Should KEENAN CHANGE Teams Again?

kpoz12

The No Life King
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When Keenan Kai James left TLI for Atos, the Internet exploded and was ready to anoint him the greatest American bJJ player of all time and a LOCK for bJJ Blackbelt World Champion.

Since then, he hasn't come close to matching his meteoric raise at the coloured belt level, and at this point I'd be impressed if he could beat Gordon RAMSAY, never mind Gordon Ryan in a grappling match.
Pans 2018 was going to be his big comeback, but he just lost to Leandro Lo, who himself was just exposed as an overrated can by Craig Jones.

Maybe it's timer for a move to DDS?

Last edited:
Lol Keenan beat that australian guy at adcc.

ADCC and pans are two different beasts. Lo beat Gordon Ryan, who beat keenan, who beat “that Australian guy, who beat Lo

When Keenan Kai James left TLI for Atos, the Internet exploded and was ready to anoint him the greatest American bJJ player of all time.

Since then, he hasn't come close to matching his meteoric raise at the coloured belt level, and at this point I'd be impressed if he could beat Gordon RAMSAY, never mind Gordon Ryan in a grappling match.
Pans 2018 was going to be his big comeback, but he just lost to Leandro Lo, who himself just got annihilated by some Australian guy at ADCC.

what skillset do you think he needs in order to equal his brown belt domination, and what gym specializes in that?

what skillset do you think he needs in order to equal his brown belt domination, and what gym specializes in that?

(I know you're playing devil's advocate.) No such thing. Black belt is a totally different ballgame. The list of people who dominated black belt like Keenan dominated brown belt is what, 1-3 names in the history of ever out of how many thousands of competitors? It's just not a reasonable expectation.

Keenan trains with the best team in the world right now and just won Pans in his weight division. He's doing fine. Getting his guard passed by the best gi passer in history does not indicate a systemic failure to live up to his potential.

(I know you're playing devil's advocate.) No such thing. Black belt is a totally different ballgame. The list of people who dominated black belt like Keenan dominated brown belt is what, 1-3 names in the history of ever out of how many thousands of competitors? It's just not a reasonable expectation.

Keenan trains with the best team in the world right now and just won Pans in his weight division. He's doing fine. Getting his guard passed by the best gi passer in history does not indicate a systemic failure to live up to his potential.

yeah man. keenan won double gold at europeans, won his division at pans, and for all intents and purposes finished second in the absolute, but thats just chopped liver because he won the double grand slam at brown belt? not to mention that, since joining atos, he's revolutionized the sport with his lapel game?

since joining atos, he's revolutionized the sport with his lapel game?

For real. Variations of the lapel guards he's popularized showed up in popped up in at least 2/3 of the matches I watched at Pans.

Keenan needs more roids. He doesn't have to join DDS for that his home team is competent enough.

Hell no Keenan shouldn't switch teams! He just won gold at Pans yesterday.

The guy as been dominating. He lost to Leandro Lo in the Absolute/Open weight who is probably the best guard passer of all time.

At Keenan's level switching teams isn't what gets it done.

MMA/BJJ Math doesn't work. Yes, Craig Jones beat Lo, but Keenan beat Craig Jones handily. You can;t look at it like that.

Black belt adult is HARD AS FUCK!!! You can be the best in the world and lose. You can be the best in the world and win.

Keenan is at the top of the heap. The guy got silver at ADCC with the flu, and again, he just won Pans yesterday.

you got to be trolling...

jones is a can... allright, may be we need wolfman to entertain you.

Maybe a move back to Master Lloyd's?

point I'd be impressed if he could beat Gordon RAMSAY, never mind Gordon Ryan in a grappling match.

LOL. I'd LOVE to fight Gordon Ramsay. I'd kick that dude in the dick, the way he runs his mouth.

he just lost to Leandro Lo, who himself was just exposed as an overrated can by Craig Jones.

Savage. Why you bein so mean @kpoz12 ?

When Keenan Kai James left TLI for Atos, the Internet exploded and was ready to anoint him the greatest American bJJ player of all time and a LOCK for bJJ Blackbelt World Champion.

Pans 2018 was going to be his big comeback, but he just lost to Leandro Lo, who himself was just exposed as an overrated can by Craig Jones.

Leandro Lo is a overrated can? You nuts bro? Didn't he win a few divisions himself?

MMA math don't work. Sometimes there's just one guy that you'll have a hard time beating.

I'm not sure how going to a team of which the most widely advertised part of their game is not ibjjf legal (heel hooks and also primarily a no gi game) is going to help Keenan.

Lo exposed as an overrated can? <45>

Is Keenan playing multiple guards like he used to still?

thats mma bjj for you lol

guy loses 1 fight or match and all sudden he sucks

Keenan needs more roids. He doesn't have to join DDS for that his home team is competent enough.
This. Nobody will admit it but that’s often the difference. Lo and Ryan are super technical and SUPER SUPER devoted to creatine , organic juices and muscle and fitness magazine .

Back