFC performance Institute... He can work with other A level talent like Ms. Dern.. Getting custom diet service from none other than Former UFC Champion Forrest Griffin.

8OYGHHH.jpg

His camp wasn't the issue.

HE made mistakes that cost him.

Charging in with ZERO regards for DCs power got him slept.

He thought he was just going to run over DC, and he was wrong.

Cormier is one of the best EVER.
Pretty much. He had no respect for DC's power, didn't fight long, charged into DC's perfered distance of fighting and thought that he'd put DC to sleep after just touching him a few times.

I guess that what happens when you brutally knock out AA, Werdum, Overeem and JDS in a row.

Pretty much. He had no respect for DC's power, didn't fight long, charged into DC's perfered distance of fighting and thought that he'd put DC to sleep after just touching him a few times.

I guess that what happens when you brutally knock out AA, Werdum, Overeem and JDS in a row.
When you knock out old shot cats but start to drink the koolaid ... reality will come-a-knocking.

This time reality was a live meat cube named DC. Better known as champ champ.

Flyingkick.gif lmao

Not at this point, he’s over 35 and probably has less than 5 fights left in him where he’s competing at that top level. If he was 30 and just lost the belt I’d say yes because at Strongstyle he doesn’t have near the training partners and access that other top gyms like ATT, AKA etc. provide.

DC had Cain alongside him the entire camp. That’s a big deal and advantage when it comes to preparation. Strongstyle is a small pond and stipe is the big fish there. I’m not sure he’s getting as pushed to improve further as he should have been.

That was the biggest fight of his career and he made quite a few mistakes that I find it hard to believe it was just his fault for making them in the cage and no fault is on preparation.

Like I said, he’s already over 35 and just had a kid and is planting his roots in the area now. So no, he won’t switch. If this was 5 years ago then it would have made sense for him to kinda nomad around and learn from other trainers.

Back