Should leg locks be legal in MMA and grappling?

Luke Rockholds (?) kick

Carmen_basilio's_left_hook
@White
Reaction score
Now Gary tonon is an expert leg locker and I've seen many good heel hookers in MMA al iaquinta prefers leg locks if taken down, rousimar palhares is probably the most notable knee bar and heel hooker in mixed martial arts leg locks being so great and fun to see how ever it can ruin someone's career if the don't tap to a leg lock or say someone holds on to long like palhares which could end someone's career in Imo I think leg locks should be legal but there should be a certain rule behind them like if there legs about to break they have a
30 seconds to get out I personally think they should not be banned because there's an option to tap to them where as push kicks to the legs or side kicks to the legs the leg can just break with no option to tap so it's almost forced with hyperextension but I just want your guys opinion on whether or not leg locks should be legal in MMA and grappling competitions thanks.

I've never trained any form of grappling, so I'm pretty ignorant here, but shouldn't it just be taken the same as an arm lock?

I've never trained any form of grappling, so I'm pretty ignorant here, but shouldn't it just be taken the same as an arm lock?
Yes I would agree with but I think the legs are more crucial to the fighter in MMA so I think this could be more harmful but hey don't know.

Yes, they should be legal.

Don't want to get caught in them or get your legs broke? Learn to defend it.

It sucked when they banned the heel hook in Pancrase

Yes, they should be legal.

Don't want to get caught in them or get your legs broke? Learn to defend it.

It sucked when they banned the heel hook in Pancrase
They don't break your leg however it causes hyperextension to the leg which leads to career ending injury.

Back