Should I play Dishonored 1-2, or Uncharted 1-4

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 196663

And should I skip the early games and go straight to the more updated shit?

Thanks!

P.S. Regarding my gaming preference, I mainly just like the Mass Effect series, nothing much else.

both.

but, if you're going the Uncharted route, play all of them, they're relatively short and it's manageable. It's also about the emotional thread that flows through them rather than just the gameplay and graphics. You won't get that if you skip to the 4th one, or at least the impact will be considerably lessened.

If you prefer more options in gameplay and changing the story, Dishonored all the way.

If you just want story and pretty graphics Uncharted is among the best.

Uncharted for me, the franchise is excellent

Should I start with 1?? It's like ten years old.
Yes, absolutely. You can get a good grasp of the characters and what to expect for the later games. The scenery is still beautiful, even 10 years old.

Uhhh, yes.

"Uncharted" is popcorn gaming at it's finest. It's not a "hardcore gaming experience", but if you just want to chill, shoot some baddies, and climb some shit, while taking in a well told story, you can't go wrong.

"Dishonored" is a bit of a different beast. You can play it however you want, but it does cater to a more hoity toity gaming crowd, rife with gaming elements to exploit.

All in all though, they're both great franchises that are pretty much suited for anyone. Can't go wrong, really.

Yes, absolutely. You can get a good grasp of the characters and what to expect for the later games. The scenery is still beautiful, even 10 years old.
K, thanks. Going to start now!

Uhhh, yes.

"Uncharted" is popcorn gaming at it's finest. It's not a "hardcore gaming experience", but if you just want to chill, shoot some baddies, and climb some shit, while taking in a well told story, you can't go wrong.

"Dishonored" is a bit of a different beast. You can play it however you want, but it does cater to a more hoity toity gaming crowd, rife with gaming elements to exploit.

All in all though, they're both great franchises that are pretty much suited for anyone. Can't go wrong, really.
thanks.

Haven't played Dishonored 2, but Dishonored 1 is incredibly overrated. The story is very weak and there's no emotional investment in any of the characters. The gameplay was fun, and so were the enviroments, but you're penalized for killing people which leads you to the bad ending.

Uncharted was an action packed thrill ride. It felt like a Hollywood movie. Think Indiana Jones.

Haven't played Dishonored 2, but Dishonored 1 is incredibly overrated. The story is very weak and there's no emotional investment in any of the characters. The gameplay was fun, and so were the enviroments, but you're penalized for killing people which leads you to the bad ending.

Gotta say, that whole "punishment for killing" thing always irked me about Dishonored. They give you all these amazing lethal powers, and basically slap your hand if you use any of them. I remember the first time I played it, and got to the final stage, and the asshole boat guy starts chewing me out for killing the people that were terrorizing his group. It's such an odd shift in tone, because for the entirety of the game, no matter what you did, this guy was basically your wing man. Your good buddy. Then out of nowhere, he's like "Oh', you were killing people with your magical powers? Go fuck yourself."

It's like, fuck you old man. Without me, you'd all be dead or slaves. Get off your high horse.

Should I start with 1?? It's like ten years old.

I played the first one for the first time recently, it's still a good game. Not a struggle to play either, it's not very hard. You can beat it in a few days.

Gotta say, that whole "punishment for killing" thing always irked me about Dishonored. They give you all these amazing lethal powers, and basically slap your hand if you use any of them. I remember the first time I played it, and got to the final stage, and the asshole boat guy starts chewing me out for killing the people that were terrorizing his group. It's such an odd shift in tone, because for the entirety of the game, no matter what you did, this guy was basically your wing man. Your good buddy. Then out of nowhere, he's like "Oh', you were killing people with your magical powers? Go fuck yourself."

It's like, fuck you old man. Without me, you'd all be dead or slaves. Get off your high horse.

Yeah, if you go for the good ending the game isn't nearly as fun to play.

Ok, got Uncharted 1 out of the way. Hopefully part 2 will be better.

It's much better. Uncharted was okay, but it's a little basic in just about every way, and the environments weren't that varied.

Although, some of the set-pieces, and cinematic tricks that wowed people back when it first came out, probably won't be as impressive today. The train level in in particular in U2, was insane when it first came out. Nowadays, every third person adventure game has a version of that level.

All in all though, it's a huge improvement over the first game.

Uncharted 2 may be the pinnacle of the series. Enjoy it. 2/3/4 are easily some of the best games ever made. The first one was fantastic in 07, but its not as varied as the others. Funnily enough it was my favorite game for a long time before the second came out.

I implore you to play the lass of us, after youre done with the uncharted series. The greatest game of all time imo.

Thanks!

P.S. Regarding my gaming preference, I mainly just like the Mass Effect series, nothing much else.

Easily Uncharted.

Recognize that while it is a good game, U1 is an order of magnitude below the rest. U2, U3, U4 are all tip top.

I couldn't get into the DIshonored games so Uncharted all the way. As mentioned, I would probably just play some of the 1st game or skip it. The 2nd on was so much better and twice as long.

Thanks!

i know i'm late, but i'd avoid both. unless they're free. and then it's a push.

Back