Should I sign up for wrestling/boxing ?

I have never done a sport in my life and that's mostly because I'm clumsy and a very slow learner. On top of that I have a low pain tolerance but I really want to learn how to box and wrestle but my biggest fear is making a fool of myself. Do you think I should sign up or just avoid it all together ?

Stay home and get fat!

but my biggest fear is making a fool of myself. Do you think I should sign up or just avoid it all together ?

This is a reasonable fear; pretty much everyone who first attempts a new activity should be able to meet and exceed veteran practitioners with years of experience in the sport.

If this does not happen clearly something must be wrong.

Last edited:
Do it do it do it now

Well this is my first week of boxing and it's been ok. I'm struggling but I think I'll get better. Thanks for the support.

Well this is my first week of boxing and it's been ok. I'm struggling but I think I'll get better. Thanks for the support.

Don't make the mistake that everyone else makes by just leaving it all at the gym. Learn and practice outside the gym

Nah... don't waste time with grappling.
It's going to make you look silly and you'll end up with a bunch of straight guys snickering at you as you tote your cauliflower ear having ass into the dojo to roll around.
It just isn't worth it.
What do those guys do if they get taken down and ground and pounded or subbed?

bro i would do wrestling while you can. you can't do that later on like boxing and jiujitsu.

I have never done a sport in my life and that's mostly because I'm clumsy and a very slow learner. On top of that I have a low pain tolerance but I really want to learn how to box and wrestle but my biggest fear is making a fool of myself. Do you think I should sign up or just avoid it all together ?

Yes i would learn all styles that work ground stand-up anything that works in a real fight .

What do those guys do if they get taken down and ground and pounded or subbed?
They will then take JJ or Judo LOL REAL TALK which they should do in the first place. A man can walk on he ground thes the champ throw him in the water he drowns why he never learnd how to swim . REAL TALK .

Last edited:
Never happens. Besides, straights usually give those kinds of guys a wide berth.
If they don't want to get dropped on their head and choked then they should move out the way and give a wide berth so it never happens.

Guys that create a lot of rules about how you're supposed to act to be straight are in the closet. If you can't grapple with a guy without having gay thoughts, you're gay.

Back